News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Who cares what anyone thinks? I just read those reviews because I go to IGN's site and GI's magazine for news anyway. Besides, I can pretty much go on their reviews as long as they're not Sonic-related. SEGA combines Classic and Unleashed gameplay and GI gives it a 6? Bull.

Also, if GI's biased towards shooters, and the only 10s they gave in Shooter Season 2011 were Batman and Zelda, isn't that alone a testament to Batman and Zelda's greatness?

Zero

Quote from: The Penguin on November 11, 2011, 08:58:07 AM
Also, if GI's biased towards shooters, and the only 10s they gave in Shooter Season 2011 were Batman and Zelda, isn't that alone a testament to Batman and Zelda's greatness?

Yes. It is.

I really want City, Skyrim, and Zelda.

Yet the only game I'm probably getting this month is Mario 3D Land just because I need something for my 3DS. Balls.

Nayrman

IGN says every intercourse ing new console Zelda game is "teh bestest zelda liek evah". Seriously, read each of their reviews when the games came out and they always say the same thing that it's better than OoT. If every game keeps being compared to OoT, clearly nothing has surpassed it yet IGN. I guess I'll see when it comes out, but at the very least it looks way better than Twilight Princess.

DededeCloneChris

I heard IGN gave Tales of Symphonia a 4/10. If that's true, I can't take them seriously.

Zero

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 11, 2011, 10:15:23 AM
I heard IGN gave Tales of Symphonia a 4/10. If that's true, I can't take them seriously.

It's just one of many examples.

I shouldn't have to provide more. Everyone knows how intercourse ing stupid IGN is.

Neerb

Upon actually LOOKING at their Zelda review scores, only three have ever gotten a 10: the famous Ocarina of Time, and the two Oracle games which most people haven't played. So there actually IS a reason they compare every game to OoT, and Skyward Sword getting a 10 actually IS a big deal for IGN, and maybe from now on they will say "it's the best Zelda since Skyward Sword."

That said, I still mainly just use them for news; some reviews are too out there to believe.

Tupin

I have a feeling that it would have gotten better scores had it not been released so closely to Skyrim. Plus, this is the first Wii game to get real attention in a long while. People may not like that it has different design compared to other modern games, or have completely given up on the Wii and/or motion control.

It looks better than Twilight Princess, but I didn't like Twilight Princess. I still think it's the worst Nintendo Zelda game.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Tupin

Oh, and it's already out in Switzerland. Strange, I didn't think they were an individual market.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DededeCloneChris

Not only is SS being released earlier in some countries, but even Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 is also getting out.

Kayo

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 11, 2011, 10:15:23 AM
I don't agree with their reviews I'll never pay attention to them again

I remember seeing a video of a guy who flipped poop and pledged never to buy a magazine again because it gave the new Duke Nukem a 3/10.

The answer is this: You're entitled to your own opinion, so you don't need to let "official" reviews define whether a game is good or not. You may love a game while the next guy hates it. It's based highly on opinion and knowledge of the series as a whole, so there's no way to write a review that will please everyone.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Tupin on November 11, 2011, 04:05:33 PM
I have a feeling that it would have gotten better scores had it not been released so closely to Skyrim. Plus, this is the first Wii game to get real attention in a long while. People may not like that it has different design compared to other modern games, or have completely given up on the Wii and/or motion control.

It looks better than Twilight Princess, but I didn't like Twilight Princess. I still think it's the worst Nintendo Zelda game.
Skyward Sword and Skyrim aren't even in the same genre! All comparisons between them are meaningless.

Also, some of the reviews are just horrible. EGM's is a shining example of how NOT to review a Wii game or a Zelda game. (And please read it before attacking me for that opinion. It really is that bad.)

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on November 12, 2011, 07:28:14 AM
EGM's

*reads*

.   .   .   .   .   .   . HOW is this person employed? That has to be the single most embarrassingly brain-dead review I have ever read!

Honestly, he took it down 1.5 points because the motion controls were accurate! I'm surprised he has enough mental capacity to BREATH, let alone become employed.

Zero

Custom

are you saying this is better than modern warfare
you must be mistaken

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Custom on November 12, 2011, 01:29:44 PM
are you saying this is better than modern warfare
you must be mistaken

CoD4.1.2 isn't even all that good of a game.