News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

FANS OF THE ORIGINAL POWER RANGERS, REJOICE!!!!!

Started by dawnwolfNxhoj, May 12, 2010, 05:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawnwolfNxhoj

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS SITE LINK!!
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3ibff1f88d055b04ef0695ad5dc9b7af3b?pn=1 for those who want proof. Now here's the info from the site

Haim Saban is buying back the Power Rangers from Walt Disney with the hope to take the entertainment franchise that he launched to TV and toy stardom in the 1990s to new fans.

His Saban Capital Group is also taking it to Viacom's Nickelodeon as the new U.S. home for the series, which is heading into its 18th season with a new cast and the goal to rejuvenate the fading franchise.

Library episodes of the show will start airing on Nicktoons later this year, with 20 new episodes set for Nickelodeon and Nicktoons in 2011 under the direction of original executive producer Jonathan Tzachor.

Saban is buying the franchise in a renewal of his collaboration with Toei Co., the creator of the original Japanese Power Rangers TV show and an underlying rights-holder.

Financial terms weren't disclosed, but the price tag is believed to be less than $100 million. Nickelodeon in a deal similarly focused on reinvigorating an older franchise last year bought the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for $60 million.

The Power Rangers becomes the first property for Saban Brands, a new arm of SCG with a $500 million budget that will acquire entertainment, lifestyle, fashion and other brands.

Disney has been featuring shows starring the Power Rangers on Saturday mornings on ABC and on Disney XD channels in foreign markets, but it's doubtful the family-friendly conglomerate will miss it much given that it deemed the property too violent for its target audience of young boys.

"It didn't fit with the Disney brand. Moms didn't like it," said Disney spokemsan Jonathan Friedland.

The Power Rangers are expected to disappear from Disney and ABC lineups "immediately," Friedland said.

Disney's recent acquisition of Marvel also gives Disney ample access to new action content for the boys' demo.

"Power Rangers is one of the world's leading children's entertainment properties, and we are delighted to see its return," said SCG chairman and CEO Haim Saban. "I am confident that the talented management team at Saban Brands will expand our licensing partnerships and capitalize on the significant growth potential of this powerful brand."

Saban has been known to have had a continuing passion for the franchise, which went to Disney when the entertainment giant acquired Fox Family Worldwide, a joint venture of Saban and News Corp., in 2001.

The live-action series about kids who morph into superheroes debuted in 1993 under the original title "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers," became the most-watched children's TV show in the U.S. and helped establish a Fox Kids programming block. The franchise also saw two films: "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie" (1995) and "Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie" (1997).

The series has been translated into various languages and has aired in more than 60 countries. The Power Rangers also became the top boys' franchise in the world in terms of TV ratings and toy sales from 1993-1997, according to SCG. It has generated "well over $5 billion" in worldwide licensed product and promotion revenue, it said.

Fans of the Power Rangers franchise were particularly disappointed that Disney XD didn't have the show on its U.S. schedule upon its 2009 start, which led to chatter on blogs and various petitions.

Saban is betting that the broader exposure on Nick will boost ratings for the show and once again make it a key part of youth culture in the U.S.

The current pre-production process for the show's 18th season involves the search for a new cast and a new theme.

Saban is also eyeing Power Rangers film projects, live tours and theme park attractions.

The Saban acquisition includes worldwide rights to the Power Rangers brand and the more than 700 TV episodes produced over 17 years. Saban also immediately unveiled a new, long-term master toy and video game license deal with Bandai Namco Group, which has handled toy lines for the franchise since its inception.

While some, including at Disney, have criticized fight scenes on the TV show as violent, Saban Wednesday said the brand emphasizes the importance of teamwork, responsibility and helping others.

and yes, I'll admit to being a power ranger fan. Seeing that Saban, the makers of the original power rangers, have bought it back gives me hope that power rangers WON'T DIE!!!
*deep breath* phew, so now for ultra special, random stuff....
in particular, who's excited about this and has rejoiced?
what other live action shows with martial arts and transforming people have you watched?
did anyone really enjoy some of the ranger series that disney did? For me, just Dinothunder(only cause of Jason David Frank honestly{Tommy Oliver}) Jungle Fury, and RPM honestly.
So please..., discuss

The Riddler

tl;dr version, please?

Also >will be airing on Nicktoons.

I'm getting tired of this poop. Nicktoons and Cartoon network are for CARTOONS. STOP PLAYING LIVE ACTION ON THEM.

Mystic

I'm excited, just because Saban cares about it more than Disney. However, there are certain people they should hire from Disney for writing. Especially the people who worked on RPM, cause that was easily the best season in my opinion.

List of musts:
Bring back Ron Wasserman
Rehire Koichi from Disney
Rehire Judd Lynn
Rehire Johnathan Tzachtor
Don't ignore Disney seasons for in-show continuity
Do a team up of some sort with RPM

I really want to see the RPM cast again. Disney's last season, so epic. The cast kicked so much ass.

Quote from: DawnwolfNxhoj on May 12, 2010, 05:26:22 PM
...deemed the property too violent for its target audience of young boys.
This is exactly what's wrong with cartoons and shows nowadays.
...̅̅̅

dawnwolfNxhoj

Quote from: Mystic on May 12, 2010, 07:28:35 PM
I'm excited, just because Saban cares about it more than Disney. However, there are certain people they should hire from Disney for writing. Especially the people who worked on RPM, cause that was easily the best season in my opinion.

List of musts:
Bring back Ron Wasserman
Rehire Koichi from Disney
Rehire Judd Lynn
Rehire Johnathan Tzachtor
Don't ignore Disney seasons for in-show continuity
Do a team up of some sort with RPM

I really want to see the RPM cast again. Disney's last season, so epic. The cast kicked so much ass.

hmm, that'd be a pretty interesting idea actually, mystic. considering how RPM ends[spoiler] with the world getting back to it's original state and the main villain still existing in a way[/spoiler], it would definetly be interesting on seeing how they may incorperate that into the next new season that saban plans on. oh yeah, have you seen the footage and things they may use for it yet? if not..., here it is for you to see if you're interested
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Mystic on May 12, 2010, 07:28:35 PM
i definetly agree with you there, RPM was easily the best season of power rangers that disney did :)

Quote from: revelry on May 16, 2010, 12:23:50 PM
This is exactly what's wrong with cartoons and shows nowadays.
i agree, and yet without violence, we can't learn peace :(

Cornwad

I've never watched an episode of the show, but I've been watching the History of Power Rangers videos. Right now I'm up to Lost Galaxy. I'd watch this new show if it's good.

Mystic

I've watched Shinkenger. I watch Sentai. Shinkenger kicked all kinds of ass. That's why they need someone like Eddie, who did the first half of RPM, to write and produce the season. Or Judd like I said, he handled the last half of RPM great.

A RPM team up iwll be tough, especially if Saban considers it it's own continuity separate from MMPR-JF like Eddie did.

RX-78-2

Well I'm certainly sorry that I missed out on a lot of the Disney series. Power Rangers: RPM seems awesome; I might look into it. I've always like Power Rangers, and although the series did eventually decline a bit, it was still good. I'll be looking forward to the new season. Hopefully, I'll get the chance to watch it.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************