News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

As for Fi returning, [spoiler]no. She said herself that her consciousness would vanish once she went back into the sword[/spoiler].

JrDude

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on January 21, 2012, 09:32:35 PM
I'm going to guess that your missing one it the one that detects hearts.
That one is one you can get early in the game. It appears in the Right slot.
OXX
X  X
XXX

Required item you need to find. Is empty if nothing needs to be found.
Nothing, makes you go into first person mode with no dowsing.
Helps you find where Heart plants are.
Optional item in side quests, usually for (if not always for) Gratitude Crystals in the end.
Items like Amber Relics I assume. IDK, I never used it, but I unlocked it.
Goddess Cubes
Gratitude Crystals that are just lying around at night.
I don't know what the O is.
[move][/move]
Dude .

zephilicious

i believe one of them is bugs but i dont remember for sure
~~ <3

The Riddler

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on January 21, 2012, 09:35:01 PM
As for Fi returning,
i saw the first four words and stopped reading then deleted the rest without looking

watch your spoilers, cock

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: The Riddler on January 22, 2012, 03:46:34 AM
i saw the first four words and stopped reading then deleted the rest without looking

watch your spoilers, cock
Oh, my bad. I covered that with a tag.

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on January 20, 2012, 09:07:47 AM
I do think you're forgetting the part in OoT where you could potentially do the Forest, Fire, and Water temples in more or less any order you want, Nintendo just screwed up that non-linearity by having Sheik tell you to go to the forest temple first even though there really is no reason to go that one first.

True enough. I highly doubt that anyone on their first playthrough went out of "order" though.

Quote from: zephilicious on January 19, 2012, 12:54:55 AM
i think the biggest problem with the linearity is that the story does nothing to imply that its necessary. in ocarina, every single dungeon is prefaced by some urgant situation that only you can resolve. you're not there to collect the next medallion. thats just a nice bonus you get after saving an entire species form imminent extinction.

At first, you're chasing Zelda around. That's the goal. You need to make sure she's safe. Link is still unsure if he can trust the Shiekah. Not to mention, you know, he's completing the tablet. It's all part of his "destiny" that leads up to him [spoiler]forging the master sword[/spoiler]. You're really trying to tell me that [spoiler]forging the sacred blade of evil's bane is unimportant? What? k bro[/spoiler]

skyward sword tries to do the same thing by having you chase zelda around. but after the first time you see her you know shes not in any real danger. so why the intercourse  am i doing this dungeon now? only because the game doesnt give me any other options.

Uh no the game gives perfectly good reasons to do these dungeons. There is a lot of uncertainty but given that this is chronologically the first Zelda game, the "Legend" hasn't even been established, nor are their sages to guide you or any of that bullpoop. [spoiler]You're practically on your own outside of the Shiekah and Fi.[/spoiler]

But zelda has always been mostly linear even if it hid it better in the past. what's really missing is all the little things. the dozens of random caves, the collectibles worth collecting, the minigames that were fun rather than tedious timesinks, the sidequests that you feel good about accomplishing not because of the reward (which is probably worthless) but because you cared about the characters you were helping.

Most of those random caves had nothing of interest. Collectibles? Like what? The charms in WW? The Masks in MM are really the only items I'd consider "worth collecting". As for that last part, I agree in a way, but at the same time I gave a poop about the side quests in SS. I cared about the denizens of Skyloft. Most have a lot of charm. Zelda NPCs usually do.

skyward sword has the essentials. but its missing the little pieces that turn a good action/adventure into a intercourse ing awesome zelda.

To each his own.

and then poopty controls turn that good, could have been great, game into an average game at best.

I still don't have a problem with the controls, but not everyone can like them.

zephilicious

I did not phrase that first part very well. I didn't mean that the goals were unnecessary, only that the linearity is. there's no reason to forge the master sword in the order the game makes you aside from the fact that the game makes you do it in that order.

Ocarina, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess all give you reasons outside the collectibles to visit the dungeons in order.
~~ <3

Neerb

Am I the ONLY PERSON who knows that you can do the three Dragon missions in any order you want? That they don't even TELL YOU which to do first? That alone is more freedom than Twilight Princess had, and the fact that Ocarina of Time tells you where to go in a certain order means there's likely more people who played SS differently from each other than there are people who played OoT differently from each other.

zephilicious

those missions are small, dont involve dungeons, and by that point in the game just feel like filler. they're only slightly better than the triforce missions in wind waker.
~~ <3

DededeCloneChris

And those trigger some game-breaking glitch if you didn't check your save file with the special channel.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on January 22, 2012, 06:30:07 PM
I did not phrase that first part very well. I didn't mean that the goals were unnecessary, only that the linearity is. there's no reason to forge the master sword in the order the game makes you aside from the fact that the game makes you do it in that order.

Ocarina, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess all give you reasons outside the collectibles to visit the dungeons in order.
Wind Waker: Earth Temple and Wind Temple

Twilight Princess: They make you think that you can do Snowpeak Ruins, Temple of Time, and City in the Sky in any order, but then don't give a real reason for needing to do Snowpeak first. Then you're forced to go to the Temple of Time to bring back the most useless item in history (even though it's a cool item) to solve a plot device that leads to the second most useless item in history and go on to do the most tedious fetch quest in history.

I could even make a case for Dodongo's Cavern and Jabu-Jabu's belly.

zephilicious

so its not perfect. the first dungeon is the only one i felt motivated to do in order in skyward sword.
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on January 23, 2012, 12:41:02 AM
so its not perfect. the first dungeon is the only one i felt motivated to do in order in skyward sword.

Well, that's because you didn't understand what your goal was in the first place. It wasn't, "make sure Zelda is safe." It was, "find Zelda and bring her back to Skyloft." Plus, Link is in love with the girl, so obviously he's going to want to actually see her.

I think it's more likely that you just got bored of the game in general by that point, and you just didn't feel motivated to continue playing.

zephilicious

after the first dungeon it is quite clear that zelda has moved on to something bigger and has made no attempt to involve link in it. whether or not link is pathetic enough to follow her around anyway has no effect on my motivation.

find zelda because she's going to die if you don't is good motivation. find zelda because im a vagina-y and she ignored me the last time i saw her and i just have to see her again is not.
~~ <3

Zero

Regardless, he was supposed to follow her. He slowed Ghirahim down each time they met. Link needed the Goddess Harp too, and each time he caught up to Zelda, poop got too real for them to really get anything accomplished.

Christ