News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Huge ass intercourse ing storm

Started by Red, March 15, 2010, 02:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red

In New Jersey (along with surrounding areas), we had the biggest storm I've ever seen. It caused some major poop. 5 (3 really, a few connected at the base) trees fell on my house, with 3 or so downed power lines, which crossed. I haven't gotten any sleep since I woke up on Saturday, because I had to be in the basement with buckets 24/7 to stop it from flooding. Over 500 gallons of water. I just got power back maybe an hour ago.

Anything similar ever happen to you?

Gwen Khan

I live in western Mass, all we get is cold, wind, and rain, no trees/power lines down as far as I can tell

L10

We got the rain and wind, but around me it didn't cause much damage, neighboring schools closed for flooding though
0o!f

ThePowerOfOne

Well, umm... It was windy last night and one of my chairs blew off the deck.

Yeah, not much happens storm-wise around here...

Kingmush

Been through a few hurricanes in my time in Virginia. The ones that did the most damage to the area were Floyd in '99 and Isabell in...not sure. But basically Floyd flooded our town but my house didn't get much damage but in Isabell a few trees fell in our yard (one knicked our garage) and the shear wind blew off parts of our roof.

Thirdkoopa

Nope. Worst thing that's happened in Georgia ever since I've lived here is uh...

and...

uh...

Nothing.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

L10

Quote from: Kingmush on March 15, 2010, 09:33:59 PM
Been through a few hurricanes in my time in Virginia. The ones that did the most damage to the area were Floyd in '99 and Isabell in...not sure. But basically Floyd flooded our town but my house didn't get much damage but in Isabell a few trees fell in our yard (one knicked our garage) and the shear wind blew off parts of our roof.
Oh that reminds me

When I was like 2 or 3 there was a regular old summer storm that wasn't that regular(at least not here)
I have a very vague memory of it too, I remember my mom panicking(great thing to see your parents do at that age) and doing something with the window, probably closing it...
but uhh, yeah that's all I remember of it but my mom told me that it was a tornado warning and all that and it was really windy, sky was green, really heavy rainfall and blew the entire roof off the neighbor's house.
0o!f

Silverhawk79

Quote from: L10 on March 16, 2010, 02:34:32 PM
Oh that reminds me

When I was like 2 or 3 there was a regular old summer storm that wasn't that regular(at least not here)
I have a very vague memory of it too, I remember my mom panicking(great thing to see your parents do at that age) and doing something with the window, probably closing it...
but uhh, yeah that's all I remember of it but my mom told me that it was a tornado warning and all that and it was really windy, sky was green, really heavy rainfall and blew the entire roof off the neighbor's house.
Back in the 80s and 90s, people thought (incorrectly) that opening windows during a tornado would equalize pressure, keeping the house from exploding.

Chris8492

Well last year in late November, we had the worst ice storm on record in New Hampshire.

I was getting ready to watch TV, I hear a bunch of crashing sounds next door in my neighbors yard. 8  big trees were down in his yard and littered it completely.

All through that night I couldn't sleep because I kept hearing trees falling all over the place and worried that a tree would fall right through the ceiling into my room.

Waking up next morning, I turned on my short wave radio. 1.5 million people from northern Mass to northern New Hampshire had no power. The town I live in had 100+ trees down.

It was a mess.

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Big Brother on March 16, 2010, 02:37:30 PM
Back in the 80s and 90s, people thought (incorrectly) that opening windows during a tornado would equalize pressure, keeping the house from exploding.

my high school still had that in the emergency book, at least it did tell I pointed in out back in '01, don't know if they ever changed it

Kayo

We had some terrible hurricane winds and rain last year.. we had some pouring rain and hail on Sunday, and in the summer we often get big thunderstorms at night.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]