News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

I still say Clock Town is the best "town" in any Zelda game, as the game revolves around the quests you do with the information you get, or interact with the townsfolk. I wish they would do more of things like that rather than just dull NPC talk. "Hey, Link, you know how to Z-target right!?"  Guh....

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on December 21, 2011, 09:22:47 PM
I still say Clock Town is the best "town" in any Zelda game, as the game revolves around the quests you do with the information you get, or interact with the townsfolk. I wish they would do more of things like that rather than just dull NPC talk. "Hey, Link, you know how to Z-target right!?"  Guh....
I like how there are always people running around from one place to another (at a precise time in the day)

And that actually has some significance within the sidequests and stuff of the game.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

dawnwolfNxhoj

Considering WHEN the game takes place in the Zelda Timeline, maybe that's the main reason there're not so many towns in Skyward Sword. 

zephilicious

you cant use story elements to explain away bad design
~~ <3

Flying Chickens

Quote from: zephilicious on December 27, 2011, 09:12:01 PM
you cant use story elements to explain away bad design
No, really, it makes sense.

Neerb

Just beat the game; dat final boss...

Loved the game, but it felt SO LONG due to all the stuff you do outside of the dungeons... I don't think I'll go through Hero mode just yet. I do want to help Batreaux, though, so I may keep playing on my file and eventually start Hero mode on a copied file.

Doodle

Quote from: Ho Ho Hover Poultry on December 27, 2011, 11:06:37 PM
No, really, it makes sense.
His point still stands, though.
That's like the game only allowing you to move in four directions because a sorcerer cursed you or some poop
YEAH

The Riddler

got a wii for christmas so i started replaying it on my wii
means i have to start a new game
jesus intercourse  the whole skyloft section before faron woods takes forever.

The Riddler

>mfw i'm bug catching in skyward sword and a cricket starts hopping around my room. why the intercourse  is there a cricket in my room?

Nayrman

So much fetch questing, so much dowsing crap. Damn it, I just want to get to the next dungeon, why do I HAVE to spend 3 hours doing pointless fetch quests to do so? X_X;; (is done with Lanayru mining facility and STILL not in the next temple. Oh, and intercourse  the "tests of courage" bullpoop that's just the light bug crap from TP)

Neerb

I don't know; I enjoyed the silent realm WAY more than the light tear quests in Twilight Princess.

Also, I was willing to accept most of the "prove your worth AGAIN" stuff once the story got moving again; the only thing that really ticked me off was [spoiler]the Water Dragon blatantly doubting the fact that I've already proved myself before even though EVERY OTHER CHARACTER has already finally accepted it.[/spoiler] Then again, I suppose it at least adds some character to her, and it's not like I didn't enjoy the change of scenery on that mission.

Doodle

Quote from: Nayrman on December 29, 2011, 09:24:04 AM
So much fetch questing, so much dowsing crap. Damn it, I just want to get to the next dungeon, why do I HAVE to spend 3 hours doing pointless fetch quests to do so? X_X;; (is done with Lanayru mining facility and STILL not in the next temple. Oh, and intercourse  the "tests of courage" bullpoop that's just the light bug crap from TP)
The Silent Realms were way better than bug collecting in TP.
dat atmosphere
dat music when you're about to get raped
YEAH

The Riddler

bug catching in SS sucks
bird catching sucks even more

jesus i hate this intercourse ing net

Nayrman

Quote from: Doodle on December 29, 2011, 01:16:33 PM
The Silent Realms were way better than bug collecting in TP.
dat atmosphere
dat music when you're about to get raped

Still an utterly pointless fetch quest that requires you run around an overworld collecting things.

All I want is some dungeon crawling fun but the series just doesn't want me to anymore. X_X:;

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on December 29, 2011, 02:33:18 PM
Still an utterly pointless fetch quest that requires you run around an overworld collecting things.

All I want is some dungeon crawling fun but the series just doesn't want me to anymore. X_X:;

Skyward Sword has as many dungeons as The Wind Waker; it just doesn't seem like it because for once you're actually doing stuff (a TON of stuff) outside of the dungeons as well, which is kinda awesome imo. Heck, that's the thing I love about Skyward Sword: you actually DO SOMETHING in the overworld. I don't want a boring hub with a bunch of dungeons attached, I want to feel like I'm actually going somewhere, and the action-filled forest, volcano, and desert did just that. Granted, sometimes it feels a bit overwhelming compared to the fields and towns of Twilight Princess or even Ocarina of Time, but I'd hardly say I miss going straight from dungeon to dungeon.