News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Nintendo's holding a 3DS event on September 13th!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, August 23, 2011, 03:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Zero on August 29, 2011, 04:32:18 PM
What the intercourse
What's the big deal? A seller on ebay has it $20 off. So?

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on August 29, 2011, 06:06:08 PM

I thought it was cool that a store was selling it new and cheaper than the just cut price.  It seems like he has quite a few.  If he still has some when I get paid, I may be grabbing one.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on August 29, 2011, 06:59:19 PM
I thought it was cool that a store was selling it new and cheaper than the just cut price.  It seems like he has quite a few.  If he still has some when I get paid, I may be grabbing one.
It's a 24-hour thing afaik.

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on August 29, 2011, 07:02:36 PM
It's a 24-hour thing afaik.

Oh well.  I'm still a bit on the fence about 3DS or DSiXl.  The battery life is a big issue for me.

Neerb

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on August 29, 2011, 08:37:04 PM
Oh well.  I'm still a bit on the fence about 3DS or DSiXl.  The battery life is a big issue for me.

$20 for a third party replacement will fix that up.

Zero

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on August 29, 2011, 06:06:08 PM

He's losing money

Jew mode disengaged

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

I just found out that it's possible to build Bluetooth into a DS game card. The same is probably true of DS games, so an analog nub attachment actually is doable...

Hero_of_Darkness

The add-on stick is pretty much confirmed.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/07/3ds_stuff_in_famitsu/

If you were planning on buying a 3DS, I strongly recommend waiting. Nintendo's R&D is bullpoop.

Tupin

I bet they tried using the gyroscope or touch screen to control the camera in a game and realized it didn't work. Anyway, I hope the add-on doesn't make the 3DS too wide.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

Monster Hunter 3D? Nice.

As for the circle pad... not sure what to think...

On the one hand, this whole year will be a big slap in the face to Nintendo fans; not only did we pay through the nose what is now a cheap console, but we paid through the nose for a cheap, OBSOLETE console, which is just plain ridiculous. Furthermore, the attachment will make us pay MORE money while making the portable handheld a bit less portable and a bit less handheld. And even WORSE, odds are most of the awesome games already announced that could have greatly used a second circle will almost certainly be lacking it, making the add-on a... what is that, triple insult?

On the other hand, eventually more games might use this second circle, and if it's not too uncomfortable/inconvenient, it could improve the games greatly.

All I can say is, this thing might be nice in the future, but it should be free to Ambassadors when it comes out, because this whole scenario is bullcrap. Nintendo should have thrown this thing in in the first place, had online ready at launch, and released the console in stores late summer/early fall instead of spring; it's like they were so excited for the Zelda concert that they literally forgot to make plans for the thing that will help put food on their tables for the next 6 years.

Hero_of_Darkness

I'm now going to wait at least 12 months to buy Nintendo hardware and, after SS, at least six months to buy Nintendo hardware. I can't trust them anymore. See you in 2013, 3DS! (I'm waiting until a year after the revision just in case they intercourse  that up, too.

EDIT: meant now. FML

Kayo

The hell I was gonna buy one now

NOW I HAVE TO WAIT AGAIN THANKS A FUCKING LOT NINTENDO

They better not jack the price above $200 with that, all I'm saying.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Wait, you guys are whining about an OPTIONAL attachment?

Why?