News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

.Hack

Started by Thirdkoopa, December 25, 2009, 12:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

I was at a friends house with a few other people. We got really bored so we decided to look through his PS2 collection just to find an old RPG I used to play with him a lot.

So, down to the main point. It's one of those games that you know is Mediocre but you keep playing it for your own odd reasons. It has four seperate discs, is a PS2 Game, etc. Basically battle system wise, It's like Kingdom Hearts, except without jumping and more control over your partners along with less control over most of your attacks, and of course, harder. It however has It's downsides, like a lot being able to kill you, awful voice acting, and generally feeling like a generic RPG In many aspects. Yet; I'm actually hyped to play it some tomorrow just to find out what happens next when I know I can just search it up.

Anyways, before I get on a tangent attempting to describe this, discuss this mediocre series for anyone who has actually played it.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Magnum

Well, you see, I'm a full on .hack fan. AKA, I've played all the games, read all the comics, and watched all the shows.

I might be a little biased on this, but I thoroughly enjoy this series. It's pretty simple story wise but there is something about it that makes me go back to it over and over again.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Magnum on December 26, 2009, 10:34:06 AM
Well, you see, I'm a full on .hack fan. AKA, I've played all the games, read all the comics, and watched all the shows.

I might be a little biased on this, but I thoroughly enjoy this series. It's pretty simple story wise but there is something about it that makes me go back to it over and over again.
...Seems like we're the only ones who know this.

I agree; Compared to even simple plots, .Hack is not plot heavy at all, but the plot somehow just keeps me always curious. It's the simplicity of it that I love yet get annoyed of it.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Magnum

That, and I am an addict for the desktop. I unlocked everything for it in both game series, and I always would just sit there and listen to all the music with the different backgrounds.
Yuri Lowenthal is pretty entertaining in the G.U. series too.
Vol 1. = "TRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Vol 2. = "SSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIII"
Vol 3. = "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then Blackrose is an annoying ***** in the old series.

-_- I'm gonna go play my .hack games now...

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

bluaki

I haven't played any of the games, but I've watched most of the related animes: Sign, Legend of the Twilight, Liminality, and Roots, as well as the Legend of the Twilight manga and light novels of AI Buster and Another Birth.

I did get the first .hack game for Christmas just recently, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I have no idea how much I'll like it.

Allegretto

I haven't posted in this yet?

I love .Hack series as well. I think it's a great story and I really enjoy the voice acting in the G.U. series. It has so many good voice actors.

I think it's fantastic, like what Magnum said it made me just want to go back to it over and over again.

Missingno6

Quote from: Third K on December 25, 2009, 12:20:46 AM
I was at a friends house with a few other people. We got really bored so we decided to look through his PS2 collection just to find an old RPG I used to play with him a lot.
I told you, if you want to borrow the first one I can let you (once you get back :/)
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3610 3031 1498

Broken_Cartridge

I own all of the .HACK games...but I've never played them >.>