News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on January 02, 2012, 02:57:53 PM
i have not once spoken out against motion controls in general, and have mentioned several games that did motion controls well. this is not one of them.

in this particular case the biggest issue is consistency. why should i have to switch between using an analog stick to move on the ground and motion controls to move elsewhere? this is senseless and serves only to show off the developer's lackluster achievements.

I don't get it. If the controls work, what does it matter if you have to switch? That seems like a really silly complaint. Seriously, have you played Nintendo games with swimming any flying? Go play Mario 64 and tell me if you still think the analog stick is better for them. And no, they haven't improved much since SM64. Swimming in TP is unbearable.

zephilicious

i also didnt say its been done better, only that it could be done better and that the motion controls dont do anything a control stick couldnt
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on January 02, 2012, 05:17:52 PM
i also didnt say its been done better, only that it could be done better and that the motion controls dont do anything a control stick couldnt

Meh. Seems minor to me, but to each his own.

Doodle

The flying is actually a lot more comfortable if you hold the remote as if you're holding reins
YEAH

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on January 02, 2012, 05:30:48 PM
The flying is actually a lot more comfortable if you hold the remote as if you're holding reins
Yeah, I hold reins all the time so it's a natural feeling.

Quote from: zephilicious on January 02, 2012, 02:57:53 PM
i have not once spoken out against motion controls in general, and have mentioned several games that did motion controls well. this is not one of them.

in this particular case the biggest issue is consistency. why should i have to switch between using an analog stick to move on the ground and motion controls to move elsewhere? this is senseless and serves only to show off the developer's lackluster achievements.
OH NO, I ACTUALLY HAVE TO MOVE MY WRIST. THIS DEVELOPER IS A FAILURE.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

I find the flying incredibly stiff. The flapping mechanic is stupid (pointless waggle that adds nothing), and the bird just doesn't move right when you're trying to turn. Swimming is better.

zephilicious

Quote from: Pennington on January 02, 2012, 07:04:27 PM
Yeah, I hold reins all the time so it's a natural feeling.
OH NO, I ACTUALLY HAVE TO MOVE MY WRIST. THIS DEVELOPER IS A FAILURE.
you missed the part where consistency
~~ <3

The Riddler

The Riddler

DededeCloneChris

But Ancient Cistern's boss was amazing.

zephilicious

this game is so cool it has one notable boss fight
~~ <3

Super

Neerb

Skyward Sword has spoiled me. Playing OoT 3D is agonizing without a sprint button or the ability to leap up vines.

The Riddler

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on January 03, 2012, 09:34:36 PM
But Ancient Cistern's boss was amazing.
I'll give you that, I just beat it.
But the temple itself was short and boring as hell.