News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Lucario in brawl

Started by thunderhero4, November 02, 2007, 10:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do u think of lucario in brawl?

He will pwn!
6 (28.6%)
eh, sure but i wouldnt use him
3 (14.3%)
No way man! lucario sux
4 (19%)
God, replace pichu, PLEASE!
7 (33.3%)
Lucario, who dat?
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Zanryu on November 03, 2007, 03:32:19 PM
Quote from: Avion-Finch on November 03, 2007, 02:18:58 PM
Quote from: Zanryu on November 03, 2007, 02:15:47 PM
Mewtwo: Big character.

Pikachu: Also a main character.

Jiggles: I don't get it, but she was a good asset. I complained about her, too.

Ike got in because he was the main character in a game. I admit, some of it is based on popularity, but not the whole of it. That's all Lucario has, because of the movie. The toys and whatnot are results of the movie. It doesn't frigging matter WHO had him as the team, the rank doesn't mean crap all. Significance for Lucario = God dividing by zero.

Significance for Ike = High.

Also, Marth has HUGE significance. In two games to date, started the series, could say three games due to the two stories in FE3, and he's in FE11 for the DS. Roy was an advertisement, so if he's back, cool. If not, we need a replacement. Ike takes that by having counter, and a copy of Roy's B move. Only difference is the animation. Fully charged is usually an OHKO, and you take 10% damage.

Lucas... I still don't know why he's in. You have NO idea how much I complained about him.
hmm, alot of those seem to be characters you dont like, well, you see, this shows something, ITS SAKURAIS DECISION NOT OURS, he wants Lucario in, he'll be in, he doesnt want him in, pokeball.
That's where you're wrong.

I'm a HUGE Fire Emblem fan and love everything about Ike, Marth and Roy. I'm sad that Roy will probably be leaving, glad Ike's in, and will be REALLY angry if Marth's out. Makes no sense, Falchion (Marth's sword) is still the FE Icon.

Pikachu I like, despite my deep hatred for Pokemon, same for Mewtwo. Jiggles I have no opinion on, and CAN'T have an opinion on Lucas. I've never played any of the Earthbound games.

I just REALLY don't like Lucario, but not because it's Pokemon. Because of all it's fans. He's just another Pokemon, he shouldn't have as many fans as he does. Frig, Eevee deserves more fans.
Actually I was refering to Lucas, but anyway, I see you plain just dont like Lucario, I get that.

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

GrimTuesday

Because you didn't give me the choice to say "he's okay but unlikely"

I said he should replace Pichu  :)

Proud owner of Flowen - www.flowengaming.inventforum.com

"I tracked you down with this, this is my timey-wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff" ~ The Doctor

Ridley

...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Triforce_Luigi

Lucario, at this point, is probably the most likely new Pokemon rep. Other sugestions, like Gardevoir and Blaziken, are extremely improbable. Lucario has importance in the anime, which with the Pokmon series, is really the closest you can get to significance, since most Pokemon are common. Three would not be enough to represent Pokemon in Brawl. It's second only to Mario. Someone said there should not be 7 Pokemon reps if there are only 3/4 reps for the other series. No one is suggesting that there should be that many.

Mario already has Mario, Bowser, and Peach confirmed, with others on the way. With the Zelda series, there are only a couple of characters who really have a chance:Zelda, Link, and Ganondorf. There might be more, like Wind Waker Link or Vaati, but realistically, Vaati is a minor recurring villain and WW Link has a semi-decent chance.

Lucario could be given a decent moveset consisting of the many moves it has in the game. It would be slightly faster than Mario with average weight. Lucario could have just as much chance to be in Brawl as Ridley or one of the other characters that you hope for so dearly. But in the end, it is up to one Masahiro Sakurai.

DededeCloneChris

I agree with you Triforce_Luigi.

Zanryu

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on November 03, 2007, 07:58:30 PM
Lucario, at this point, is probably the most likely new Pokemon rep. Other sugestions, like Gardevoir and Blaziken, are extremely improbable. Lucario has importance in the anime, which with the Pokmon series, is really the closest you can get to significance, since most Pokemon are common. Three would not be enough to represent Pokemon in Brawl. It's second only to Mario. Someone said there should not be 7 Pokemon reps if there are only 3/4 reps for the other series. No one is suggesting that there should be that many.

Mario already has Mario, Bowser, and Peach confirmed, with others on the way. With the Zelda series, there are only a couple of characters who really have a chance:Zelda, Link, and Ganondorf. There might be more, like Wind Waker Link or Vaati, but realistically, Vaati is a minor recurring villain and WW Link has a semi-decent chance.

Lucario could be given a decent moveset consisting of the many moves it has in the game. It would be slightly faster than Mario with average weight. Lucario could have just as much chance to be in Brawl as Ridley or one of the other characters that you hope for so dearly. But in the end, it is up to one Masahiro Sakurai.
Going by their logic, there'll be tons of Pokemon making it in. You don't have to say something, logic used can be pondered upon to bring up faults in it, making it faulty logic.

I honestly don't care who makes it in, as long as Lucario doesn't. He doesn't deserve the spot, and there's enough Pokemon. Just because it's a big seller doesn't mean that you have to add progressively crappier and crappier Pokemon to every Smash Bros game. The only reason it's such a hit is because the people with less than half a brain buy EVERY Pokemon game, when they're essentially the same darn game with insignificant differences, such as 10 Pokemon at the most, and maybe a minor alteration to gym leaders or something like that, or encounter zones. That's it. Clever ploy. If not for the other versions, the profits would drop horrendously.

Nils_13

Quote from: Zanryu on November 04, 2007, 12:02:06 AM
Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on November 03, 2007, 07:58:30 PM

Going by their logic, there'll be tons of Pokemon making it in. You don't have to say something, logic used can be pondered upon to bring up faults in it, making it faulty logic.

I honestly don't care who makes it in, as long as Lucario doesn't. He doesn't deserve the spot, and there's enough Pokemon. Just because it's a big seller doesn't mean that you have to add progressively crappier and crappier Pokemon to every Smash Bros game. The only reason it's such a hit is because the people with less than half a brain buy EVERY Pokemon game, when they're essentially the same dang game with insignificant differences, such as 10 Pokemon at the most, and maybe a minor alteration to gym leaders or something like that, or encounter zones. That's it. Clever ploy. If not for the other versions, the profits would drop horrendously.
You're falling out of logic and into opinion. -_-
And your second sentence in paragraph 1 tore a hole in your arguments as well.

Zanryu

For Christ's sake (sorry to anyone taking that the wrong way), just give it up. If it'll make you shut up...

Lucrappyoario was in a movie that kicked major ass! He better be in Brawl, or I'll be a sad panda. His moves will pwn too, he'll be totally bad ass! Lucario ftw!

Nils_13

Quote from: Zanryu on November 04, 2007, 12:21:25 AM
For Christ's sake (sorry to anyone taking that the wrong way), just give it up. If it'll make you shut up...

Lucrappyoario was in a movie that kicked major ass! He better be in Brawl, or I'll be a sad panda. His moves will pwn too, he'll be totally bad ass! Lucario ftw!

=3

Dei Enyt

Quote from: Nils_13 on November 04, 2007, 12:23:47 AM

=3
New to sarcasm, I see.

Zanryu

Quote from: Dei Enyt on November 04, 2007, 12:26:08 AM

=3
New to sarcasm, I see.
<3  ;)

Nils_13

Quote from: Dei Enyt on November 04, 2007, 12:26:08 AM

=3
New to sarcasm, I see.
Not quite.