News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

TK's collection - Currently at 165 (Possibly 166 soon)

Started by Thirdkoopa, March 20, 2010, 02:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Welcome to my collection thread - What does this contain unique? Here you'll get to see some...Interesting things rather than just a generic list. Eventually I may update this to say the point where I have short opinions on all of them.

For now however, I will contain a pictures, my goals, what buys in there were specifically important to be as a whole, and well...My collection. I'm also not bothering to add online buys (I.E. Half-Life 2, VC, PSN, etc)

Finally feel free to ask me anything about how I got said titles since some will make you go "wat". You can also feel free to recommend but I have many future plans in store already.

Oh hi pictures:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Oh hi actual collection:

Gameboy Color/Gameboy - 8
World Heroes 2 Jet
Tetris (A bit broken but still works)
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Donkey Kong Land
F-1 Race
Tennis
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Pac-Man

Gameboy Advance - 18
Final Fantasy 1 & 2/I & II Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy 6/VI
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Golden Sun
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
The Legend of Zelda & The Minish Cap
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Game & Watch Gallery 4
Sonic Advance 3
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Klonoa Empire of Dreams
Pokemon: Saphire Version
Pokemon: LeafGreen Version
World Tennis Stars
Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets
Pokemon Pinball
Sonic Spinball Party

DS - 23
Final Fantasy 3/III
Final Fantasy 4/IV
Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance 2 NEW!
Space Invaders Extreme 2 NEW!
The World Ends With You
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's inside Story
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Animal Crossing: Wild World
The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Yoshi's Touch n Go
Kirby's Canvas Curse
Kirby Squeak Squad
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Kart DS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Sonic Rush
StarFox Command
Nintendogs
Pac-Pix
Polarium
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
Diddy Kong Racing DS

PSP - 5
Ape Escape: On the Loose
Ape Escape: Academy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: The War of the Lions
Rachet & Clank: Size Doesn't Matter
Patapon NEW!

Playstation 1 - 15
Final Fantasy 9/IX NEW!
South Park Rally
Crash Bash
South Park (Shooter)
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Wheel of Fortune
Pong
Spider-Man
Gran Turismo
Test Drive 4
Lego Island 2
Doom
Rugrats Search for Reptar
NINJA: Shadow of Darkness

Playstation 2 - 14
Final Fantasy 12/XII
Ape Escape 3 NEW!
Rachet & Clank NEW!
Jak & Daxter NEW!
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero 3
Rock Band
Rock Band Track Pack: Volume 1
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Sly 3 Honor among Thieves
Persona 3 FES
Viewtiful Joe 2

Playstation 3 - 7
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
Guitar Hero: 5
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
The Beatles Rock Band
LittleBigPlanet

Nintendo 64 - 25
Lego Racers
F-Zero X
Pokemon Snap
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Yoshi's Story
South Park Rally
Pokemon Stadium
Super Mario 64
NBA In the Zone '98
Madden 99
Pokemon Stadium 2
Star Fox 64
Mario Party
Hey You, Pikachu!
Mario Tennis
Castlevania
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Golf
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Banjo Kazooie
NFL Quarterback Club 99
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey 98
Super Smash Bros
Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards
Diddy Kong Racing

Gamecube - 40
Sonic Adventure DX Director's cut
Sonic Mega Collection
Harry Potter & The Prizoner of Azakaban
Crash Nitro Kart
Pokemon Channel
Mario Party 7
Animal Crossing
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Starfox Adventures
Pac-Man Fever
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Party 4
Mario Kart Double Dash
Disney Sports Soccer
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup
Spongebob SquarePants Battle for Bikini Bottom
Sonic Gems Collection
Mario Superstar Baseball
Mario Party 6
Sonic Heroes
The Sims
Disney Party
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Pokemon Colosseum
Sonic Riders
Evolution Worlds
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Pac-Man World 2
Kirby Airride
Crash Bandicoot the Wrath of Cortex
Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix
Nickelodeon Party Blast
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Melee
F-Zero GX
Baten Kaitos
StarFox Assault
Go! Go! Hypergrind NEW!
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (<3)

Wii - 10
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Smash Bros Brawl
No More Heroes
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Wii Sports
Wii Play

Other stuff about this:

Goals and stuff' and plans and stuff
-My main goal as very few of you know is to basically get every SNES game that was worth a poop to own since when I was young I actually had that but sadly got it taken away from me due to a rather fateful event. It even had Earthbound and FFVI/6! Oh well; This is a very long term goal so yeah.

-Import a copy of Mother 3

-Asides from that I'm looking on expanding my library overall before getting anymore systems since I'm already getting a 360 soon as well for free. Having all 7th gen consoles leaves me overloaded

Explanations
To explain the shovelware (Mainly the gamecube) I either got it for very cheap at some sale, for free, from a friend, and...Let's just say family members can be nice but a bit stupid.

I'm pretty positive I have Pokemon Ruby and Fire Red somewhere around my house along with Golden Sun: The Lost Age and an original copy of Sonic the Hedgehog with It's box.

And to explain how I've played the entire FF Series it was done either romming or borrowing. It's in fact how I've played a lot of games so much or at least experienced so many via friends mainly.

Memorable Purchases
This section is dedicated to a few people that I feel deserve it. These are purchases that not only I enjoyed but someone or so has helped the influence of. A bit of a shout-out and thanks. Besides, something to make it unique, right?

Tetris - This one is interesting; When I moved I found it under a couch the person left for us. :D
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team - I actually lost this game somewhere in my house but a few months back one of my best friends gave me his copy. What was really memorable about this is that on his save data he had his main pokemon named as him And me named for his main partner. I find this interesting because in RPG's I have a tenancy of just going with the regular names but it shows what you can really do with RPG's and the selective names rather than just putting in "Douche" for the laughs.
Guitar Hero 2 - This game was a random gift from my sister and while I was involved into music before, I'm someone who got more into it off of GH and RB. Not the "Oh I only know bands from GH/RB" Type so don't get me the wrong way there. The really enjoyable thing about this is that I have a habit of picking up games easily. Guitar Hero 2 was a very accessible game but I managed to suck at the beginning until I went to the tutorial. It reminded me how good it is to make a game that's accessible, some things to note, and so forth. As a future want in the game development industry I really think this shall always stand as a memory at the very least.
Half-Life 2 - Ridleywolf got the Orange Box thus getting an extra copy of Half-Life 2; He wanted me to enjoy it so he gifted it to me. One of the only two gifts I've gotten via online.
Blaster Master - LurkerGuy/Lurker basically said "I'd like to gift this game for one person on the wii since It's too awesome to miss out on" I took him up on that, and being a good friend of his, he sent it to me. I've only had such short time with it but I've really enjoyed it so far.

More to be put up soon.

Post; Now.
Do I really need to say anything about this one?
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Zero

The GBA isn't region-free. You won't be able to play your Mother 3. So are you planning on getting a japanese GBA or does the DS, since it is region-free, play japanese GBA games?

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on March 20, 2010, 04:36:35 PM
The GBA isn't region-free. You won't be able to play your Mother 3. So are you planning on getting a japanese GBA or does the DS, since it is region-free, play japanese GBA games?
Last I remember, a friend of mine used his DS for it. The DSLite is region free, correct? Or does the GBA Player on the gamecube possibly allow this?

If not I'll have it simply for collector's value until I get something cheap to play it on. I've already beaten it twice.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Zero

Well Its worth a shot.

Play Asia ran out of copies years ago, unfortunately.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on March 20, 2010, 08:38:34 PM
Well Its worth a shot.

Play Asia ran out of copies years ago, unfortunately.
Yeah, it can't do that much to my DS.

Anywhere else then? I tried checking amazon; Didn't work. Maybe I could try ebay.

Turok

You have almost double the amount of games I have. Dang, good job TK.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Zero

Well TK, there are plenty of sites and people that will gladly sell it. Unfortunately, since it isn't Play Asia, Amazon, or Ebay I can't guarantee that you won't get ripped off. I wish Play Asia still had copies, because they're probably the best site to import games from, I've imported games through them at least a hundred times and every time the delivery was not only swifter than I thought it would be but the condition of the game was always perfect.

http://www.gamebaz.com/?a=i&i=20206U

You could try there, but honestly, I'd just poke around Ebay and Amazon for a few more weeks.

Theipaz

Very nice collection, Ive got 168 games. so were about even. I recommend getting billy hatcher and the giant egg.
Dying is easy, Living is the hard part.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on March 21, 2010, 11:34:56 AM
Well TK, there are plenty of sites and people that will gladly sell it. Unfortunately, since it isn't Play Asia, Amazon, or Ebay I can't guarantee that you won't get ripped off. I wish Play Asia still had copies, because they're probably the best site to import games from, I've imported games through them at least a hundred times and every time the delivery was not only swifter than I thought it would be but the condition of the game was always perfect.

http://www.gamebaz.com/?a=i&i=20206U

You could try there, but honestly, I'd just poke around Ebay and Amazon for a few more weeks.
Poking around Ebay and I've found a good one with free shipping for 40$. I think I'm just gonna get it off of there. I kinda wish I got it earlier new and cheaper but oh well; My funds back then were short. Might as well just get it soon; Like hell the DSLite isn't region locked so I'll probably have more to do with it than stare at it and say "That was a great game"

I think I'll poke around for a few weeks then make my choice from there before I leave since I'm ordering a few games to go to my house before I get back.

Quote from: killerkevin001 on March 24, 2010, 03:38:41 AM
I recommend getting billy hatcher and the giant egg.
It's on my gamecube list. :) I have about 30 games planned for it in the future. Really enjoyed the game but I only played it at friends houses

And thanks!

Zero

Alright TK, I'll post this here.

I got my copy of FFX International from Play Asia back when they were having a sale on it, and unfortunately, yes, to my knowledge the slim PS2 is region locked. I had to mod my ps2 with a fliptop cover so it could play it.