Apollo

Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 11:04:35 AM
Quote from: Apollo on January 26, 2008, 11:02:03 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 10:59:51 AM
Quote from: Apollo on January 26, 2008, 10:53:26 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 10:24:46 AM
Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 26, 2008, 10:22:39 AM
BOWSER JR WILL BE PLAYABLE!!!
He's THE most popular Mario newcomer; if he's not in, there probably aren't any Mario reps (except maybe Geno, but Bowser Jr. has WAY bigger chances than him)
In case you haven't noticed....near everyone but little kids hate Bowser Jr.
He's nothing compared to the real koopa kids and frankly Geno has a MUCH better move potential than Bowser Jr. does.
Besides, I bet more poeple want Geno over Bowser Jr.
that was the stupidest thing ive heard in a long time
bowser jrs chances are extremely high and geno is a piece of crap.
although even if that was bowser jr, which its not, then dont you think he wouldve had powers a little more suitable for him
Mario RPG was a better game than just about everything Bower Jr. has been in...save for possibly Galaxy.
bowser jr was in a ton of mario party games (doesnt mean much)
but he was also is super mario sunshine (best seller)
new super mario bros (best seller)
super mario galaxy (best seller)
plus more people like him
Can someone tell me what Mario game DOESN"T make the best seller list? Half of Sonic's scharacter's suck and his games still manage to sell well...
The only way we could tell which is more popular it to take a huge poll of tons of places. Although I really should go back on the Nsider forums archive and find FATMANONICE's petition he sent to Sakurai in favor of Geno about a year and a half ago. He had over 2000 signatures on it...so the demand is there for him (since tht was only from three or four internet forums at the time)
quite a few mario games dont make best sellers
the ones where nintendo really goes all out like the 3 games i mentioned are good examples though
im sure a lot of people would like to see geno, but most people would RATHER see Bowser Jr.

Nayrman

Quote from: Apollo on January 26, 2008, 11:07:22 AM

the ones where nintendo really goes all out like the 3 games i mentioned are good examples though
im sure a lot of people would like to see geno, but most people would RATHER see Bowser Jr.
You know what I meant by the besteller comment. Mario and PKMN are propbably the most easily marketable games in the universe...so if anything their "meh" games sell despite of their shortcomings (not saying those Mario games are BAD, but Sunshine wasn't that great, and NSMB was great, but not like the old Mario games were. Galaxy is the only one that comes close)

More people woudl rather see Bjr? I think you are basing that off of Geno's relative obscurity right now. If he was more well known outside of the gaming community, I'm sure he'd get more people wanting him. Also, please don't use that as a reason as to why Geno shouldn't be in. We got Pit in and he hadn't been in a game since 1991 on the GB that no one bought...

Apollo

Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 11:11:28 AM

You know what I meant by the besteller comment. Mario and PKMN are propbably the most easily marketable games in the universe...so if anything their "meh" games sell despite of their shortcomings (not saying those Mario games are BAD, but Sunshine wasn't that great, and NSMB was great, but not like the old Mario games were. Galaxy is the only one that comes close)

More people woudl rather see Bjr? I think you are basing that off of Geno's relative obscurity right now. If he was more well known outside of the gaming community, I'm sure he'd get more people wanting him. Also, please don't use that as a reason as to why Geno shouldn't be in. We got Pit in and he hadn't been in a game since 1991 on the GB that no one bought...
first of all
sunshine is probably my second favorite game ever, right behind ssbm
im sure geno might be more popular if there were more games with him in it, but there arent.
Bowser jr has become one of the biggest mario icons in recent years
he has a lot of potential moves and even has the potential to trnasform into shadow mario

Nayrman

Quote from: Apollo on January 26, 2008, 11:16:46 AM

first of all
im sure geno might be more popular if there were more games with him in it, but there arent.
he has a lot of potential moves and even has the potential to trnasform into shadow mario
The second fav game is mere opinion (if you look around most gaming sites and forums, Sunshine is generally seen as the "meh" Mario game few overly like). But again, both of those are opinion. One of the biggest icons....wouldn't that go to pretty much anyone in a Mario game....? I mean, all the characters are pretty easily recognizable. Heck, goomba is a bigger icon then since he's been in more games than Bjr.

PHOENIXBLAST

Quote from: Cornwad on January 26, 2008, 10:55:04 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 10:49:46 AM
Quote from: Cornwad on January 26, 2008, 10:48:38 AM
Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 26, 2008, 10:46:50 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 10:40:45 AM
Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 26, 2008, 10:38:00 AM
1.  I'm not a little kid.
2.  Bowser Jr. is much more popular than Geno.
3.  Bowser Jr. has been in many more games than Geno, hence his increased popularity.

However, I would like to see Bowser's first 8 children in another Mario game.  Maybe they could even have all nine children together!
Do you mean popularity or general "Well knowness". More people "know" of Pikachu....but does that make him te most "popular". See what I'm getting at?
So overall we can't tell either.
The only reason B Jr. has been in more games is because Nintendo for some reason thinks he should be in games. I mean seriosuly, they bring EVRYTHING back from Mario 3 and World in Galaxy from the airships to music to the spinning screws but they won't bring back the koopa kids?! C'mon that's just lame.
If "well knowness" can get Pikachu in, than it can get Bowser Jr. in.
Pikachu is the icon of Pokemon. Bowser Jr. isn't the icon of the Mario games.
Only due to the show...not the game itself. If anything it would be either Charizard or one of the Legendaries... X_X;;
Yeah, but Pikachu has been pretty much the star in the games ever since Yellow version...

Oh, and Tuppy, I was talkig about these ones

Those are just the Mario Party Koopa Kids.

Interesting, if they were to be in, I think they would probably be costume changes, and not 7 individual characters, or something like the Ice Climbers.

Apollo

Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 11:24:25 AM
Quote from: Apollo on January 26, 2008, 11:16:46 AM

first of all
The second fav game is mere opinion (if you look around most gaming sites and forums, Sunshine is generally seen as the "meh" Mario game few overly like). But again, both of those are opinion. One of the biggest icons....wouldn't that go to pretty much anyone in a Mario game....? I mean, all the characters are pretty easily recognizable. Heck, goomba is a bigger icon then since he's been in more games than Bjr.
funny you mention that cause customer reviews give it a 4.5 out of 5(nearly perfect) and reviews all say how good it is.
the point is bowser jr has proven himself because he has not been out as long as many game characters and his popularity spread fast.

Nayrman

Quote from: Apollo on January 26, 2008, 11:37:24 AM

funny you mention that cause customer reviews give it a 4.5 out of 5(nearly perfect) and reviews all say how good it is.
the point is bowser jr has proven himself because he has not been out as long as many game characters and his popularity spread fast.
What website and how many reviews?
And tell me, if he's so popular why doesn't he play more of a role than "ZOMG I KIDNAPPED ZE PRINCESS AGAIN!" junk. I mean, Bowser is busy creating a new galaxy to rule the universe, Wario is taking Mario castle in the one game he was the main villain, and so forth. BJr. does the same exact thing in every game...so I doubt he's "popular" as you put it, rather than Mario is having good games and people just sort of ignore him (hell, you only fight him once in galaxy, and that was on of the easiest boss fights I've ever played)

Apollo

Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 11:41:12 AM

And tell me, if he's so popular why doesn't he play more of a role than "ZOMG I KIDNAPPED ZE PRINCESS AGAIN!" junk. I mean, Bowser is busy creating a new galaxy to rule the universe, Wario is taking Mario castle in the one game he was the main villain, and so forth. BJr. does the same exact thing in every game...so I doubt he's "popular" as you put it, rather than Mario is having good games and people just sort of ignore him (hell, you only fight him once in galaxy, and that was on of the easiest boss fights I've ever played)
i remember fighting him about 3 times in Galaxy.
The reason he doesnt do much is because he is a mini-boss and he is also like 8 years old.
Last time i checked, there arent many 8 year olds creating their own galaxies or taking over the world. ;)

Nayrman

Quote from: Apollo on January 26, 2008, 11:45:19 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 11:41:12 AM

i remember fighting him about 3 times in Galaxy.
The reason he doesnt do much is because he is a mini-boss and he is also like 8 years old.
Last time i checked, there arent many 8 year olds creating their own galaxies or taking over the world. ;)
Two of those fights were King Caliente...not Bjr.
I remember the Koopa Kids helping Bowser take over the world in Mario 3 with their flying airship armada X_X;;
I just don't see the real reason to put him in as a playable character.

Playat

I've been wondering what makes Geno so popular and most wanted for brawl?

Tupin

Quote from: PLAYAT on January 26, 2008, 11:51:15 AM
People just like Super Mario RPG, I guess.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 26, 2008, 11:51:49 AM
Yea, Mario RPG was the first good RPG game I ever played. And Geno was the best character in the game (one of his moves does 9999 damage every time if you know how to use it...but only in non boss fights)

Playat

Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 11:53:12 AM
Yea, Mario RPG was the first good RPG game I ever played. And Geno was the best character in the game (one of his moves does 9999 damage every time if you know how to use it...but only in non boss fights)
Thats all? One move does massive damage?

Nayrman

Quote from: PLAYAT on January 26, 2008, 11:55:50 AM
Giving an example. He was still the best character in teh game and was the only character of any actual interest (Mario: save princess blah blah blah, etc.)

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 11:58:46 AM
Quote from: PLAYAT on January 26, 2008, 11:55:50 AM
Giving an example. He was still the best character in teh game and was the only character of any actual interest (Mario: save princess blah blah blah, etc.)

I really should try that game out...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.