News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

...Now I want Wii Music.

Started by Tupin, October 16, 2008, 06:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Any game that lets me play George Michael's "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" and The Jackson 5's "I'll be There" automatically makes me want it.  =D

Here's a full list of all the licensed songs:
[spoiler]* "Chariots of Fire" (theme) - Vangelis
* "Daydream Believer" - made famous by The Monkees
* "Every Breath You Take" - Sting
* "I'll be There" - made famous by The Jackson 5
* "I've Never Been to Me" - made famous by Charlene
* "Material Girl" - Madonna
* "Please Mr. Postman" - made famous by The Marvellettes
* "September" - Earth, Wind & Fire
* "Suriyaki"- Kyu Sakamoto*
* "The Loco-Motion" - made famous by Little Eva
* "Woman" - John Lennon
* "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" - George Michael
* "Jingle Bell Rock" - made famous by by Bobby Helms
* "Do-Re-Mi" - Rogers and Hammerstein (from The Sound of Music)[/spoiler]

It's actually getting decent reviews, but expect a scathing review from IGN, especially if Matt reviews it.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

glorified noise maker...
Where are these reviews coming from? It looks absolutely pathetic to me X_X;;

Macawmoses

Those songs classify this as good? Guitar Hero on the DS has better (more) songs, and it isn't even a console.

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on October 16, 2008, 06:25:11 PM
glorified noise maker...
Any videos that you see of people mindlessly waving the remote around are playing it wrong, as they give you a measure with notes and you are supposed to follow that or maybe go a little off the song.

1UP and EGM gave it an A-. Here's a quote from their review:

"Wii Music may have a hard time winning over the skeptics who just want to laugh at it, but give the game the chance it deserves. You just might realize it's pretty darn fun being in on the joke."

The one time I actually agree with 1UP...

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on October 16, 2008, 06:43:36 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on October 16, 2008, 06:25:11 PM
glorified noise maker...
Any videos that you see of people mindlessly waving the remote around are playing it wrong, as they give you a measure with notes and you are supposed to follow that or maybe go a little off the song.

1UP and EGM gave it an A-. Here's a quote from their review:

"Wii Music may have a hard time winning over the skeptics who just want to laugh at it, but give the game the chance it deserves. You just might realize it's pretty dang fun being in on the joke."

The one time I actually agree with 1UP...

Hooray horrible songs, no challenge, MIDI quality sounds, and "simple" (i.e. dumb) waggle controls...
uh yea... Guitar Hero is a million times better. I really wish Nintendo had actually TRIED with this game. I know they want to make things piss easy for the little kiddies with no brain cells, but at least make it somewhat of a game X_X;;

Gwen Khan

what about the Nintendo music is there a list for those? I'll at least rent this.

Nayrman

Quote from: Commissar Torgo on October 18, 2008, 07:34:49 AM
what about the Nintendo music is there a list for those? I'll at least rent this.
A little Mario, Zelda, and F-Zero (just Mute City).
The rest is simple kindergarden songs and stuff our grandparents listened too X_X;;

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on October 18, 2008, 07:48:59 AM
The rest is simple kindergarden songs and stuff our grandparents listened too X_X;;
I've also heard the music quality is terrible.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on October 18, 2008, 08:24:21 AM
They say it can fit onto an N64 catridge, the quality is so bad...it's all MIDI stuff...which is a BIG NO-NO for Music games.

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on October 18, 2008, 10:09:12 AM
They say it can fit onto an N64 catridge, the quality is so bad...it's all MIDI stuff...which is a BIG NO-NO for Music games.

MIDI for the serious, non-cameo music in video games in this day and age is unacceptable.

Unless it's supposed to be like a retro game, like Megaman 9. Wii Music using MIDI in 2008 in stupid.

I'll have to at least try it, and you should to just to confirm either how much you hate it or how simple it is. That's what Wii Music looks like to me, simple. WAY too simple, even Wii Sports looks more complex than it.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on October 18, 2008, 10:19:37 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on October 18, 2008, 10:09:12 AM

MIDI for the serious, non-cameo music in video games in this day and age is unacceptable.

Unless it's supposed to be like a retro game, like Megaman 9. Wii Music using MIDI in 2008 in stupid.

I'll have to at least try it, and you should to just to confirm either how much you hate it or how simple it is. That's what Wii Music looks like to me, simple. WAY too simple, even Wii Sports looks more complex than it.
I'm not going to bother I think we all know it's crap and the only people who will actually have a good time are the 8 and under crowd...which unfortunately seems to be Nintendo's main demographic these days ;_;

Tupin

Why not focus on a demographic that's easier to impress?

It's the perfect idea from a money making standpoint, but Nintendo has to bite their tongue and send out a product that will make money, not one that they are confident in that people will enjoy.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on October 18, 2008, 10:31:38 AM
Why not focus on a demographic that's easier to impress?

It's the perfect idea from a money making standpoint, but Nintendo has to bite their tongue and send out a product that will make money, not one that they are confident in that people will enjoy.
Oh, you mean like Galaxy, Brawl, Kart Wii, anything coming out in the next year or so? X_X;;
I just want a challenge every now and then is that REALLY too much to ask for?

Mystic

Off all of J5/The Jacksons songs, they picked I'll Be There?
Off all the Madonna songs, Material Girl?

Yeah, intercourse  you Nintendo.

WiiGuy

i was just at wal-mart....and they had like 20 copies of Wii Music :O

i didn't have a the money to buy it though :(