The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Custom on October 27, 2011, 08:11:15 PM
still, hero
that just looks average to me
you need to get out more man

i just hope they bring expansive dungeons, bigger bosses, a new feel to the overworld, and some fun new weapons to use (minus that flying bug thing because the controls for that felt so stiff )
That looks average? You're jaded, clearly...

Are the only games that look "good" to you Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3?

Bearissoslow

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on October 27, 2011, 08:52:07 PM

Custom: i'm saying that games like uncharted 3, battlefield 3, modern warfare 2, burnout paradise, castlevania lords of shadow, shadows of the darned, and even final fantasy 13 have become a STANDARD for average gamers
they EXPECT to see games that look like that from now on, and the industry is making more games that look like THOSE for upcoming releases
Custom: 
nintendo isn't pushing for graphics and the wii isn't strong
they're doing the best they can, and even though I can appreciate the art style being put into it, the graphics aren't amazing or groundbreaking in any way
they're average. 

zelda has never had the best graphics (minus n64 days those were good as intercourse  at the time)
Custom: nor are these graphics are impressive

however, as i said, nintendo always adds a unique art style and give them a feel that makes them look good and playable
zelda has never been about straight up graphics
it's a feeling of adventure and the beautifully designed temples that make the games a wonderful experience 
Custom: that's the reason i can go back and play zelda 1, OoT, or ALLTP without cringing for a second

even games like shadow of the colossus make me feel kind of meh, and those graphics were groundbreaking at the time 

posted for custom since I banned him
teehee

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on October 27, 2011, 08:52:07 PM

See the Silver/Custom post. Yes, those games are leaps and bounds better than TP in terms of visuals. (and FYI, I hate the Uncharted series). Even for a far weaker system, TP never pushed the console in any way. Character models were low res and uninspired, the overworld was pretty desolate and lacked any charm, effects at times were pixelated messes. TP doesn't look BAD per se, but it does nothing to inspire the imagination. Again, when games that came out years before it are more visually impressive, you're not trying hard enough.

Again, I think Nintendo sticks with the cartoony style not because it looks good or fits a visual motif, but because they want to make far simpler character designs that don't have as much detail as other visual styles. Not that it looks bad in environments or so, but let's be honest here, some of those enemy models look downright lazy.

Kayo

Yet Nintendo games are enjoyable without great graphics, while 360/PS3 games wouldn't be thought nearly as fun without the graphics level they have. In a way it's a skill for Nintendo to make games downright amazing even if the graphics aren't realistically good. Come on, guys.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on October 28, 2011, 08:34:07 AM
See the Silver/Custom post. Yes, those games are leaps and bounds better than TP in terms of visuals. (and FYI, I hate the Uncharted series). Even for a far weaker system, TP never pushed the console in any way. Character models were low res and uninspired, the overworld was pretty desolate and lacked any charm, effects at times were pixelated messes. TP doesn't look BAD per se, but it does nothing to inspire the imagination. Again, when games that came out years before it are more visually impressive, you're not trying hard enough.

Again, I think Nintendo sticks with the cartoony style not because it looks good or fits a visual motif, but because they want to make far simpler character designs that don't have as much detail as other visual styles. Not that it looks bad in environments or so, but let's be honest here, some of those enemy models look downright lazy.
Erm, I was talking about the HD demo. I'd have to be intercourse ing retarded to say to looks even 1/20th as good as those. Clearly, Nintendo considers graphics an important part of the franchise.

I guess I can't prove anything so long as Nintendo makes underpowered systems, huh? I still think you're jaded, though. I take things as they are. Skyward Sword is artistically beautiful, and that's enough for me. If you need hyper-realistic graphics in every game for you to feel that effort was put in, I really pity you.

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on October 28, 2011, 12:10:11 PM
Erm, I was talking about the HD demo. I'd have to be intercourse ing retarded to say to looks even 1/20th as good as those. Clearly, Nintendo considers graphics an important part of the franchise.

I guess I can't prove anything so long as Nintendo makes underpowered systems, huh? I still think you're jaded, though. I take things as they are. Skyward Sword is artistically beautiful, and that's enough for me. If you need hyper-realistic graphics in every game for you to feel that effort was put in, I really pity you.

They don't have to be realistic for me, I just feel that Nitnendo, whenever they do try realistic graphics, are insanely lazy about it, at least since the N64 days. TP is a good example of this. And Skyward Sword does look good, I just think there are spots where Nintendo clearly isn't trying as hard as they could *looks at the moblins or generic enemies whatever they're called in how they're all one color with just a face and barely any detail*

DededeCloneChris

Nayrman, you always think Nintendo is lazy. That's not a novelty.

Doodle

Twilight Princess actually uses a lot of dull, lazy, low-res textures.
See:
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_236785.jpg
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_236784.jpg

Whereas you can run WW in 1080p and it'd look great without actually having to do much just because of its simplicity.
http://i.imgur.com/tT26l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KQlBL.jpg

And Skyward Sword will probably look even more stunning.
YEAH

Super

Doodle

http://i.imgur.com/JGsjd.jpg
Apparently this is Skyward Sword in Dolphin as of now
YEAH

DededeCloneChris

Ignoring Dolphin, they weren't kidding when they said landscapes looked like paintings.

Hero_of_Darkness

Game will be out in Sweden on Friday.

Zero

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on November 09, 2011, 05:53:37 PM
Game will be out in Sweden on Friday.
lol test market                                                                                                                     

Hero_of_Darkness

Big postgame spoiler. (Not story related.) Do not read if you want to be surprised.

[spoiler]There is a second quest, and it's much, much harder than any 3D Zelda. Enemies do double damage and are no recovery hearts from enemies or even pots. So, basically, when you start the game, the most basic enemies will be able to kill you in three hits (you still start with six hearts, and most early enemies deal one heart of damage in the normal quest) at the beginning of the game, and you'll only be able to heal if you have a potion, find a heart piece, or get a heart container from beating a boss.

Shit just got real.[/spoiler]