News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

I got issues with Stage Creator (No spoilers!? That's new.)!

Started by SkyMyl, March 18, 2008, 11:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Stage creator is awesome, but certain parts are just too...bulky. Like a tree. A simple tree takes up 6-9 blocks of space! Most of that space is the free space around the tree! What gives!?
Also, ladders don't go through fall through platforms. They only go up massive slanted platforms.
There are lack of certain parts that they could of put in the stage creator. Such as breakable blocks. Like in SSE! You attack the block and it breaks. Fall-away blocks disappear for a while, but come back. Why can't you make it so that the blocks don't come back after they fall?
You know how there are three types of blocks? Futuristic, Old blocks, and "Palace" blocks for the three different types of backgrounds? Why can't we mix Futuristic blocks with Old blocks?
Spawn Points. Why can't we choose where player 1, 2, 3, and 4 spawn?

There was so much they could've added to the Stage Creator! Granted, the game would've been delayed even further...but it would've made Stage Creator even better! Who else felt that this could've been much better and improved?

tollhouse2006

Be happy that there is one at all.  I'm having fun with this mode.  I made a huge stage that's all flat just for Sonic to run on.  It's one of my favorites.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Apollo

yeah i mean i really like it but i kinda agree
also question:
Is there any way to rotate springs upside down?

SkyMyl

Quote from: Apollo on March 18, 2008, 01:29:28 PM
also question:
That's another thing! You can't rotate things so that they're upside-down or sideways. (Or in other words, no.)

To Tollhouse2006: I'm happy, but I repeat, there was so much they could've done! Also, I made a stage with a ramp and a gap in the middle, to test Sonic's speed and jumping skills.

Apollo

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on March 18, 2008, 01:43:07 PM
Quote from: Apollo on March 18, 2008, 01:29:28 PM
also question:
That's another thing! You can't rotate things so that they're upside-down or sideways. (Or in other words, no.)

To Tollhouse2006: I'm happy, but I repeat, there was so much they could've done! Also, I made a stage with a ramp and a gap in the middle, to test Sonic's speed and jumping skills.
darnit
i was so looking forward to that
i had so many cool ideas for that

tibar7

it's likely they did delay the game for stage builder. that just says how hard it was to make. i wish you could make spikes upside down. i would have made a death box.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Apollo

Quote from: tibar7 on March 18, 2008, 01:50:28 PM
it's likely they did delay the game for stage builder. that just says how hard it was to make. i wish you could make spikes upside down. i would have made a death box.
i wanted to make a plus sign ( + ) shaped stage where springs would point inward and outward to form the plus sign

tibar7

the only thing that dissapointed me in stage builder was the lack of backgrounds and structures. the music selection is simply the god of music selections in video games.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Apollo

Quote from: tibar7 on March 18, 2008, 02:02:54 PM
the only thing that dissapointed me in stage builder was the lack of backgrounds and structures. the music selection is simply the god of music selections in video games.
yeah i dont think anyone could complain about the music selection
background :|

Oren

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on March 18, 2008, 12:26:24 PM
Be happy that there is one at all.  I'm having fun with this mode.  I made a huge stage that's all flat just for Sonic to run on.  It's one of my favorites.
i love the Stage bulider its so much fun :)

SkyMyl

Quote from: tibar7 on March 18, 2008, 01:50:28 PM
The first time. The second time I believe they delayed it because of a glitch.