News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

This update and its importance

Started by TheKoopaBros., October 16, 2007, 09:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKoopaBros.

Now as of last night's update regarding the homerun contest I've seen quite a few posts questioning the extra modes in this game mode saying "why should online be added to this?" and other such things.

I'm here to give a perspective to why it does matter and should, even if you don't use it very often.

Among the arena SSBM players this update will be great. People who in the past would spend days if not months perfecting their homerun contest scores (typically in the 4000+ ft. range) will now have an outlet to showcase their skills to the global online community.

This is why I think this update is important. The co-op also sounds like fun.

Its kind of strange before Brawl people wanted online play in every aspect of Nintendo's games, and now when Nintendo does this with Brawl and puts online play in an unexpected way, we complain. I find this ridiculous. I'm thrilled with this update.

I'm not trying to convince anyone, I just want to let people view this update from another perspective.

StarWindWizard7

As  I said in another thread, the home run contest feature is something
I have no real interest in.

It's just an extra little event that a person can do just to see how far they can
hit the dang bag. (and yes of course perfect their attacking skills).
Thats fine but.................

I give it a, "Meh" honestly.

the Online feature with Co op play and the Contests etc...
NOW THAT is a great idea. That has personally sparked my interest in the feature,
simply because I find it more "Fun" to play with others and try to win
then by yourself.

I also like the part where you can beat up the bean bag as much as you can inside
that shield cage.... Thats also really nifty.

TheKoopaBros.

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on October 16, 2007, 09:37:37 AM
As  I said in another thread, the home run contest feature is something
I have no real interest in.

It's just an extra little event that a person can do just to see how far they can
hit the dang bag. (and yes of course perfect their attacking skills).
Thats fine but.................

I give it a, "Meh" honestly.

the Online feature with Co op play and the Contests etc...
NOW THAT is a great idea. That has personally sparked my interest in the feature,
simply because I find it more "Fun" to play with others and try to win
then by yourself.

I also like the part where you can beat up the bean bag as much as you can inside
that shield cage.... Thats also really nifty.

As I said I wasn't trying to change your opinion on it, I just wanted to point out what I see as the main reason for implementing these new features in it, which is to satisfy the hardcore HRC players that love this feature.

I agree with you that the new features can be interesting even if you weren't originally that interested.

StarWindWizard7

Are there really hard core HRC fanatics out there?  :robotindifferent:

Hmmm, I'll bet there skills in fighting other people are really good.

They should have it where that sand bag bounces...around..well
no, thats why we have, "Training Mode" lol.

Ridley

You think there will be an unlockable for hitting it a certain distance?
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

TheKoopaBros.

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on October 16, 2007, 10:08:10 AM

Yes, there is. There were dozens of them on the old NSider site on the SSB board before all the Brawl news buried the SSBM discussions. I ran a scoreboard and the HRC section was typically busy; that and a scoreboard dedicated just to HRC also went up.

Yeah, but the problem with doing just training mode is if you don't vs. people often you may be good at performing advanced tactics, but you'll lack the experience of vs'ing other people and reading their movements. Fortunately wifi will help with that.

TheKoopaBros.

Quote from: Ridley on October 16, 2007, 10:57:27 AM
You think there will be an unlockable for hitting it a certain distance?

I hope so. I was driven to play that mode a lot in melee because of the bonus content that it added for accomplishments. :)

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: TheKoopaBros. on October 16, 2007, 11:42:45 AM

Yes, there is. There were dozens of them on the old NSider site on the SSB board before all the Brawl news buried the SSBM discussions. I ran a scoreboard and the HRC section was typically busy; that and a scoreboard dedicated just to HRC also went up.

Yeah, but the problem with doing just training mode is if you don't vs. people often you may be good at performing advanced tactics, but you'll lack the experience of vs'ing other people and reading their movements. Fortunately wifi will help with that.
Nothing makes a perfect better at the game then playing
against somebody on your same skill level or better!
It's going to be so sweet playing against people!

Hopefully my fear in Vs. Mode people online will be Gone  :robotindifferent:

TheKoopaBros.

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on October 16, 2007, 11:46:47 AM

Yeah, I know. One reason I wasn't as good as some other players is because although I knew how to do advanced tactics and play well, I got very little practice against good players. Wifi is going be great for me just for that. ^_^

Red

In meele homerun contest was meh. because it was boring, no co-op or vs it was just single player bland HRC. Now it looks a lot more fun! :D

TheKoopaBros.

Quote from: RedSox on October 16, 2007, 12:25:55 PM
In meele homerun contest was meh. because it was boring, no co-op or vs it was just single player bland HRC. Now it looks a lot more fun! :D

I can agree with that. I found it was fun competitng and improving but still somewhat bland in presentation and options, now it looks like it'll be really great with all the new functions. :)

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: TheKoopaBros. on October 16, 2007, 12:22:34 PM

Yeah, I know. One reason I wasn't as good as some other players is because although I knew how to do advanced tactics and play well, I got very little practice against good players. Wifi is going be great for me just for that. ^_^
Thats not My case, I'm just scared of playing people period, people I don't know, I get so nervous!

Thats why I HATE Tournaments.....

I will pass out, I just know if if I'll be in 1 more tournament...

*sighs*

I don't even like playing Mario Strikers Charged because of me being scared of it....  :(

Java

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on October 16, 2007, 12:33:28 PM
Quote from: TheKoopaBros. on October 16, 2007, 12:22:34 PM

Thats not My case, I'm just scared of playing people period, people I don't know, I get so nervous!

Thats why I HATE Tournaments.....

I will pass out, I just know if if I'll be in 1 more tournament...

*sighs*

I don't even like playing Mario Strikers Charged because of me being scared of it....  :(
The first time I played Strikers I was scared playing someone I didn't know. But then I imagined myself playing a very hard computer.

But now my Online isn't working.  :-\

I'm 0-7.
3 of those losses were from my connection disconnecting me...

Whatever...