News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Kid Icarus Uprising

Started by Neerb, October 05, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on March 30, 2012, 03:44:07 PM
I'm not saying kill the IP's, I'm talking either make some NEW IP's or do something different with the existing ones. I love Mario games and all that but when I'm paying full price for a game I essentially already played when I was four it starts to get really grating. Especially considering that's ALL they'd been doing the last number of years.

I know that Uncharted is a third-person shooter. I was saying it was an exception to an otherwise bland genre. As overrated as you claim it to be, I find it to be a great series.

Anyway, pretty much what everyone else said.

Neerb

Does "Join Game" from the Friends menu not work on Kid Icarus: Uprising? Because I've seen some of you guys on here several times now (with the status specifically "Together - Far Away - Light vs Dark" or something like that), and the option to Join Game is never even available.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 01, 2012, 11:10:15 AM
Does "Join Game" from the Friends menu not work on Kid Icarus: Uprising? Because I've seen some of you guys on here several times now (with the status specifically "Together - Far Away - Light vs Dark" or something like that), and the option to Join Game is never even available.
Only a few games support that.

DededeCloneChris

I'm guessing the ability will become available through Nintendo Network.

Kayo

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 01, 2012, 11:10:15 AM
MK7 has it, so idunno. It might be what Chris said, having something to do in the near future with NN.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

The UK is done with handhelds, it seems, so Kid Icarus didn't do so hot there. However, the UK's entire video game market is in the gutter, it seems. Uprising sold less than 6.7k for its first week, but somehow charted sixth. It dropped to 11th place for its second week.

Zero

Ouch

The world economy is intercourse ing terrible right now because of rising oil prices, so this is no surprise. $4.05. That's how much it costs for a gallon of gas in my county right now. It's like 6 bucks for a box of cereal. A box of cereal. Game sales always plummet when prices of food, oil, etc. skyrocket. Hierarchy of needs and all that.

Basically I'm saying that I wouldn't say that the UK is "done" with handhelds. The United States was more than "done" with the entire video game industry in the early 80's and look where we're at now.

Kayo

Quote from: Not Sad Keanu on April 02, 2012, 06:09:50 AM
Ouch

The world economy is intercourse ing terrible right now because of rising oil prices, so this is no surprise. $4.05. That's how much it costs for a gallon of gas in my county right now. It's like 6 bucks for a box of cereal. A box of cereal. Game sales always plummet when prices of food, oil, etc. skyrocket. Hierarchy of needs and all that.

Basically I'm saying that I wouldn't say that the UK is "done" with handhelds. The United States was more than "done" with the entire video game industry in the early 80's and look where we're at now.
Gas is $4 even where I live, but driving less than a half hour away it's like $4.10. Filling up a tank yesterday cost about $75.

People can't afford to buy so many video games these days.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Not Sad Keanu on April 02, 2012, 06:09:50 AM
Ouch

That statement came from the fact that there are three handheld titles in the top 40. Not even 10% of the list. Also, I'm sure that you can guess what the other two titles are.

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 02, 2012, 12:18:44 PM
That statement came from the fact that there are three handheld titles in the top 40. Not even 10% of the list. Also, I'm sure that you can guess what the other two titles are.

I'll bet they're Vita titles.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 02, 2012, 05:00:14 PM
I'll bet they're Vita titles.
Nope. All of the Vita titles have fall off of the chart already. (which proves my point even more)

Kayo

[move][/move]

Neerb

Kayo

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 02, 2012, 06:52:37 PM
/sarcasm
It was kind of a joking mood, but I honestly haven't seen anything Vita advertised. Ever.

Also, spoiler for those who haven't played Chapter 17 yet
[spoiler]The power of flight runs out!
Viridi: OH JUST LINE UP WITH THIS
WELL THAT WENT POORLY.
(I'M FINISHED!)
Me: "Wait, what the intercourse  was I supposed to do? *was trying to line Pit up using the stylus*"
I swear I play this game so late at night, I just randomly go full retard and forget how to move Pit. Though, in my defense, they give Pit a red circle that you have to line up with another red
circle, and I guess I was thinking "RETICLE!" when I saw that square... since it's colored like the reticle and etc., and I just thought I was supposed to use the reticle controls. .-.

Also dear god, Aurum Pyrrhon is the cheapest intercourse ing boss I have ever faced. It took me about 8 deaths to realize I COULD NOT DO ANY DAMAGE TO HIM. Palutena and Viridi BOTH say to just keep shooting at him, turns out that does NOTHING until you take out all four green things that are orbiting the arena. Yeah, four green things that you don't even intercourse ing SEE when you're doing what the goddesses tell you to do.

On top of that, while I'm in close trying to do dash shots at him and the circular ring of fire forms around my platform, there is literally not enough time to get back to the jump pad in time, no matter how quick your reflexes are.

That's just another reason that the difficulty drop shouldn't be enforced along with the heart loss. I eventually worked my way from 8 down to 2.1 on that intercourse ing boss, and once i figured out the key to beating him (with no help from the goddesses) I could have done that on a higher difficulty. But no, I have to play it on baby mode and end up finishing the mission with less hearts than I started.

It would be one thing if anyone would have told me I wasn't doing any damage... like every boss has in the past 15 chapters.[/spoiler]
[move][/move]

Neerb

So, I was taking a look at the instruction manual for the game (er, instruction fold-out poster, as all 3DS Nintendo titles seem to have), and it says "You can join games of friends on your HOME Menu friend list marked with OK to Join." However, it says this in the "With Friends" section, with the "With Anyone" section listed right afterwards. So, here's what I'm thinking: you CAN join friends' games from the Friend List like you can with Mario Kart 7, but you can ONLY join friends' games if they're in a "With Friends" game, not a "With Anyone" game.

Better than nothing, I guess, but still lame; it seems the only way you can play with friends AND random Wi-fi players is by pure chance. Also still upset that they didn't put in voice chat. I guess Nintendo isn't quite ready to have a modern online experience, although I am glad the connection between players is now strong enough to play without lag (looking at you, Brawl).