News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

The dungeons all feel short due to the minor structure changes and the linearity.

The Riddler

>Get bow
>get back to Skyloft
>Immediately upgrade it all the way

man collecting treasure works out for me.

Hero_of_Darkness

I am poop at this game. Up to the second to last fight and getting my ass kicked. :(

The Riddler

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on January 08, 2012, 01:49:15 PM
I am poop at this game. Up to the second to last fight and getting my ass kicked. :(
I got my first game over in the volcano D:

Got it for Christmas, now I'm inside the Volcano and I've got to find a basin, or go retrieve it anyway.
...̅̅̅

Quote from: The Riddler on January 08, 2012, 12:11:13 PM
>Get bow
>get back to Skyloft
>Immediately upgrade it all the way

man collecting treasure works out for me.
I've got to go get some tumbleweeds for that
...̅̅̅

The Riddler

tumbleweeds were no problem. I actually found a spot (not the spot on youtube) where there is like an infinite loop of them if you take 5 steps.

Kayo

Still haven't located where I can get tumbleweeds, but I assume they're nearby. Last I played I was just arriving in the desert area.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Tumbleweeds roll close to the entrance in the area with the rolling shrimps and the northern section with the mini-dungeon.

I can make them appear every time I make the camera quickly look away from the front. When the wind blows, a tumbleweed rolls away.

Kayo

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on January 16, 2012, 07:43:35 PM
Tumbleweeds roll close to the entrance in the area with the rolling shrimps and the northern section with the mini-dungeon.

I can make them appear every time I make the camera quickly look away from the front. When the wind blows, a tumbleweed rolls away.
Yeah, I'm not quite there yet, since I had to stop playing pretty much as soon as I found the first blue stone.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Doodle

I don't think I like the linearity of everything. It sort of works for the dungeons, but it takes out all of the exploration for everywhere else.
It worked for games like SMG and SM3DL, though.
YEAH

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Doodle on January 18, 2012, 08:35:12 AM
I don't think I like the linearity of everything. It sort of works for the dungeons, but it takes out all of the exploration for everywhere else.
It worked for games like SMG and SM3DL, though.
Playing Skyrim and Skyward Sword at the same time (well, alternating) has sort of made me not mind the linear nature of the game. On the one hand, I'm guided around, and on the other, I just kind of do poop.

Still a flaw with Skyward Sword though.

Zero

Linearity=/=Bad

This constant need gamers today have for "openness" is just flat out amusing.

j/s

Hero_of_Darkness

I think SS is the stepping stone for the next game, gameplay wise. Try out some new concepts now, refine them later. I'm sure technical limittions got in the way as well.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Michio Kaku on January 18, 2012, 09:05:54 AM
Linearity=/=Bad

This constant need gamers today have for "openness" is just flat out amusing.

j/s
It's not bad in terms of gaming. It's bad in terms of Zelda.