Started by Daft Pink, October 23, 2007, 05:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think about final smashes

I thought they would be instant ko's
I thought that they would do massive damage, and kill you most of the time
I always knew they would be as strong as they are
I thought they would be weak

Daft Pink

I actually thought that Final Smashes would do massive amounts of damage and would kill you most of the time. I was actually surprised to know that Final Smashes were not as strong as I thought they would be.

Ridley

They do what I thought they would cool effects
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

PHOENIXBLAST

Quote from: Ridley on October 23, 2007, 05:41:23 PM
I didn't think final smashes would be instant KOs because it is kind of cheap, I thought it would do massive damage and kill you most of the time.

Red

Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on October 23, 2007, 05:44:06 PM
I didn't think final smashes would be instant KOs because it is kind of cheap, I thought it would do massive damage and kill you most of the time.
If they were, why put them in?

JrDude

Quote from: RedSox on October 23, 2007, 05:50:27 PM
Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on October 23, 2007, 05:44:06 PM
If they were, why put them in?
And I quote from Sakurai
"The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once...and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed."

So it makes people think it will be VERY strong
[move][/move]
Dude .

Java

Cornwad

Option #3.
I took Sakurai's "personalized hammer" description literally :P

Booster

Well, they are in most cases, guaranteed at least one kill. >.>

When I first saw it announced, I was annoyed because it looked like just a huge unstoppable move that required no skill and would completely pummel any opponents no questions asked. And from the eight matches I played this weekend, it looks like it's true. Multiple times when I battled someone with skill equal to mine, it would just come down to who got the Smash Ball. And for either of us when we got it, it was all luck. A couple tomes my opponent was beating up the smash ball, and I run from across the stage and do one light hit and it's mine. (Or vice versa.) And I find that pretty unfair.

And some of the final smashes seem stronger than others. In one of my battles, I was Ike and got the smash ball and used it correctly and killed one guy making me in the lead by one kill, and a little later into the match Diddy Kong get it and kills two guys with practically zero damage making him the winner.
Don't get me wrong, it feels awesome when your on the stage and get a Smash Ball and pull it off, but what about when you're off the stage and the "awesomeness" wears off and you get beat by one kill from a Smash Ball? I wish that Nintendo didn't go the "ultra-powerful move" route, but what can you do? The game will still be awesome.