News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Why people are disappointed with the roster, and why our "whining" is justified.

Started by Jono2, January 29, 2008, 02:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-3

Quote from: Jono2 on January 29, 2008, 03:06:02 PM
Quote from: X-3 on January 29, 2008, 02:59:30 PM
Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on January 29, 2008, 02:44:48 PM
Well intercourse  the haters, because I like Toon Link.

Damn straight.

You guys are pretty much saying you'd like a game with over 50 characters...but only a Classic Mode. Get over it, not all teh characters you wnat are going to be in.

I have nothing wrong with Toon Link, so long as he isn't a clone. :|

ROB is what I'm mad at.  there's no reason for ROB to be in the game.

I don't want 50+ characters.  I'm fine with 35 characters, so long as the characters in are good characters.  but that obviously didn't happen.  at the very least, one of them is a complete waste of space.

Toon Link has gotta be a clone of Link.  what else could he be?
Ganondorf is a C. Falcon clone.  again.
Ness is a Lucas Clone.
Falco's FS matches Fox's, and looks to be shaping up to be another clone.  If Wolf is in the game, he can't be anything but a clone.
Ganon's FS matches Bowsers, except a different character.
Jiggs' FS is potentially just huge Jiggs.
Luigi & Mario, obviously.
Lucario looks like a vamped up mewtwo.

like, they could be more original, but nintendo saw how much hype it was getting, so they decided to just spend less time and effort on it and just give us a roster of intercourse ing clones, while they can continue to rake in money with their stupid-ass intercourse ing system.

I'm getting a 360 regardless, but this game might just make me get it sooner. :|

Do you HAVE the game? Have you played it and said, "Yeah, Ganondorf is a clone.". OH WAIT, YOU HAVEN'T. Half of your whining has no real evidence to it, so until actual info is given about the characters, I'd advise you to relax.

I'm not to sure about this, but isn't the jump from cartridge to mini-disc bigger then the jump from mini-disc to DVD-sized?

And what the hell is wrong with ROB, may I ask?

Jono2

ROB just goes to show that they can include poop characters and still rake in money.

it's called brawlcentral, and all of the other sites that have been leaking information.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Tupin

Quote from: Jono2 on January 29, 2008, 03:12:19 PM
ROB just goes to show that they can include poop characters and still rake in money.

it's called brawlcentral, and all of the other sites that have been leaking information.
I have a new punching bag.

Lol, watch ROB be the most powerful character.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

X-3

I've checked BC, and all I saw before it went down AGAIN is that Ganondorf doesn't have his sword. OMIGOSH HE MUST BE A CLONE LOL

Once again, what is wrong with ROB? I like the guy.

Nayrman

Quote from: X-3 on January 29, 2008, 03:14:03 PM
ROB just goes to show that they can include s*** characters and still rake in money.

I've checked BC, and all I saw before it went down AGAIN is that Ganondorf doesn't have his sword. OMIGOSH HE MUST BE A CLONE LOL

Once again, what is wrong with ROB? I like the guy.
ROB is a generic enemy in story mode...it's the same thing as putting in an octorok or goomba...a complete waste of a space

Jono2

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 29, 2008, 03:13:35 PM

I wouldn't doubt it.

he'll either be hideously broken or completely worthless.

ROB isn't even a videogame character, with the exception of mario kart.  There are much more deserving representatives from series that need more reps, like Metroid, F-Zero, heck, Pokemon, Mario (yes, paper mario is far more deserving) Warioware, Yoshi, Starfox.  What about Custom Robo?  Ray 01?  another third party?  what about Tails?  what about Lloyd Irving? Bomberman?  there are far more suitable reps than ROB.

The question is, why would you put ROB in the game over other more deserving characters?  Because they were lazy.  Maybe Ridley was too big.  maybe Black Shadow wasn't main enough.  maybe they didn't want to put in the paper mario physics, get the third party reps?

ROB is filler.  that's why it's undeserving.

Ganon will probably be a clone because what else could he be with just melee attacks?

Tupin

Quote from: Jono2 on January 29, 2008, 03:17:14 PM

I wouldn't doubt it.

ROB isn't even a videogame character, with the exception of mario kart.  There are much more deserving representatives from series that need more reps, like Metroid, F-Zero, heck, Pokemon, Mario (yes, paper mario is far more deserving) Warioware, Yoshi, Starfox.  What about Custom Robo?  Ray 01?  another third party?  what about Tails?  what about Lloyd Irving? Bomberman?  there are far more suitable reps than ROB.

The question is, why would you put ROB in the game over other more deserving characters?  Because they were lazy.  Maybe Ridley was too big.  maybe Black Shadow wasn't main enough.  maybe they didn't want to put in the paper mario physics, get the third party reps?

This game has been in development for years.

There is no reason for filler like ROB.

So many other franchises need another rep.

X-3

I wouldn't doubt it.

Ganon will probably be a clone because what else could he be with just melee attacks?

Ganondorf has magic, you know. 

Are you suddenly the guy who decides who is deserving and who isn't? Because you're acting like you are.

Half of the guys you listed don't seem very deserving to me. Tails? Paper Mario? Lloyd? How the hell are they deserving at all?

Besides, there's nothing to add for a Yoshi series. Hell, Yoshi should just be morphed with the other Mario characters.

Nayrman

Quote from: X-3 on January 29, 2008, 03:23:02 PM
ROB just goes to show that they can include s*** characters and still rake in money.

I wouldn't doubt it.

Are you suddenly the guy who decides who is deserving and who isn't? Because you're acting like you are.

Half of the guys you listed don't seem very deserving to me. Tails? Paper Mario? Lloyd? How the hell are they deserving at all?

Besides, there's nothing to add for a Yoshi series. Hell, Yoshi should just be morphed with the other Mario characters.
Well, hell of a lot more characters are more deserving than Rob is. Rob is a fialed peripheral that is only remembered for hwo utterly bad it was. Seriously, Ray 01, Geno, Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia, Isaac from Golden Sun, heck even TINGLE is a better idea than Rob is X_X;;

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Nayrman on January 29, 2008, 02:48:38 PM
Completely agreed!
I officially hate ROB now...
all I can say is that this BETTER not be the FINAL roster...
They spend all this time on the game and a nine character increase? That's it? Seriously I think they spent WAY too much time on the collectable junk.
more then nine, remember we have like 12 newcomers, plus the 3 new ones, thats 15,

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on January 29, 2008, 03:25:58 PM

I wouldn't doubt it.

Well, hell of a lot more characters are more deserving than Rob is. Rob is a fialed peripheral that is only remembered for hwo utterly bad it was. Seriously, Ray 01, Geno, Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia, Isaac from Golden Sun, heck even TINGLE is a better idea than Rob is X_X;;
Not to mention, Rob is in the lowest tier.

Nayrman

Quote from: Avion-Finch on January 29, 2008, 03:27:17 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 29, 2008, 02:48:38 PM
Completely agreed!
I officially hate ROB now...
all I can say is that this BETTER not be the FINAL roster...
They spend all this time on the game and a nine character increase? That's it? Seriously I think they spent WAY too much time on the collectable junk.
more then nine, remember we have like 12 newcomers, plus the 3 new ones, thats 15,
Forgot about the taken out guys, but still that's no where near the increase Melee had, not to mention ONE of them is a complete waste of space

X-3

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 29, 2008, 03:27:21 PM

I wouldn't doubt it.

The game has been "out" for almost a day, and you're trusting a list as the most official source...?

ROB deserves it, being part of Nintendo's history. I'm not too pleased with him being in either, but he certainly deserves it more then Lloyd or Tingle. Ray 01 kinda does deserve it, and Geno isn't ever going to happen...

Jono2

I'm not saying they're deserving.  They're more deserving than a character that shouldn't be in-game, that was a crappy toy, that was just a moneymaker for nintendo. :|

ROB is a blight on Nintendo's history, not a shining star.  it shows their first way of scamming people out of their money by using gimmicks to sell a game.  why people look back on ROB as a good thing, I don't know.  just because it made the company succeed overseas, doesn't mean it was a good thing in the first place.

ToS2:KoR is coming out within the year.  Lloyd would be a good advertisement.
Tails would be a partner to Sonic, and since there are no more third party companies, he would fit if there were to be another third party character.
Paper Mario means another mario clone.  a mario clone is more deserving than a link clone, because mario has had an outstanding game, really, more than five, within the last 10 years (TP wasn't a fantastic game no matter how much you want it to have been.  Galaxy was.).

Ridley is more deserving because:
1. metroid should have another rep as the 5th most profitable nintendo franchise
2. ZSS doesn't count as a new rep, as she's a shiek version of samus
3. Dark Samus has Samus in the name.
4. Ridley is the most recurring character aside from samus in the series.

Yoshi has his own series, more games in it than Wario does his.  if Yoshi should be morphed into the mario series, Wario should too.

Now, your turn.  tell me why ROB is deserving.  tell me why he isn't a blight.

Ganondorf has magic, and he had magic variations of Falcon's moves in the previous game.  yeah, he was a clone, but he was different enough to be his own character, unlike fox/falco or link/Ylink.  That remains to be so.

Nayrman

Quote from: X-3 on January 29, 2008, 03:30:59 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 29, 2008, 03:27:21 PM

I wouldn't doubt it.

The game has been "out" for almost a day, and you're trusting a list as the most official source...?

ROB deserves it, being part of Nintendo's history. I'm not too pleased with him being in either, but he certainly deserves it more then Lloyd or Tingle. Ray 01 kinda does deserve it, and Geno isn't ever going to happen...
At least Tingle has his own game! ROB is a piece of crap developed to be a gimimck to sell horrible NES games. I seriously don't know why people continue to remember him fondly...ROB was a piece of junk at my friends house too big to be a paper weight X_X