News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics...

Started by Triforce_Luigi, April 11, 2009, 05:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforce_Luigi

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=7758

So, the first Mario and Sonic at the Olympics sucked... And now, a sequel is in production, using the Balance Board.

Any thoughts?

Nayrman

gonna pass thanks.
WILL YOU PLEASE MAKE A MARIO AND SONIC PLATFORMER FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY MAKE IT YOU CHEAP HACKS! X_X;; sorry, had to scream it. Franchises have NOT been going well lately unless your name is Fullmetal Alchemist.

Ridley

...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Macawmoses

Pretty sure it'll work well. The first one is passable, and now they have some experience. I'll be picking it up in hopes of seeing future crossover deals.

Doodle

I probably won't be getting it. But it must have did somewhat well for them to be making a sequel, so this will probably do good on the market, too.
YEAH

SkyMyl

Didn't bother with the first one. But, seeing as they now know what their past flaws were, maybe this one will be better.

Quote from: Nayrman on April 11, 2009, 05:47:50 PM
WILL YOU PLEASE MAKE A MARIO AND SONIC PLATFORMER FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY MAKE IT YOU CHEAP HACKS!
I'd rather Mario and Sonic not cross over at all. >_>

Macawmoses

The only way M+S can crossover is to do so in a non-Mario/Sonic way. They aren't like Crash/Spyro whom had a good basis to crossover with.

Nayrman

Quote from: Layton on April 14, 2009, 12:47:04 PM
The only way M+S can crossover is to do so in a non-Mario/Sonic way. They aren't like Crash/Spyro whom had a good basis to crossover with.
They could just design levels for Sonic in the Mushroom Kingdom and vice versa. No one ever said they had to share levels, but I want a cross over platformer.
It's like having Metroid and Halo meet in a game but having it be an RPG instead of a shooter X_X;;

Macawmoses

I'm saying it just can't work. We have set ways we perceive both series....doing a crossover as such would bastardize both, imo.

jnfs2014

I can just see Mario killing Chaos drones and Sonic beating the crap out of Goombas.

Anyways, I got the first one. Meh.

Macawmoses

Quote from: JNFS2014 on April 14, 2009, 06:49:30 PM
I can just see Mario killing Chaos drones and Sonic beating the crap out of Goombas.

I think the first will be way worse than this...or at least I hope. By now they should know what works, and what doesn't. Sega doesn't tend to churn out crap....well, they do, but maybe Nintendo cares about mario.

Nayrman

Quote from: Layton on April 16, 2009, 02:47:02 PM

I think the first will be way worse than this...or at least I hope. By now they should know what works, and what doesn't. Sega doesn't tend to churn out crap....well, they do, but maybe Nintendo cares about mario.
If they cared about Mario maybe they would make the sports franchises their own series instead of shoving Mario in them to make them more marketable.
This game is going to be worse, only because the balance board is involved, and let's be honest, it's probably going to be crap. If the guys who actually make skateboard and snowboard games for a living couldn't do it well, I doubt Nintendo and SEGA will X_X;;

And I'm STILL waiting for my platformer.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Nayrman on April 16, 2009, 04:01:17 PM

If they cared about Mario maybe they would make the sports franchises their own series instead of shoving Mario in them to make them more marketable.
This game is going to be worse, only because the balance board is involved, and let's be honest, it's probably going to be crap. If the guys who actually make skateboard and snowboard games for a living couldn't do it well, I doubt Nintendo and SEGA will X_X;;

So you want Mii Kart and Random Character Baseball? That sounds fun!

Nayrman

Quote from: Macbeth on April 18, 2009, 01:54:34 PM

Mario Kart can stay since it was the original spin-off, and is consistently good.
I'd rather have a new sports franchise instead of Nintendo being lazy by putting Mario in anything and everything (remember the end of the Cube's lifecycle? Mario in NBA street that was pathetic)

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on April 18, 2009, 02:50:49 PM
Quote from: Macbeth on April 18, 2009, 01:54:34 PM

Mario Kart can stay since it was the original spin-off, and is consistently good.
I'd rather have a new sports franchise instead of Nintendo being lazy by putting Mario in anything and everything (remember the end of the Cube's lifecycle? Mario in NBA street that was pathetic)
Or how about SSX: On Tour?