News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The NSFCD Tater Instigator- No Descriptions Required

Started by Zeldafan422, September 24, 2007, 04:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

how can you even enjoy /v/

I've always been into classic games and /vr/ actually seems to want to talk about them instead of whining about gaming "journalism" or something.

/ck/ is a pretty fun board and people actually know some good poop, funny to see the cross-board stuff with people who have no clue.

And /mlp/..../mlp/ is a completely different monster.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Custom

Quote from: Tupin on January 23, 2014, 11:37:03 PM
how can you even enjoy /v/

I've always been into classic games and /vr/ actually seems to want to talk about them instead of whining about gaming "journalism" or something.

/ck/ is a pretty fun board and people actually know some good poop, funny to see the cross-board stuff with people who have no clue.

And /mlp/..../mlp/ is a completely different monster.

polygon is the devil

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Custom on January 23, 2014, 11:23:28 PM
i intercourse ing love /v/
i hate /vr/ and /vg/ and wish they didn't split up the boards
i go on /mu/ but everyone there is an idiot who likes to pretend they know poop about music

How can you love /v/ but hate /vr/ when /vr/ actually talks about video games?

Also Polygon really is intercourse ing awful. That Dragon's Crown review was terrible. That Castlevania LoS2 preview was particularly bad.

"Wah Dracula is evil you should REMOVE that scene because it hurts my feminist feelings!!!!"

Fuck off its a video game and Dracula is evil. Get over it.

Tupin

God, do not even bring up feminism on /v/. Or any social movement, really.

Although to be fair, they're pretty gosh darn right on games like Gone Home being received positively being bad for games in general. No intercourse ing way is that GOTY material.

/mlp/ went to poop after the creator of the show that stepped down went there one night and the moderators suddenly started to enforce rules that ruined it and attracted a stupid crowd. And now all they do is post Doom Paul every time something is announced about the show.

Oh, and they act really creepy about the creator/current staff of the show. Both in positive and negative ways.

Eizweir

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Silverhawk79

none of my favorite bands ever win Grammys
because they're not garbage
:^)

Zero

Custom

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on January 27, 2014, 07:37:31 PM
none of my favorite bands ever win Grammys
because they're not garbage
:^)

that's not true
the bands you listen to are garage
you like /mu/core
that's the worst of the worst for people that want to act snobby and like how they 'rly get the music'

you used to like daft punk and i set my friends on fire and modest mouse what happened

swans sucks my cock so does anco tears for fears did it better

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Tupin

Quote from: Zero on January 28, 2014, 07:49:45 PM
The Wonderful 101 is 23.99 on Amazon.
Huh, what a coincidence.

2399 is the exact number of copies that game sold first week in Japan.

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on January 28, 2014, 08:29:15 PM
Huh, what a coincidence.

2399 is the exact number of copies that game sold first week in Japan.

That is unfortunate. The game looks fun. I plan on snatching it up.

Also another RPG is getting the Gamestop Exclusivity treatment. 3DS game One Piece: Romance Dawn will get a limited release in NA and will no doubt be difficult to find. So grab it if you want to make money or just like One Piece/RPG's I guess.

Doodle

I just hate that you can't discuss old games on /v/ without a few idiots going >>>/vr/
YEAH

Zero

Quote from: Doodle on January 28, 2014, 09:07:28 PM
I just hate that you can't discuss old games on /v/ without a few idiots going >>>/vr/

You can't even really talk about new games.

Tupin

Quote from: Doodle on January 28, 2014, 09:07:28 PM
Fucking plebs.

What's their limit for "retro," 2006?

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on January 28, 2014, 09:33:11 PM
Fucking plebs.

What's their limit for "retro," 2006?

Mods on /v/ often(especially when /vr/ was first created) direct Dreamcast threads to /vr/ and/or delete them.

Mods on /vr/ delete Dreamcast threads on /vr/, effectively killing Dreamcast discussion most of the time because you can't easily get a thread going on either board. It makes sense that DC threads are against the rules since technically the DC was part of the 6th gen, but its quite literally the only place that makes sense for it, and should be made an exception.

It is almost the exact same bullpoop that happens on /a/ if you happen to feel like discussing anime that isn't moepoop. You get directed to /v/ for some reason and your thread is either bombed or deleted. Granted, this is only during peak hours.

It's been this way for years but it is still incredibly stupid. I like 4chan as much as I hate it and have felt this way since 2008, around the time I began growing out of being an asshat regularly on the internet and longing for legitimate discussion.