News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Tupin on December 01, 2011, 04:48:16 PM
I haven't been able to play much, but it's a Zelda game. Of course it's good. Motion control works fine for me, I have no idea why everyone has so many problems.
Stop thinking Nayrman and the new guy are everyone.

zephilicious

dangit why am i relegated to new guy status i demand the respect i deserve as resident badass
~~ <3

Nayrman

So yeah, entering second temple. Getting a tad better at the controls but still. I think they're not great. Also, I'm getting the feeling I'm gonna have to do a stupid dowsing fetch quest to get in EVERY temple. I hate those so....

So yeah, doing slightly better but the game still bothers me.

The Riddler

I didn't bother dowsing when I was playing.

Doodle

Quote from: zephilicious on December 01, 2011, 05:52:58 PM
wind waker's overworld has more poop to explore than any other zelda game. sure the ocean's too big and the island's are too far apart but every single island is worth exploring and even the ocean is not completely devoid of content.
Most of the islands were just rocks with no music that had a chest or a goron merchant on them. Anything that wasn't part of the main game was pretty lacking and uninteresting aside from the coral reefs with those giant squids or whatever.
YEAH

Zero

I think the both of you are missing the point of these overworlds.

It's to create a sense of adventure. Can you honestly tell me that when you first played WW that you weren't immersed with that feeling?

Doodle

At first, but after a while you realize there isn't as much as it looks
I loved WW's overworld, though. It just needed more
YEAH

zephilicious

there is still no zelda game with more to do in the overworld than wind waker. except maybe some of the 2d games.
Quote from: Nayrman on December 01, 2011, 11:06:39 PM
So yeah, entering second temple. Getting a tad better at the controls but still. I think they're not great. Also, I'm getting the feeling I'm gonna have to do a stupid dowsing fetch quest to get in EVERY temple. I hate those so....

So yeah, doing slightly better but the game still bothers me.
dont worry the fetch quests for the 2nd set of dungeons are much worse.
~~ <3

Nayrman

Quote from: Michio Kaku on December 02, 2011, 05:47:23 AM
I think the both of you are missing the point of these overworlds.

It's to create a sense of adventure. Can you honestly tell me that when you first played WW that you weren't immersed with that feeling?

Maybe for about five minutes, but then you realize there's absolutely nothing to do in these overworlds so really, what's the point? Ocarina of Time was at least smart enough to only put in use half the overworld until you get Epona (notice how the first three dungeons take place all on the right side of the overworld map?). Yes, it's pretty dead there but it's still no where near as offensive as WW or TP.

And I still hate all these annoying fetch quests Nintendo.

DededeCloneChris

The Kikwi "Fetch Quest" was actually enjoyable. I admit I wanted to rush through the area, but I was convinced that exploring was worth the time after all.

Nayrman

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on December 02, 2011, 12:09:03 PM
The Kikwi "Fetch Quest" was actually enjoyable. I admit I wanted to rush through the area, but I was convinced that exploring was worth the time after all.

Uh...how? You're wandering around an area asked to get 3 macguffins to proceed because the game feels like padding itself. It's a fetch quest and not even a good one at that. The one before the Earth Temple is also as random as the first one. At the very least the third temple has a somewhat valid reason for having the fetch quest, but a fetch quest none the less.

Also, intercourse  Lanayru desert, that is all.

Zero

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on December 02, 2011, 12:09:03 PM

Agreed.

@Nayr: It really wasn't that bad, lol

Nayrman

Quote from: Michio Kaku on December 02, 2011, 05:48:24 PM
Agreed.

@Nayr: It really wasn't that bad, lol

In it of itself, no. Ultimately it's just pointless and tedious since: a) I could easily tell where I was going to go after, just that I can't because I needed the slingshot. b) The reason was so stupid. Kikwi elder: "Durr, go find my little friends because I say so and won't tell you what you want to know." I just found it ultimately pointless.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on December 02, 2011, 06:08:09 PM
In it of itself, no. Ultimately it's just pointless and tedious since: a) I could easily tell where I was going to go after, just that I can't because I needed the slingshot. b) The reason was so stupid. Kikwi elder: "Durr, go find my little friends because I say so and won't tell you what you want to know." I just found it ultimately pointless.
Link is a darn stranger to the surface world. So it was totally justified that he needed to prove himself to the elder.

Nayrman

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on December 02, 2011, 06:10:10 PM
Link is a darn stranger to the surface world. So it was totally justified that he needed to prove himself to the elder.

Do I really need to prove myself to have a question answered? It'd be like me going up to you and asking "Hey, do you know where the nearest pizza place is?" and you respond: "I don't know you! Find three things I hid around town to prove your worth! Then I shall tell you!"

Of course, I needed the slingshot to get past, again, obvious plot convenience. Again, I just REALLY hate fetch quests considering they're pretty much always time wasters.