News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Valve takes down idling

Started by Tsumaru, September 02, 2009, 04:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsumaru

"Over the next few days we'll be removing all TF2 items that were earned using external idling applications. We're going to adopt a zero tolerance policy for external applications used to manipulate the persistent item system. Due to us not having a policy in place prior to today, this time we're only removing the items earned through cheating the system. Going forward, if we find users using external applications, we'll remove all of their items. If you're interested, only about 4.5% of the players in TF2's community will be affected by this cleansing process.

Meanwhile, everyone who took the moral high road will soon be finding a new hat in their inventory. We've also significantly increased the chance of finding any of the existing hats.

We realize there is a high level of demand for items, and we're still working on systems to allow you to find them in new ways (via Trading, and crafting duplicates into desired items). However, we need to draw the line at running external applications."

Yep, even though I never got a hat I guess I won't be getting the 'special' hat Valve gives away.  And if they actually put the trading and crafting systems in, I'll probably stop playing.  Someone needs to fire the person who keeps coming up with these 'awesome ideas'.

/rage

Totla

I stopped playing a long time ago.

Abstract Art

Jono2

I lost a whole bunch of jarate, a whole bunch of sandvich, BONK, and my kritzkreig.

So basically I can no longer sit and play WoW all day while playing TF2.

(get it jarate = where i pee, sandvich = my supply of food, my energy drink, and my bong)

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Custom

Quote from: Tortilla on September 02, 2009, 04:44:42 PM
I stopped playing a long time ago.

This, ever since hats came out... Just not the same.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

burninglink

This is a valid reason to quit the game, amirite?

Abstract Art

Quote from: burninglink on September 05, 2009, 08:19:52 PM
This is a valid reason to quit the game, amirite?

Quote from: burninglink on September 05, 2009, 08:19:52 PMhelp people don't enjoy a game that i play and would rather not play it

what should i do plz respond thanks

DDantas

Abstract Art