News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Tastes Great...And it Works!

Started by Macawmoses, January 09, 2009, 10:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Buckleys; the brand that markets itself as terrible tasting....but effective.

Now, I get sick a lot. I tend to rely on two things; Buckleys and Tea. I use the stuff all the time, and am likely addicted to it. That's besides the point.

Frankly, I love the taste. I had some today to help get over my cold, and it's fantastic. Not only do I feel better, but I just love the stuff.

So, question time?

Do you like Buckleys?
Does it work?
Have you ever had it?
How often do you get sick?
How do you overcome it?

ThePowerOfOne

I've never even heard of it. And I get sick about once every year, usually lasts about a week.

Spud

I never tried Buckleys mainly because I'm never really sick. The last time I was sick was 3 years ago. I had no appetite, nausia all day, I couldn't lay down for long as I would not be able to breath so that made it hard to sleep, and I had slight dizzyness. Not much but I still went to the skiing field trip anyway although I stayed inside most of the time. Before that, I'd get sick about 1/year. Also, whenever I'm sick, it only lasts a day.

Tupin

Must be a Canadian thing, judging by the leaf.

I do whatever I can to avoid taking cough syrup when I get sick, that stuff is nasty, especially Robotussin.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 09, 2009, 10:42:37 PM

I do whatever I can to avoid taking cough syrup when I get sick, that stuff is nasty, especially Robotussin.
I pulled it from the Canadian site. It's in the US (I checked).

Tupin

Quote from: mackormoses on January 09, 2009, 10:45:28 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 09, 2009, 10:42:37 PM

I pulled it from the Canadian site. It's in the US (I checked).
I wouldn't know. I'm not a cough syrup historian.

Like I said, I try to stay away from cough syrup. It tastes awful and does nothing for me.

Oh, and Mack, check the Newsroom when you have the time.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

HTA!

I either get a stomach virus or the flu.

2 years in a row I contracted the flu on the same day.

Rius

Never had it, so wouldn't know if it worked. Besides, I rarely get sick anyway... last time I had the a slight cold was summer 2006, and the last time I was seriously sick (couldn't stand without throwing up) was 6 years ago. I just drink a lot of citrus juice, especially if I think I'm coming down with something.

Friendly Hostile

I don't take cough syrup, since it doesn't really combat the cold at all, and rarely subsides my coughing.

The Riddler

I don't ever really take any medicine. It may be a mental thing, but meds never seem to make me feel better. So I've given up on them and let nature do the work.

GreatGonzales106

Coincidentally, I just found out I have strep throat yesterday. I'm feeling a little better, [spoiler=Don't read with a weak stomach]but I threw up twice yesterday and before that I hadn't 7 years. It sucked. [/spoiler]

Doodle

I've never even heard of that before.
YEAH

Link3588

Never even heard of the brand before.  I don't get sick often but when I do, it hits hard.

TheDarkChief

I swear by Cold F/X MoM. If I know I'm about to get a cold and I take that thing, it might be gone by the next 2-3 days. It's pretty awesome.

*lurks*

Captain Justice

I'm sick right now actually. I just take nyquill because it makes me feel better and knocks me out at night.

Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?