News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Nintendo DSi Still The System To Beat In Japan

Started by Silverhawk79, November 20, 2008, 09:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

QuoteIt was a down week for hardware sales in Japan, with the Wii the only platform to see an uptick in sales week-to-week. The recently launched Nintendo DSi still tops the charts and is in no danger of losing its position to any of its hardware competitors. It does about half of the total hardware sales for the week of November 10 to 16. PlayStation 3 sales stay solid amid a half-dozen new releases over the past month, including Way of the Samurai 3, Resistance 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV. Wonder how long the DS Lite will continue to chart...

• Nintendo DSi - 85,327
• PSP - 38,153
• Wii - 26,787
• PlayStation 3 - 17,448
• Xbox 360 - 7,983
• PlayStation 2 - 5,421
• Nintendo DS - 3,559
http://kotaku.com/5095278/nintendo-dsi-still-the-system-to-beat-in-japan

I can't say I'm surprised, really. The Japanese seem to really like conspicuous consumption, or maybe they just love Nintendo a lot. Either way, I'm surprised it's outselling the Wii.
Thoughts?

Macawmoses

That's incredible. I had in no way thought it would outsell the Wii, and I didn't think the PSP was that strong. As we were, the DSi looks to dominate, it deserves some credit at least.

WiiGuy

*jaw drops*

wow. thats a lot more of the pie chart then i thought it would get.

SkyMyl

Wow...I'm...this is the fifth time this week...I have nothing to say. Just...nothing to...

darkmario

I didnt know the psp was so popular in japan.

But on topic,I knew that the dsi would have a loot of sales,but its something else too be the top selling system

edit:Maby NOA will start selling the dsi after seeing these numbers.

DededeCloneChris

Doodle

YEAH

えっちーせんぱい

Holy poop that's a lot O_o

Hey the 360 outsold the ps2 :3

Qsmash

They seem to really like the portables...really really really like the portables.