News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Chickens

Twilight Princess sold well on GameCube, and Galaxy and Brawl were both pick-up-and-play. The gamer audience was still on the GameCube while the casual audience picked up those two games. It's that simple. It's the exact same reason Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks didn't sell: The Nintendo DS was a bad system that had poor sales. Because of that, the games were unable to sell well because the system didn't sell well. Just like Skyward Sword, which sold poorly because the Wii sold poorly.
I don't see what's so hard to comprehend in this.

The Riddler

Quote from: Ho Ho Hover Poultry on December 11, 2011, 05:23:00 PM
Twilight Princess sold well on GameCube, and Galaxy and Brawl were both pick-up-and-play. The gamer audience was still on the GameCube while the casual audience picked up those two games. It's that simple. It's the exact same reason Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks didn't sell: The Nintendo DS was a bad system that had poor sales. Because of that, the games were unable to sell well because the system didn't sell well. Just like Skyward Sword, which sold poorly because the Wii sold poorly.
or, yanno, poor marketing for those games and people uninterested in touch controls.

Zero

The DS sold incredibly well among gamers and non-gamers alike. You're making giant assumptions here, man.

You ever think that maybe PH and ST just sucked?

The Riddler

zephilicious

Twilight Princess sold well on GameCube

in addition to what everyone else said, the sales numbers i posted separate the wii and gamecube versions of twilight princess. the gamecube version did not sell well, and the wii version significantly outsold both it and windwaker. which was my point.

you are grossly exaggeration the size of the casual audience.
~~ <3

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Michio Kaku on December 11, 2011, 07:05:13 PM
The DS sold incredibly well among gamers and non-gamers alike. You're making giant assumptions here, man.

You ever think that maybe PH and ST just sucked?
To be honest, I was really expecting this to be the part that someone called me out on being a troll.
I'm bored, and was worried about getting spoilers at some point in the discussion, so I just kind of derailed it with over-exaggerated falsities.

Don't worry, I still love all of you. <3

Ravioli

AWWWWWWWWWW SHIT FUCK SON HOVER GOTCHA GOOD NIGGAZ AHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHGAGH89UPOI[PIFU-TG048BW= 0POKHJ

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Ravioli on December 12, 2011, 06:53:36 PM
AWWWWWWWWWW SHIT FUCK SON HOVER GOTCHA GOOD NIGGAZ AHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHGAGH89UPOI[PIFU-TG048BW= 0POKHJ
Nigga nigga tabasco sauce.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on December 10, 2011, 07:06:31 PM
yes im implying that the 2nd best selling console of all time did not sell poorly.

Third. Not sure if it has a chance of beating PS1 at this point, since it's completely dead.

That doesn't affect your argument; just pointing that out.

zephilicious

well darn guess i have to stop guessing at facts

in other news im replaying majoras mask now because i needed a good zelda. and darn is it good.
~~ <3

Kayo

>"The Wii was a flop"

I can't stop laughing.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on December 13, 2011, 06:02:15 AM
Third. Not sure if it has a chance of beating PS1 at this point, since it's completely dead.

That doesn't affect your argument; just pointing that out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

You're right.

It's also worth noting that Sony didn't even sell half as many PSP's as Nintendo did DS's. With all the poop they're pulling with the Vita how do they expect to even sell what the PSP did?

Bearissoslow

i seriously i can't believe i came back tot his forum to this thread

condensed faggotry is always the worst

Zero

Quote from: Bearissoslow on December 13, 2011, 09:21:05 PM
i seriously i can't believe i came back tot his forum to this thread

condensed faggotry is always the worst

go be drunk somewhere else then

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Michio Kaku on December 13, 2011, 07:08:59 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

You're right.

It's also worth noting that Sony didn't even sell half as many PSP's as Nintendo did DS's. With all the poop they're pulling with the Vita how do they expect to even sell what the PSP did?
Well, 3DS is likely going to sell much less than DS did as well.

SS's downward spiral in Japan continues, while Miyamoto considers collaborating with Retro on a Zelda. Interesting...