News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

>The Wiimote bundles are all gone everywhere, and there are no plans for more shipments.

So guys, is this game worth spending $90? ($50 + $40 more to get a separate WMP since I have none) I really want it, but $90 is really high just to play one game.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Pennington on December 02, 2011, 06:39:13 PM
>The Wiimote bundles are all gone everywhere, and there are no plans for more shipments.

So guys, is this game worth spending $90? ($50 + $40 more to get a separate WMP since I have none) I really want it, but $90 is really high just to play one game.
Oh, uh, wow. The price is a bit too high...

Wait, you can still get the accessory for separate.

Kayo

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on December 02, 2011, 07:02:18 PM
Oh, uh, wow. The price is a bit too high...

Wait, you can still get the accessory for separate.
Did you even read my post?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Delibird on December 02, 2011, 08:10:56 PM
An accessory is $20.
*Sniff* Is it so wrong that Kayo didn't know better, resulting in me getting scolded for no reason?

Kayo

Quote from: Delibird on December 02, 2011, 08:10:56 PM
An accessory is $20.
Nope.

$39.99 everywhere.

You probably mean this:

But they don't have that in any of my local stores for whatever reason. Just the built-in ones.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Pennington on December 02, 2011, 08:43:23 PM
But they don't have that in any of my local stores for whatever reason. Just the built-in ones.

eBay?

Also, it might be nice to buy that $40 for future use. The Wii's almost dead, but we already know they'll be using it on the Wii U for various games (possibly even a Zelda, according to Aonuma).

DededeCloneChris

X-3

I finished the game yesterday. I'd give it an 8/10. Not the best Zelda game but far from the worst.

The padding the game uses gets ridiculous (the last third of the game is a chore) and I didn't like Fi at all.

Hero_of_Darkness

I've been keeping up with the sales threads on NeoGAF, and it seems that it's selling significantly worse than TP did. In the UK, it's a borderline flop. I don't think that Nintendo's ever going to require an add-on for Zelda again...

Zero

Probably not

A shame its not selling well. It's ZELDA. buy it you faggots. Play a REAL game. This is that REAL game. Not some stupid Angry Birds or Facebook poop.

i dont know. without coasterkid or custom here its like we're missing something and i just can't fill those shoes.

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on December 05, 2011, 06:11:29 AM
I've been keeping up with the sales threads on NeoGAF, and it seems that it's selling significantly worse than TP did. In the UK, it's a borderline flop. I don't think that Nintendo's ever going to require an add-on for Zelda again...

Strange; it was called the fastest-selling Zelda ever not too long ago. I guess most people that wanted it already got it.

As for the add-on, I say screw that. Zelda's a core game for core gamers, and if grandma isn't willing to get a Wii Motion Plus because she's only had Wii Sports for the past 6 years, then too bad for her. Also, like I mentioned earlier, we already know that the Wii U will be using it (like the Move for the PS3), so if anyone has any intention to stay with Nintendo for the coming years, they might as well get one.

By the way, I finally was able to play the game myself at a GameStop demo (won't own the game til Christmas, probably), and while certain issues such as fetch-quests weren't available for me to complain about, I did manage to play the bird-flying, a dungeon, and the first Ghirahim boss (well, I didn't actually FINISH any except the bird-flying). My thoughts on the game: it's good. The sword swinging isn't quite as precise as I thought it was, as Nayr's complaints about broader swinging motions come to mind, but once I got the hang of it I didn't really mind having to move my arm a bit farther. I also really liked how this swordplay has turned every fight into a "puzzle" of sorts; whether fighting my first Skulltula or Ghirahim himself, I felt more drawn into the game than any previous Zelda fight. What I loved MOST about the motion controls, though, was the bow, which is freaking awesome to use. Also, simply hitting "Down" at any time to center the controller was... ridiculously easy and convenient and made perfect sense. The critics complaining about it are either completely incompetent or were born without thumbs, because centering an item is not only easy but is basically a must-have feature.

As for the graphics... I can't really say. GameStop demos such as this one often have horrible quality in the visual-department, and the game did look a bit blurry. However, it was still enjoyable enough for me to play through the whole game that way if I had to. I love the art-style, after all.

Flying Chickens

It's a fun world I live in where I can form an opinion of a game I've been waiting to play, sans actually playing the game, just because of the Internet.

I'm still through the roof stoked for this game. I just finished TP again in anticipation.

Ravioli

I'm not going to jerk off again until I play this game.

In related news I'm taking up heroin in the meantime.

zephilicious

Quote from: Ho Ho Hover Poultry on December 05, 2011, 07:12:05 PM
It's a fun world I live in where I can form an opinion of a game I've been waiting to play, sans actually playing the game, just because of the Internet.

I'm still through the roof stoked for this game. I just finished TP again in anticipation.
you should have saved tp as a slightly less poopty reward for finishing skyward sword
~~ <3