News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

You know...

Started by X_Hero, October 11, 2007, 02:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X_Hero

I'm not really sure if they'd do this or not, but what if for the last character in Brawl, they held a contest where people could give designs for original characters that they created, and the four finalists would be able to use them in the beta version as a showdown to see who's character would get in the final version? :O It would probably explain why they delayed Brawl... :O

bluaki

Uh... no. They finalized the roster LONG ago...

X_Hero

Quote from: bluaki on October 11, 2007, 02:28:07 PM
Uh... no. They finalized the roster LONG ago...
Well, what makes you think that? They might have one spot still open, so who says it doesn't have a chance of happening?

Tsu

This is by far the most out there delay theory.

X_Hero

Quote from: Tsu on October 11, 2007, 02:32:21 PM
What? I was actually thinking about this for a while, not because of the delay... XD

Tsu

Quote from: X_Hero on October 11, 2007, 02:34:25 PM
What? I was actually thinking about this for a while, not because of the delay... XD

This game is for Nintendo characters, and major 3rd party characters. Not some amateur characters some Joe Bob made up.

X_Hero

Quote from: Tsu on October 11, 2007, 02:39:46 PM

This game is for Nintendo characters, and major 3rd party characters. Not some amateur characters some Joe Bob made up.
Well, they wouldn't just choose any four characters for the final four. They have to look and see which one probably took the longest to make, the creativity, and possibly other factors. I dunno, this was only some random idea that I had, so nobody go flaming me for it... >.>

bluaki

Quote from: X_Hero on October 11, 2007, 02:44:24 PM
Quote from: Tsu on October 11, 2007, 02:39:46 PM

Well, they wouldn't just choose any four characters for the final four. They have to look and see which one probably took the longest to make, the creativity, and possibly other factors. I dunno, this was only some random idea that I had, so nobody go flaming me for it... >.>
Uh... sure...
This topic might as well say "I want you to flame me" with its content.

People want familiar characters from their favorite games on Brawl, not some stupid random thing that a fan made. Of all games, Brawl is not one worth ruining with trying to add something like this to it.

X_Hero

Okay, look... First of all, if this were to happen, they wouldn't just pick "some stupid random thing that a fan made". They'd look for a character that could have an interesting background or story to it.

Second, this may actually do something good for Nintendo. If the character is liked enough, it could possibly result in a new game series or something along those lines. And with the new series would probably come an increased amount of sales for Nintendo, which is exactly what companies think about: Money.

There is a possibility... You just need to be a little more open-minded...

Trini

NO. Fan made for final character? That's asking for chaos.

LightShock

you would just want lucario to be made and put in brawl huh? :P

I think it's delayed, hopefully, for things such as creating a voice chat for online or co-op wifi. Or some other things that will make the game sell any better than it already would.

Puddin Masta

I find that stupid to be frank.  :P