News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Do you keep the pointer on-screen when playing any Wii game?

Started by bluaki, November 08, 2007, 03:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This doesn't count the games that you hold it sideways or something for. I mean like Twilight Princess, Galaxy, etc.

Yes, always
2 (18.2%)
Yes, most or some of the time
3 (27.3%)
Mostly no, but I often have the cursor stray onto the screen
3 (27.3%)
No, I only point at the screen when I'm supposed to
3 (27.3%)
I don't have a Wii (why are you even in this board?)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

bluaki

I was just watching videos of Super Mario Galaxy from IGN, and noticed how annoying it is that their people ALWAYS have the cursor on-screen and having it move around a ton.

When playing a Wii game where you hold the Wiimote normally, that has a cursor appear when pointing at the screen, and doesn't require the pointer very often, do you or do you not point at the screen when you don't need to?
Rephrasing the question: In the Wii Twilight Princess, how often did you see Navi on the screen?

7Deadly$ins

Yes, I do, always. Ano... I know it's a little strange, and sometimes gets in the way... and there isn't much need for it, since I have really good hand-eye cordination, but... I dunno. I kind of like the cusor, and it's pretty spiffy that it isn't like, a generic cursor, it's usually game-specific.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/BatenKaitos

The biggest Baten Kaitos forum in existence; join today~!

PhilliesPhan

http://oneclickwifi.net/
Awesome site!
Check it out, I'm PhilliesPhan on there also!

Sk8teland85

It depends of the game actually. If it is a game where I do not need to then I don't but if it is one that I need to then I do keep it on the screen.

bluaki

Quote from: PhilliesPhan on November 09, 2007, 02:51:33 PM
Most stupid question on the Wii-board of all time...
Why would it be stupid?
Some people seem to always keep the pointer unnecessarily on-screen while others keep the pointer out of the detected range.

Java

I tend to usually keep my cursor on-screen but not all the time.

When I first started to play Twilight Princess, I thought Navi was supposed to do something.  :D

Quote from: PhilliesPhan on November 09, 2007, 02:51:33 PM
Most stupid question on the Wii-board of all time...
Why do you always have to say some negative, stupid comment about every topic you read?

LinksEternal

I don't know how it's going to be with Galaxy when I get it, but on most of my Wii games that would somewhat require the pointing of a WiiMote, such as Twilight Princess, the fairy usually resides on a side of the screen, without me pointing it at the screen.

Although I beleive why you always see the cursor on screen in Galaxy is because of the frequent use you have to have of it.  There's always going to be those star shards around, and not to mention shaking the Wii is an attack in itself....