The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

people intercourse ing love it though

i dont intercourse ing get it

Neerb

News in reviews:

Good - Famitsu gave it a perfect 40 (although Metacritic hasn't taken that into account)
Bad - GameSpot gave it a 7.5, the lowest review so far (which Metacritic has taken into account, dropping the overall score to 94)

Hero_of_Darkness

GameSpot review summary:

"Motion controls are the only change and they don't work 20% of the time for us even though they work fine for most other reviewers! Otherwise, it's OoT with a new coat of paint and you'll only like it for the nostalgia!"

Doodle

YEAH

Tupin

Nobody seems to like the harp, though. Nintendo barely showed any footage of it, so it must not be a big part of the game.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Neerb

The main complaint with the harp is simply that it doesn't add anything. No interesting playstyle like The Wind Waker, no optional uses like the Ocarina of Time; you just wave your Wiimote back and forth Wii Music style, and you only have to use it for certain plot points.

It's kind of a shame, as playing the harp on Wii could be fun, and warp songs, day-to-night, telepathy etc. was great in the first three 3D games, but I wouldn't take points away from the score because of it. It's just a filler item, like half of the items in TP, but unlike TP is the fact that all of the other items in SS have upgrades and/or multiple uses.

Zero

It's more along the lines of "hey lets not make the harp super important because people keep saying every 3D Zelda is a rehash of the first one that coincidentally had a musical instrument as an important part of the game" than anything

Doodle

Anyone listen to any of the 25th anniversary symphony tracks?

I died
YEAH

Zero

I hope Gamespot gets a lot of poop for this. Won't lie.

I'm terrible I know.

DededeCloneChris

Aw, 8.8 rating. It's become a well-known term...

Hero_of_Darkness

Time for another hilariously bad review!

http://venturebeat.com/2011/11/19/review-skyward-sword/

Can you make it past the first page?

Tupin

Websites are giving it a low score just to be edgy, like how there was one reviewer who called Toy Story 3 crap out of many who reviewed it.

Tupin

Tomorrow is the day it launches in North America. Unless by some miracle Xenoblade comes out here, this will be the last big Wii game.

Oh, and the Wii launched five years ago today. Oh, the promise it had...