News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

20 bucks

Started by Macawmoses, March 30, 2009, 10:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

What a shame. NMH, Zack and Wiki, Red Steel, etc. all plummeted in value.

What's up with this? Why can't third parties make it on Wii?

Jono2

the fans that would buy these titles have grown up and/or moved on.

for example, I play PC games now.  My Wii sits upstairs collecting dust.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Neerb

Generally, third parties don't make it on Wii because they don't try.  They just want to make a few quick bucks, probably to pay for making better games on other consoles.  Plus, there's the whole aspect of familiarity; some people don't want to risk new third-party games (and with good reason, when it comes to the wii), so any good but new concepts like Zack and Wiki get left behind.  Meanwhile, the games that ARE familiar, whether it be Guitar Hero, Sonic, or Call of Duty, are only bought on Wii by people who don't already have another console, because these third parties have the annoying tendency to make a game for 360/PS3, and then cut out an unnecessarily large chunk of data out before shipping to the Wii (example:  less modes and songs in Rock Band, small online and no split screen in CoD:WaW, less levels in Sonic Unleashed, and of course, many games ported to Wii have graphics that belong on the PS1).  HOWEVER, through all of this, they still end up making money.

The only ones suffering here are the customers, and third parties don't care as long as they can make money on other consoles.

Nayrman

Quote from: SmashBro25 on March 31, 2009, 03:59:44 AM
Generally, third parties don't make it on Wii because they don't try.  They just want to make a few quick bucks, probably to pay for making better games on other consoles.  Plus, there's the whole aspect of familiarity; some people don't want to risk new third-party games (and with good reason, when it comes to the wii), so any good but new concepts like Zack and Wiki get left behind.  Meanwhile, the games that ARE familiar, whether it be Guitar Hero, Sonic, or Call of Duty, are only bought on Wii by people who don't already have another console, because these third parties have the annoying tendency to make a game for 360/PS3, and then cut out an unnecessarily large chunk of data out before shipping to the Wii (example:  less modes and songs in Rock Band, small online and no split screen in CoD:WaW, less levels in Sonic Unleashed, and of course, many games ported to Wii have graphics that belong on the PS1).  HOWEVER, through all of this, they still end up making money.

The only ones suffering here are the customers, and third parties don't care as long as they can make money on other consoles.
This, and the fact that Nintendo never lets them do anything unique as long as Nintendo can do it better and thus make more money for themselves. If it were up to them, they'd ban all third parties and just make every game themselves if they could. Other than Capcom and Sega since the SNES, Nintendo has had a tulmultuous relationship with third parties at best (with no help from Hiroshi Yamauchi during the N64, but that's another issue)

ThePowerOfOne

$20 for a Wii game? I've never found one under $50.

Mystic

Quote from: Phaze on March 31, 2009, 07:31:48 PM

Any store has games under 50 dollars.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Mystic on April 02, 2009, 11:05:48 AM
Quote from: Phaze on March 31, 2009, 07:31:48 PM

Any store has games under 50 dollars.
Not here.

Best Buy, Circuit City, Costco, wherever. Wii games are $50 (Sometimes $45, but w/e), and DS games are $30.

Macawmoses

You're getting ripped off.

Neerb

Quote from: Lord Layton on April 04, 2009, 03:35:13 PM
You're getting ripped off.

Seriously, Sonic and the Secret Rings is one of the good 3rd-party games, and that's $20 new everywhere I see.