Started by Gwen Khan, October 13, 2008, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

5. Animaniacs
4. Mythbusters
3. Kablaam!
2. Saturday Night Live
1. The Soup

The Soup is freaking awesome, it actually makes me glad that there are so many bad shows on TV.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

tibar21

Quote from: Nayrman on October 27, 2008, 02:43:34 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on October 27, 2008, 12:54:16 PM
Quote from: tibar21 on October 27, 2008, 11:30:48 AM
Naruto (I usually just watch Shippuden online with English suntitles though. It's so much better)
although I agree Naruto should never be considered even close to being in the league of GOOD anime, it still sadly is a crappy anime.

but why is it on that list then?  D:
It's not horrible, it just doesn't do anything origional X_X;;
it is original. sure it has some corny parts to it, but so do all other animes. naruto has such a great story line. Its so dramatic and it gets way better in shippuden. I think its better than any anime.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Nayrman

Quote from: tibar21 on October 28, 2008, 05:22:16 PM
Naruto (I usually just watch Shippuden online with English suntitles though. It's so much better)
although I agree Naruto should never be considered even close to being in the league of GOOD anime, it still sadly is a crappy anime.

it is original. sure it has some corny parts to it, but so do all other animes. naruto has such a great story line. Its so dramatic and it gets way better in shippuden. I think its better than any anime.
Dramatic? 0_0
For the same-y Shonen Jump storyline possibily, but jeez please watch FMA or Cowboy Bebop then compare X_X;;
I will give the animation credit though, the drawings are rather nice to look at...(why don't they do more animation like the Gaara/Lee or Naruto/Sasuke fight!? That was top-notch quality there!)

Zovistograt

* Zovistograt looks at you blankly with an expression of mixed disbelief and disgust

out of curiosity, what other anime BESIDES Naruto have you watched?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

tibar21

Quote from: Zovistograt on October 28, 2008, 06:47:18 PM

* Zovistograt looks at you blankly with an expression of mixed disbelief and disgust

pokemon, yu-gi-oh, Dothack, dragon ball, inuyasha, bleach, many more I don't remember the names of on adult swim, and trust me, I'd pick naruto over all those animes combined any day. Naruto broke so many stale anime traditions. It's usually not corny, at least not in shippuden, and there isn't always the happy ending, and plus the villians are actually good; Orochimaru sucks, but the akatsuki kick ass.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Zovistograt

Quote from: tibar21 on October 29, 2008, 03:37:17 PM

pokemon, yu-gi-oh, Dothack, dragon ball, inuyasha, bleach, many more I don't remember the names of on adult swim, and trust me, I'd pick naruto over all those animes combined any day. Naruto broke so many stale anime traditions. It's usually not corny, at least not in shippuden, and there isn't always the happy ending, and plus the villians are actually good; Orochimaru sucks, but the akatsuki kick ass.
Oh ok, that makes sense.

You've only watched the crappy adult swim anime.

Go watch GOOD subbed anime...The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Shakugan no Shana, etc.

You watch them on the Internet, btw.  They're not on TV.  The ones on TV usually suck except for a few exceptions.  And oh how that few is FEW.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

God, The Soup!'s humor makes anything seems funny.

I just watched the Sports Soup that's hosted by an entirely different guy, I don't even like sports, and it was absolutely hilarious.  =D

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Zovistograt on October 29, 2008, 05:25:26 PM

Oh ok, that makes sense.

Go watch GOOD subbed anime...The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Shakugan no Shana, etc.

You watch them on the Internet, btw.  They're not on TV.  The ones on TV usually suck except for a few exceptions.  And oh how that few is FEW.
you mean FMA and Cowboy Bebop and that's pretty much it?
Oh and please watch Ghost in the Shell...it's a trillion times better than anything Shonen Jump can produce these days X_X;;

Zovistograt

Quote from: Nayrman on October 29, 2008, 05:32:16 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on October 29, 2008, 05:25:26 PM

Oh ok, that makes sense.

you mean FMA and Cowboy Bebop and that's pretty much it?
Oh and please watch Ghost in the Shell...it's a trillion times better than anything Shonen Jump can produce these days X_X;;
and NGE (I don't care for mecha though so I dropped it...from what I saw, though, it was top-notch.  I just can't stand mecha for more than 3 episodes.  Mecha OVA's are nice though, like Voices from a Distant Star).

HTA!

Colbert Report/Daily Show
MythBusters
Dirty Jobs/Man vs. Wild
Cash Cab/ Jeopardy
Scrubs/ Stand Up Comedy Specials

I don't watch TV all that much... only at night while I'm going to bed.