News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

You all better get yourselves GC and Classic Controllers before they're banned.

Started by Daft Pink, July 23, 2008, 01:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBY106698

You see, this is literally all about money. Nintendo Gamecube wasn't doing good so they left nintendo alone. now that Nintendo has hit a jackpot with Wii and is making a comeback, all the companies are coming out of the wood work saying patent this and infringment that because they want a piece of the money that they arne't making because they didn't do jack with the technology they failed to utalize and suddenly have a patent for.

I agree with everyone that these lawsuits are total BS and should be thrown out, but we all know the US legal ssytem is a laughing stock. You can sue anyone for whatever the hell you want and you'll win. Anyone remember the woman who sued McD's because she spilled coffee on herself, as if she didn't know it was hot. Point is, Nintendo SHOULD win, but thanks to America's messed up legal system, Nintendo will probably lose.

Dawei

It's only us sales of the controllers. You can go to a site like play-asia and buy as many as you want whenever.

Doodle

That's just ridiculous. They just want money.
Good thing I have two wireless GCN controllers and a classic controller. :P
YEAH

WiiGuy

last time i tryed to get Wavebird controllers i couldn't find them anyway :P

but, i need to get another Classic Controller before its to late :-\
here is another link
Nintendo World Report

makuta

Anascape is also in legal talks with Sony Corp. over controller patents.

Sony is the one pulling the strings.
To be heard, speak up. To be seen, stand up. To be appreciated, shut up.

WiiGuy

Quote from: makuta on July 27, 2008, 02:44:32 PM
Anascape is also in legal talks with Sony Corp. over controller patents.

Sony is the one pulling the strings.
sony has their own problems, thats why the PS3 at first didn't have Rumble controllers.

DIMENTIO1

there should be a law that says:

all infringement claims must be made within X amount of days/months until it becomes useless

HTA!

Quote from: DIMENTIO1 on July 31, 2008, 06:19:24 PM
there should be a law that says:

all infringement claims must be made within X amount of days/months until it becomes useless

Thats why patents have expiration dates.
If that law existed, what the point of applying for a patent?

Rouge Helios

Phew, thats a relief, my friend said Wiimotes AND GCN controllers were banned...well Anascape can go screw themselves, they got beat by a better company...PLEASE tell me they had PROOF of their ideas.