News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

MK Banned? Now featuring: Arguements about competitive play.

Started by Playat, November 06, 2008, 08:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should MK be banned from tournies?

Yes
8 (22.9%)
NO
27 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

JrDude

Quote from: tibar21 on December 15, 2008, 08:08:21 AM
if everyone here is always going to only have one opinion and shun anyone who thinks differently than I'll just go to a forum that has a place for people who know there's more to this game than spamming and chaingrabing.
Please, please do.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Ridley

No player that truly calls himself good just spams all the time. Zen's Wolf doesn't spam yet it is godly although he does spam a bit with Falco.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Zero

Spamming is fine when used in moderation. That's the way I see it anyways.

Banning characters is just...lame though.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on December 15, 2008, 06:11:50 PM
Spamming is fine when used in moderation. That's the way I see it anyways.

Banning characters is just...lame though.

I agree, I think banning is lame as well, if it is there, then let it stay there.

StarWindWizard7

Hmm, maybe they are banning him to give everybody a Fair chance....
and not use a character (MK) that seems to have ever single advantage of the other roster.

Cause everybody who plays uses/will use MK because of his advantage.

It may be stupid what they are trying to do, but I Understand their logic behind it.

-_-

* I mean, it would be boring to see MK, vs MK, vs MK, vs MK over and over again...

Thats not really entertaining (to a point), I'd rather see other characters fight eachother.
I also think thats their point in banning MK.

tibar21

Quote from: JrDude on December 15, 2008, 05:08:18 PM
if everyone here is always going to only have one opinion and shun anyone who thinks differently than I'll just go to a forum that has a place for people who know there's more to this game than spamming and chaingrabing.
Please, please do.
ya know, just for the reason you said that i'll still go here. And really, what Dawei said about what I said was a bunch of bull that lacked logic. I'm not even going to argue with him anymore because he'll just give me more bull. no offense.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Mutilator7

Quote from: tibar21 on December 16, 2008, 01:18:37 PM
Please, please do.
ya know, just for the reason you said that i'll still go here. And really, what Cogs said about what I said was a bunch of bull that lacked logic. I'm not even going to argue with him anymore because he'll just give me more bull. no offense.

We still play to win, but i don't care if someone else thinks differently and would go easy on a 9 year old girl who has never played the game.

Dawei

Please, please do.
ya know, just for the reason you said that i'll still go here. And really, what Dawei said about what I said was a bunch of bull that lacked logic. I'm not even going to argue with him anymore because he'll just give me more bull. no offense.
No, come on. I respond to your mindless babble, it would be very disrespectful not to respond to what I write.

FruitFlow

Quote from: HTA on December 15, 2008, 04:41:11 PM
You know, I'm sure most pro's play more creatively than you guys do.
Hell, I probably do.

Priding yourself on being different from someone else is kind of an awkward statement. No one spams all the time, and I'm sure no one has ever not spammed. For Example:
With Diddy, I mildly spam and strategically use bananas to my advantage.
With Ness, I focus on the air and rarely use PK Fire, a commonly spammed move.

It depends on the situation, and if spamming a projectile or move will benefit you in the match, hell if ANY tactic witll benefit you, it doesn't make sense not to use them to the best of your ability.

~

And if pros caused the problem of MK's ban coming into question, at least they tried to do something about it.
(Then again... if this effects pros and not us anyway, whats the fuss?)
With the ban optional, it will still be necessary to either pick up MK or plot to defeat him.

Its not like people are going to stop playing because they have to fight MK every once in a while (well... more often than that D:)

Just look at NinjaLink and Azen.
They play pretty dang good with a variety of characters (NL focusing on Diddy, and Azen focusing on Lucario to the best of my knowledge)
So its not like MK has invaded every reach of smash play. Just chill out and realize there is no way you can judge how others play. D:
Same with me.
That's his golden key to victory.
Not his only one, but his main tactic.

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

Please, please do.
Excuses, I had no effect on why you're staying.
And arguing is fun, especially with idiots, don't take that away from Dawei.
[move][/move]
Dude .

tollhouse2006

Wow, tibar.  Just wow.  M2k is like my idol.  I hope to have my meta knight be like his some day.  that'd be effing sweet. 
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Dawei

Tollhouse, make your brother respond to me. I want more fun.

(also, if you have a video camera, record you two playing. I just want to see a demonstration of exactly "how the game should be played")

tollhouse2006

Quote from: Dawei on December 16, 2008, 06:32:20 PM
Tollhouse, make your brother respond to me. I want more fun.

(also, if you have a video camera, record you two playing. I just want to see a demonstration of exactly "how the game should be played")
I don't have a video camera soooo...  And also he's not around at the moment
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

JrDude

You should get one/borrow one. Or get a blank DVD and record like that.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Dawei

Well tell him to do it when he comes home. And try what JrDude said.