News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Chickens

Neerb

I'd say that reviewer was payed to give it a bad score to boost his site's hits, as I've never even heard of that site before, but after reading some of his replies to people in the comment section, it's pretty clear he's just an anti-Wii fanboy.

Tupin

It's not the first time he's done this, he gave Skyrim and Arkham City each an 89.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

So it comes out tomorrow, but I'll probably get it in the mail at some point during the week. Can't be bothered to go to a store when it's this busy out. Also, probably won't have time to play it until the holiday break anyway. *shrugs*

So yeah, will play this game, then the Wii goes into a box for ten years until I get a nostalgia hankering. It would've gone in last year had this game not come out. Beh.

Tupin

Like I said, it had such promise. So many more consoles were sold than actual games, software sales on anything not made by Nintendo were horrible compared to any other company.

The Wii launched in a different market, in several ways. I guess the best thing I could compare it to would be if the Dreamcast in that it was an in-between system in terms of power. Who wants to program for an in-between when you have the next generation? Nintendo had much better marketing and the initiative to make it work, different from Sega.

Ever notice how all of the good Wii games not made by Nintendo are by Japanese developers for the most part? I don't think American studios ever really "got" the Wii, mainly because of its awful online system and weak architecture. Nintendo really must not care about online, and they've said before they don't care what other companies do because they don't like to play catchup, but they're about ten years behind the industry in terms of online.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Tupin on November 19, 2011, 10:08:17 PM
Like I said, it had such promise. So many more consoles were sold than actual games, software sales on anything not made by Nintendo were horrible compared to any other company.

The Wii launched in a different market, in several ways. I guess the best thing I could compare it to would be if the Dreamcast in that it was an in-between system in terms of power. Who wants to program for an in-between when you have the next generation? Nintendo had much better marketing and the initiative to make it work, different from Sega.

Ever notice how all of the good Wii games not made by Nintendo are by Japanese developers for the most part? I don't think American studios ever really "got" the Wii, mainly because of its awful online system and weak architecture. Nintendo really must not care about online, and they've said before they don't care what other companies do because they don't like to play catchup, but they're about ten years behind the industry in terms of online.

Wait... What? Explain this, because it couldn't be any more wrong on its own.

Tupin

I meant that people bought a console, played Wii Sports, and rarely bought another game.

Zero

Got the special edition

lord have mercy this game is sick

Doodle

Quote from: Michio Kaku on November 20, 2011, 03:46:41 PM
Got the special edition

They were out of them, so I settled with just the game
eh

The game is amazing so far, though
YEAH

DededeCloneChris

I love the game's plot. A certain game mechanic scene has convinced me of uploading a special joke video...

The Riddler

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 20, 2011, 06:33:08 PM
I love the game's plot. A certain game mechanic scene has convinced me of uploading a special joke video...
of course you're jerking the controller off.

Kayo

Quote from: Tupin on November 20, 2011, 11:29:21 AM
I meant that people bought a console, played Wii Sports, and rarely bought another game.
Not true.

Some of them bought Wii Fit too.

Quote from: Michio Kaku on November 20, 2011, 03:46:41 PM
Got the special edition

You're talking about the bundle with the Wiimote right? Yeah I'll definitely be getting that, without a doubt.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

*No particular spoilers are in the video. Don't worry.*

Mwahahahah, she was evil all along.

Zero

Quote from: Kayghost on November 20, 2011, 06:59:48 PM
You're talking about the bundle with the Wiimote right? Yeah I'll definitely be getting that, without a doubt.

Yes.

zephilicious

maybe im still trying to play it like twilight princess too, but i totally get what the gamespot reviewer is talking about
~~ <3