News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Nintendo doesn't know what went wrong with Other M.

Started by Tupin, November 13, 2010, 12:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=142273

It's probably a mix of reasons. Mainly the controls and the story. Oh, and the nearly non-existent advertising. Unlike Excitebots, which Nintendo probably didn't expect that high of sales from, this was supposed to be one of their big holiday titles. Didn't appeal that much to newcomers, I think...

Why do you think it failed?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkyMyl

I don't know, maybe all the hardcore Metroid fanboys got alienated by the heavy emphasis on story, which shaped your form of progression in Other M, and made item acquisition absurd, among some other details, like the "Metroid in 3D" concept.

Said story was quite poor, by the way.

Cornwad

Because it wasn't all that good and people like buying good games over not so good games.

Nayrman

Quote from: Cornwad on November 13, 2010, 02:30:12 PM
Because it wasn't all that good and people like buying good games over not so good games.

Basically this. It was a meh game at best. OH, and completely ruining Samus' character didn't help things.

Tsumaru

Nintendo just needs to abandon hardcore titles on the Wii, since most of the audience for the type of game Other M was is on the PS3 or 360.  Look at Shadow Complex, which is very similar to Other M.  It was on XBLA, and was very successful.  On the Wii, people just aren't looking for that kind of game anymore.  The only audience that would have wanted Other M were the hardcore Metroid fans, and the story certainly left many of them disappointed.

Custom

Quote from: Nayrman on November 14, 2010, 09:11:51 AM
Basically this. It was a meh game at best. OH, and completely ruining Samus' character didn't help things.

Quote from: SkyMyl on November 13, 2010, 01:10:44 PM
I don't know, maybe all the hardcore Metroid fanboys got alienated by the heavy emphasis on story, which shaped your form of progression in Other M, and made item acquisition absurd, among some other details, like the "Metroid in 3D" concept.

Said story was quite poor, by the way.

that's why I didn't buy it

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Doodle

Because the controls weren't all that great, Samus's character was terrible, and switching to first person and back was annoying.
YEAH