News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

No Rock Band Planned For Wii?

Started by Mario583, January 03, 2008, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario583

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/681850/No_Rock_Band_For_Wii_Planned.html?utm_source=g4tv&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=TheFeed

Though Harmonix is committed to bringing Rock Band to 'every important platform' at some time, there are no plans to bring the game to the Wii at this time, according to EA. Now, this doesn't mean that the game isn't coming to the Wii eventually, it just means that they're not ready to announce plans for the Nintendo version right now.

However, we'd be willing to bet that you will see a Wii version of this extremely popular game before the end of 2008, perhaps lining up with next year's holiday season, because, you know, game developers are good like that. In the meantime, Wii lovers, find a friend who has a PS3, 360, or PS2, and play the game.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=154628

Despite the release of a PS2 flavor and official comments suggesting otherwise, Electronic Arts has yet to confirm Rock Band for Wii.

"We have not announced any plans for a Wii version at this time," wrote EA's Bryce Baer on Wednesday in an email to GamePro.

In April 2007, Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos said "absolutely" when asked if there was a possibility of seeing the game on Wii.

"We will, at some time, bring Rock Band to every [important] platform," he said in the conference call. "I think the Wiimote is something that holds enormous promise."

Rock Band is currently available for Xbox 360, PS3, and PS2. The music simulator won several game of the year awards in 2007 including "best game that involves getting off the sofa" by the Associated Press.

Thank God.

Rayquarian

I wanted to play this game.  I'm disappointed that Harmonix hasn't planned to make a Wii version.

Waveburner

Wii has GH3, I'm happy at least for that.

LinkXLR

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR