News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Fanboys

Started by Zovistograt, February 07, 2009, 11:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

I backspaced about 10 different ways to start some sort of review for this great movie about Star Wars fanboys trying to steal Star Wars Episode I because their friend has cancer and won't live to see it (circa 1998), but really, there is only one thing to say:

GO SEE THIS FREAKING MOVIE IF YOU LIKE STAR WARS.  IT MIGHT BE THE BEST STAR WARS SPINOFF PARODY THING SINCE SPACEBALLS.  NOT SAYING IT'S BETTER THAN SPACEBALLS BUT IT COMES FREAKING CLOSE.

*cough*

Now, I won't use any of the amazingly witty Star Wars-themed one-liners or quotes because that would ruin the movie, really.  There are cameos all over the place from Star Wars past, including the original Princess Leia where you least expect her.  And William Shatner.

I'll just warn you: there is hate for Trekkies in this movie.  A lot.  So unless you want to laugh at yourself every so often, don't watch it if you're a die-hard Trekkie and hate Star Wars.  But really, I think the poster makes the target audience quite clear.

Anybody else seen this movie?  I saw it with a bunch of friends and we laughed hard throughout the whole thing, from the opening (which was genius) to the great last line...and the one a few scenes before it concerning a lucky R2D2.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Silverhawk79

Looks amusing. I don't think I've seen any commercials for it, but I might go see it.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on February 07, 2009, 11:30:38 PM
Looks amusing. I don't think I've seen any commercials for it, but I might go see it.
From what I understand it's not in many theaters but it'll be in more if it does well this weekend.

It's been circulating via screenings in conventions for a few months now.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)