News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

I'll point out Nayrman dislikes motion controls for all games as a whole no matter how easy or hard they are.

Nayrman

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on February 21, 2012, 04:20:23 PM
I'll point out Nayrman dislikes motion controls for all games as a whole no matter how easy or hard they are.

I don't mind them as much in Mario Galaxy or No More Heroes, as they're not the main control method of the game. They're more for very minor things and use very simple motions (left/right swinging is most of their gimmicks), so they don't effect gameplay all that much. It's when they're way too much of the gameplay do I really hate them, as they always fall apart after enough use and start to show how ineffective they really are.

zephilicious

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 21, 2012, 03:16:38 PM
I didn't see anything about the sword.
the sword is the closest the controls come to working.

the biggest problem with the sword is the extent the game uses the gimmicky directional slash mechanic. its clever at first, but 40+ hours of having to stop and think which direction do i attack this enemy every single time gets old really intercourse ing fast.

it also works against the sense of progress because there's never a point where you can go back to an area and just rape your way through everything. you still have to stop and figure out which direction to attack every intercourse ing enemy. And as many times as you have to revisit areas you really should get a chance to experience that.
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on February 21, 2012, 05:55:15 PM
the sword is the closest the controls come to working.

the biggest problem with the sword is the extent the game uses the gimmicky directional slash mechanic. its clever at first, but 40+ hours of having to stop and think which direction do i attack this enemy every single time gets old really intercourse ing fast.

it also works against the sense of progress because there's never a point where you can go back to an area and just rape your way through everything. you still have to stop and figure out which direction to attack every intercourse ing enemy. And as many times as you have to revisit areas you really should get a chance to experience that.
I have no argument to make in response to this.

zephilicious

I'm going to ignore the obvious intent and accept that as a victory
~~ <3

Flying Chickens

Guys, I'm going to go ahead and say it. The only problem with this game was that I couldn't carry one of those adorable flying kittens with me everywhere I went. <3

Kayo

Alright, yeah there was a bit of an issue with the motion controls, but it's not something that can really be helped I don't think. For example, the game often took me moving my sword into a different position as slashing. It was especially frustrating to try and get around Ghirahim's hand when it took me moving the sword from link's left to his right to attack from that side as a horizontal slash. However to be quite honest I'm not sure that's the game's fault as much as me getting craftier with my arm motions than a simple instrument like a Wiimote could detect, unless it could read my mind and know exactly when I want to slash. I'm also talking out my left ass at 2 AM so I could care less how cohesive this paragraph was.

I also got fairly mad early in game about the horizontal Deku Babas, since when I did the most horizontal slash I could, the game took it as just barely diagonal and it didn't work. Of course that was just me not realizing that if I used Z-targeting, it was a lot more lenient on what exactly constituted as being a horizontal slash. Whoops.

I'd also like to point out that the most common favorite of the series (Majora's Mask) has the least amount of dungeons. A whopping four. Even Skyward Sword with its smaller dungeons had more than that. Yet Majora's Mask was still a great game. I don't honestly see why you're all making a huge deal about the precise number of dungeons when that wasn't the real problem here.

I'd also like to point out how intercourse ing impossible it is to make tight turns when flying or swimming. Yeah, I get that. However I'm sure it's just me thinking that the farther i move my Wiimote, the more it'll turn in-game, when it's really a matter of "turn it as much as you want, it's not gonna make it go any faster". I swear a had a good analogy for this that I can't seem to remember. But what I'm saying here is it's a natural human activity, to think that tilting the Wiimote more will get better results. So yeah, it's because we're all impatient humans and want our way as quickly as possible, not just the motion controls.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

nobody thats actually complaining about the game is complaining about the number of dungeons.

the fanboys are defending the game against made up attacks to pretend they're winning since they cant defend the real problems with the game.

and stop intercourse ing blaming yourself for the game's problems
~~ <3

The Riddler

I've never beaten a Zelda boss as fast as I beat Demise.

Demise was
Shield block, Shield block, Shield block, SLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASH

Shield block, Shield block, Shield block, SKYWARD STRIKE SLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASH FATAL BLOW

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on February 21, 2012, 07:33:08 PM
I'm going to ignore the obvious intent and accept that as a victory
The intent was that it came down to personal opinion. =3

Doodle

Quote from: The Riddler on February 22, 2012, 01:53:47 AM
I've never beaten a Zelda boss as fast as I beat Demise.

Demise was

Shield block, Shield block, Shield block, SKYWARD STRIKE SLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASH FATAL BLOW
Yep
I beat him and I didn't believe it was over because it was so short :U
YEAH

Hero_of_Darkness

NO WORD EXISTS TO EXPRESS THE GODLINESS OF THIS

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 16, 2012, 08:47:05 PM

NO WORD EXISTS TO EXPRESS THE GODLINESS OF THIS
Approved thread revival post.

Neerb

Eh, I've heard better Fresh Prince mixes.

The Riddler