News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Need Japanese Eevee

Started by Nayrman, April 23, 2009, 02:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Anyone know if they have (or know someone that does) a Japanese Eevee? I want to try and get Shiny's via the Masuda method (since I don't have the patience or skills to chain, or the funds even for all those darn repels). I can trade my Shiny Pelipper.
I'll use GTS as needed, but you know how that can be sometimes...
Thanks,
Nayr

**Note: Masuda Method if you breed two pokemon, one being foreign game and one from your game, the odds of getting a shiny egg are 1 in 2000 instead of 1 in 8190 (or whatever number it is).

I think the rate is about 1 in 150 to 200 eggs or something compared to the rate of 1 in 1000 or so XD

jnfs2014

Or I could clone and give you a shiny Eevee.

Nayrman

Quote from: JNFS2014 on April 23, 2009, 02:11:32 PM
I want to make a team out of them (all evo's and a normal eevee). **In other words need 8 total**
If you could clone all of those I'd be MOST appreciative! Although you don't have to if you don't want to XD
**I'd have to trade you tomorrow, since my DS doesn't get internet here in my dorm, also, anything you want? I'll give ya the Shiny Pelipper obviously, but need/want anything in particular?**

jnfs2014

Quote from: Nayrman on April 23, 2009, 02:14:22 PM
I want to make a team out of them (all evo's and a normal eevee). **In other words need 8 total**
If you could clone all of those I'd be MOST appreciative! Although you don't have to if you don't want to XD
**I'd have to trade you tomorrow, since my DS doesn't get internet here in my dorm, also, anything you want? I'll give ya the Shiny Pelipper obviously, but need/want anything in particular?**
Idk. The one I got has a 30/27/5/3/31/31 IV set.

Nayrman

Quote from: JNFS2014 on April 23, 2009, 02:15:45 PM
That's fine by me, frankly the normal ones I have don't exactly have the best stats (the only overly good on is Espeon, only because it's Sp.At. and Sp.Def. are INSANE). BTW, what level is it?
Could you do that for me? (meaning clone 8 of them).
Again, whatever you're up to doing, that's fine by me.

jnfs2014

Quote from: Nayrman on April 23, 2009, 02:19:43 PM
That's fine by me, frankly the normal ones I have don't exactly have the best stats (the only overly good on is Espeon, only because it's Sp.At. and Sp.Def. are INSANE). BTW, what level is it?
Level 1, untouched. It's meant to be an Umbreon.

Nayrman

Quote from: JNFS2014 on April 23, 2009, 02:36:34 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on April 23, 2009, 02:19:43 PM
Level 1, untouched. It's meant to be an Umbreon.
level 1, sweet. Can raise it the way I want.
You said you could clone them right? *gives sparkly eyes of hopeful-ness* XD XD XD

JrDude

Now, that method you mentioned, do you have to use the same pokémon to breed them? or this EX: Breed the Eevee from your game and a foreign Ditto. Would the odds be the same as the method you mentioned?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on April 23, 2009, 04:36:24 PM
Now, that method you mentioned, do you have to use the same pokémon to breed them? or this EX: Breed the Eevee from your game and a foreign Ditto. Would the odds be the same as the method you mentioned?
As far as I've read, as long as long as it's foreign it should be fine. I'd have to read up a bit more on it, but essentially the Masuda Method is just bad coding via a loophole. I've seen videos of the practice on Youtube, as well as it being explained as an alternate to chaining (chaining is pretty guranteed if it works, but Matsuda method just gives a much higher base chance).

JrDude

Quote from: Nayrman on April 23, 2009, 07:52:36 PM
As far as I've read, as long as long as it's foreign it should be fine. I'd have to read up a bit more on it, but essentially the Masuda Method is just bad coding via a loophole. I've seen videos of the practice on Youtube, as well as it being explained as an alternate to chaining (chaining is pretty guranteed if it works, but Matsuda method just gives a much higher base chance).
Another question, is this only in Platinum? or is it in other games too?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on April 23, 2009, 07:53:42 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on April 23, 2009, 07:52:36 PM
Another question, is this only in Platinum? or is it in other games too?
I know it's in 4th gen, I'm not sure about the others.

jnfs2014

Nayr, we'll probably have to move Eevee over to Diamond in order to clone. Platinum sucks at cloning. :(

JrDude

Quote from: JNFS2014 on April 23, 2009, 08:28:13 PM
Nayr, we'll probably have to move Eevee over to Diamond in order to clone. Platinum sucks at cloning. :(
How do you clone with D/P/Pt? WHY HAVE I NEVER KNOWN?!
[move][/move]
Dude .

jnfs2014

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .