News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Your five longest songs.

Started by Chloroform?, June 30, 2008, 05:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chloroform?

Well, that "Longest/Shortest album" made me feel like doing this, because I think this is a bit easier to do and is totally cooler.

My five longest songs ARE!!:

1. Section 10 (A Long Day) by The Polyphonic Spree at 36:30. This doesn't count to me, as it's just vocal soundscapes with no melody or anything else. Therefore, I will do 6.

2. A Place in the Queue by The Tangent at 25:15. This is a pretty awesome song that I should listen to more. It's got this warped saxophone solo in it and is just overall great.

3. Atom Heart Mother Suite by Pink Floyd at 23:44. I don't listen to this song too much. I don't dislike it, but I get the feeling that I'd enjoy it more if I were really really high.

4. Echoes by Pink Floyd at 23:32. This song is pretty cool, but I think it'd be better if it were shorter cause it drags a bit.

5. The Gates of Delirium by Yes at 21:54. This song is awesome. Yes is my favorite band and while this isn't my favorite song of theirs, it's got some kickass guitar work by Steve Howe, a touching ballady part at the end, and even old fashioned canon and gunfire sound effects. Sweet track.

6. Ritual / Nous Sommes Du Soleil by Yes at 21:33. This is another great song, and ends a massive album with four songs that would make up a top 10 long song list if I kept going. Its second title means "We are of the sun" if anyone cares.

If I were to keep going, you'd see some more Yes songs, another Tangent song, and a song by Glass Hammer. Your turn.

Zovistograt

1. "Surgical Sound Specimens in the Museum of Skin" by Fant?mas @ 74:17.  Absolutely AMAZING.

2. "700 Hobo Names" by John Hodgman and Jonathan Coulton @ 53:46 or something like that.  It's Hodgman reciting his list of 700 hobo names while JoCo plays a looping version of "Big Rock Candy Mountain" in the background on acoustic guitar.

3. "Cassandra Geminni" by The Mars Volta @ 32:32.  Technically the song was originally split into 8 parts, but...this is the official one-track release.

4. "Tetragrammaton" by The Mars Volta @ 16:41.  Great song.

5. "Nico Nico Douga Kumikyoku (Piano BGM Ver.)" by unknown @ 14:58.  Beautiful piano version of one of the best medleys ever, at a bit of a slower pace thus adding about 4 and a half more minutes on the end.

I think I might've forgotten a few in between 4 and 5.  Bah.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

major tom

1) 25:25 Live Dazed and Confused medley; Led Zeppelin. Pretty awesome, but I'd rather have it be just Dazed and Confused rather than an extended medley.
2) 23:29 Echoes; Pink Floyd. The whale noises part is intercourse ed up; but otherwise this song kicks ass.
3) 23:07 Live Whole Lotta Love medley; yet another Zepp medley from How The West Was Won.
4) 20:34 2112; Rush. Epicest song ever?
5) 17:08 Dogs; Pink Floyd. Haven't listened to the Animals album in forever, but this song's great.

Jono2

uhh...

well, first is the HH radio station that I for some reason have on Itunes.  that's technically both my longest and shortest song (as you can listen to it for any amount of time you want)

so that doesn't count.

then there's a mix from a guy on Gfaqs, which comprises of a whole bunch of songs, and to which I have not listened all of.

doesn't count either.

neither does all of Alive 1997.

or BBC's Two Unreleased DJ sets of The Chemical Brother's Preformance from DAT.

Trapped in the Drive Thru isn't synced to my ipod, so I won't count that.

Now, to the real music.  I'm not including one song that I never listen to.  in fact, I just deleted it.

Top 5 (in ascending order)

5th longest:  The Private Psychidelic Reel by The Chemical Brothers, clocking in at 9 minutes, 21 seconds.

4th longest:  Human / Together / One More Time / Music Sounds Better With You / Stardust (Instrumental) - The Encore song from Daft Punk's Alive 2007.  9 minutes, 59 seconds.

3rd longest:  Too Long - Daft Punk -10 minutes.

2nd longest:  Prime Time Of Your Life / Brainwasher / Rollin' And Scratchin' / Alive from Daft Punk's Alive 2007.  10 minutes, 22 seconds.

and my longest song is:

The final song from The Chemical Brothers' Live Preformance in Sydney, Australia, Exit Planet Dust.  At 10 minutes, 42 seconds, it's my longest actual song that's synced to my ipod, and it's a fitting end to a great Live set (which the CBs do incredibly well, I hear).

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Kilroy

1. Katamari on the Funk (Katamari Damacy OST olol) at 10:22
2. Green Grass and High Tides ~ The Outlaws at 9:47
3. Freebird ~ Lynard Skynyrd at 9:11
4. Roundabout ~ Yes/Won't Get Fooled Again ~ The Who, both at 8:36
5. Ricco Harbor (SSBB OST) at 7:49

Now, out of the songs that I actually listen to...

1. Green Grass and High Tides ~ The Outlaws at 9:47
2. Freebird ~ Lynard Skynyrd at 9:11
3. Roundabout ~ Yes/Won't Get Fooled Again ~ The Who, both at 8:36
4. Foreplay/Longtime ~ Boston at 7:48
5. Jessica ~ Allman Brothers at 7:41
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Cardinal

My long songs are so much short than everyone else's.

1. Metatron by The Mars Volta. (8:12)
2. Through the Fire and the Flames by Dragonforce. (7:22)
3. Goliath by The Mars Volta. (7:55)
4. You! Me! Dancing! by Los Campesinos!. (6:46)
5. Seven by Army of the Pharaohs. (6:14)

Zovistograt

Quote from: Cardinal on July 07, 2008, 01:54:52 PM
My long songs are so much short than everyone else's.

1. Metatron by The Mars Volta. (8:12)
2. Through the Fire and the Flames by Dragonforce. (7:22)
3. Goliath by The Mars Volta. (7:55)
4. You! Me! Dancing! by Los Campesinos!. (6:46)
5. Seven by Army of the Pharaohs. (6:14)
Both "Cavalettas" and "Soothsayer" are longer than "Metatron"...unless you don't have the entire Bedlam in Goliath album.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Cardinal

Quote from: Zovistograt on July 07, 2008, 05:12:34 PM
Both "Cavalettas" and "Soothsayer" are longer than "Metatron"...unless you don't have the entire Bedlam in Goliath album.

I do.
I only kept part of it in my library/iPod, though.

Riosan

I'm going to count live shows/sets, because I've got a lot of them.

1. Weird Al Yankovic Live @ Corpus Christi, Texas 06.07.2007 - 2:16:06 (Separate tracks, the total time).
2. Daft Punk Essential Mix 02.03.1997 - 1:57:36.
3. Keane Live DVD - 1:35:20.
4. Daft Punk Live @ Vegoose 10.27.2007 - 1:31:56.
5. Daft Punk Live in Brooklyn, NY 08.09.2007 - 1:24:16.

Also worth mentioning are DP's Coachella performance at 1:18:13, and their 1997 Montpellier performance clocking in at 53:57.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Dill

I had an idea very similar to this a few days ago. And by similar, I mean the very same idea. So when I saw the title, I knew it had to be by you.

1. En Attendant Cousteau (Jean Michel Jarre) - 46:53
2. Tubular Bells (Mike Oldfield) - 25:37
3. Atom Heart Mother Suite (Pink Floyd) - 23:44
4. Mmm Skyscraper I Love You (Underworld) - 13:15
5. Ethnicolor I (Jean Michel Jarre) - 11:42

Roy, stop cheating. Just because you don't have good taste in music doesn't mean live sets magically become one, continuous song.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Riosan on July 10, 2008, 06:03:10 AM

1. Weird Al Yankovic Live @ Corpus Christi, Texas 06.07.2007 - 2:16:06 (Separate tracks, the total time).

Also worth mentioning are DP's Coachella performance at 1:18:13, and their 1997 Montpellier performance clocking in at 53:57.
fyi, none of those constitute as songs.  Those are mixes.

Moriarty

Quote from: Riosan on July 10, 2008, 06:03:10 AM

As Dill and Zov said, those aren't intercourse ing songs you idiot. Those are live tapes/albums/mixes. I bet I have 5 times more live shows than you have but I don't count the entire show as a song you dimwit. Go to this thread if you want to do that:

http://forums.projectfcd.com/index.php?topic=25981.0

You won't even be near Co-Z or I though.

I'm not near my computer right now and am too lazy to look mine up; maybe I'll edit them in later. I know my longest song is 32 min though.
QuoteWhere'd Annyong get that juice box?

Chloroform?

Quote from: Dill on July 10, 2008, 06:41:53 AM
I had an idea very similar to this a few days ago. And by similar, I mean the very same idea. So when I saw the title, I knew it had to be by you.

1. En Attendant Cousteau (Jean Michel Jarre) - 46:53
2. Tubular Bells (Mike Oldfield) - 25:37
3. Atom Heart Mother Suite (Pink Floyd) - 23:44
4. Mmm Skyscraper I Love You (Underworld) - 13:15
5. Ethnicolor I (Jean Michel Jarre) - 11:42

Roy, stop cheating. Just because you don't have good taste in music doesn't mean live sets magically become one, continuous song.

Shouldn't Echoes be on there? I know you have that. :P

And yeah, live shows aren't one whole song. Come on. A song from that live show counts though.

Riosan

Quote from: Zovistograt on July 10, 2008, 04:13:02 PM

Quote from: Moriarty on July 10, 2008, 05:30:26 PM
As Dill and Zov said, those aren't f***ing songs you idiot. Those are live tapes/albums/mixes. I bet I have 5 times more live shows than you have but I don't count the entire show as a song you dimwit.

I'm too lazy to look for actual songs.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Dill

Quote from: Riosan on July 11, 2008, 04:37:33 AM
Quote from: Zovistograt on July 10, 2008, 04:13:02 PM

Quote from: Moriarty on July 10, 2008, 05:30:26 PM
As Dill and Zov said, those aren't f***ing songs you idiot. Those are live tapes/albums/mixes. I bet I have 5 times more live shows than you have but I don't count the entire show as a song you dimwit.

I'm too lazy to look for actual songs.

If you're too lazy to make good, valid posts, then stay out of our threads because all you're doing is making them look bad.

QuoteShouldn't Echoes be on there? I know you have that. :P

I would have put it on there, but I don't listen to Echoes almost every single day. Atom Heart Mother and Ethnicolor I have over thirty plays, and I only put the albums in my library about a month ago. And I misunderstood what you were originally asking. I listed the five longest songs, in order of how much I enjoy them. I've got a lot of much longer songs that I absolutely hate.