News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

..playing this game at my girlfriends house and I've noticed one significant, blaring, painful problem with the game.

The calibration keeps going out of sync. When I go into my wii menu, it's fine, but in the game it keeps breaking. Every single intercourse ing time I open my map I can't move the hand, and I have to recalibrate it.

But outside of the game it works intercourse ing fine.

Zero

The Riddler

DededeCloneChris

That maybe has to do with the fact that the sword control integrates to the pointer control as well. That's why there's the center option. However, it's not much of an issue with choosing multiple choice answers with the control stick available

The Riddler

The problem is with scrolling through the menus and map, and eventually intercourse s up the sword swinging as well.

Zero

I've yet to experience this problem.

Maybe you're not setting the wiimote on a flat enough surface?

Hero_of_Darkness

I heard that keeping the sensor bar in-range allows it to calibrate itself.

The Riddler

Quote from: Michio Kaku on November 23, 2011, 10:40:05 PM
I've yet to experience this problem.

Maybe you're not setting the wiimote on a flat enough surface?
a table is about as flat as it gets.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: The Riddler on November 23, 2011, 11:35:05 PM
If it wasn't 2011, I'd make a "your mom" joke...

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on November 23, 2011, 11:35:05 PM

weird

There must be an explanation for this.

zephilicious

the issue is that for some intercourse ing reason they decided it was a good idea to ignore the sensor bar completely and do all the pointer positioning with motion plus. whatever direction your controller is facing when the game brings up a pointer for anything is treated as neutral. they provide the recenter option to fix this but its still stupid and unintuitive as hell
~~ <3

Ravioli

Fucking intercourse  I want to play this game.

Staying sober from my old video game habit is intercourse ing hard.

I want my intercourse ing fix.

DededeCloneChris

Actually, I found it fun to aim to the right without necessarily pointing at the screen.

Doodle

Quote from: zephilicious on November 25, 2011, 03:16:57 PM
the issue is that for some intercourse ing reason they decided it was a good idea to ignore the sensor bar completely and do all the pointer positioning with motion plus. whatever direction your controller is facing when the game brings up a pointer for anything is treated as neutral. they provide the recenter option to fix this but its still stupid and unintuitive as hell
I thought it was nice not having to rely on the poopty sensor bar.
YEAH

zephilicious

It could be a good thing if it mimicked the sensor bar better. If it made up for the sensor bar's problems (limited range, interference problems) without throwing out all of its advantages (faster movement speed, universal positioning)

Five years of experience with every other wii game tells me if i point at the center of the screen my cursor moves to the center of the screen. here that only works if you point at the center of the screen before activating the cursor.
~~ <3