News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The Daft Punk Thread

Started by Zovistograt, October 07, 2007, 08:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

I find this appropriate.  This is where Daft Punk discussion goes...or, more specifically, where Rio and I discuss Daft Punk instead of hijacking Power On threads that usually have nothing to do with Daft Punk.

Their new CD, a live concert CD called "Alive 2007", will be released on December 20th in the US, and a month earlier in Europe.  Thanks to Rio for that info.

I'd also check out Daft Punk's official Youtube account for promoting this new CD.
http://youtube.com/user/daftpunkalive

"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

malons

Their anime movie was pretty awesome. Interstella 5555. Seen it?

Zovistograt

Quote from: malons on October 07, 2007, 08:21:14 AM
Their anime movie was pretty awesome. Interstella 5555. Seen it?
mmm yes, loved it.  Wish I could say the same about their other movie; WHY THE HECK DIDN'T THEY USE THEIR OWN MUSIC?!
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Riosan

Listening to Alive 1997 right now.

Daft Punk rocks. If I had the money and if they would play near me, I would go see them live.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Zovistograt

*listening to "Superheroes (Toxic Self Remix)" by The Toxic Avenger*

LISTEN TO THIS NAOW RIO IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

Riosan

Quote from: Zovistograt on October 07, 2007, 09:49:33 AM
*listening to "Superheroes (Toxic Self Remix)" by The Toxic Avenger*

LISTEN TO THIS NAOW RIO IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

Send mp3 or link or something. I love Superheroes.

Friendly Hostile

I think my favorite song by them is either Digital Love or Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.  It still pisses me off how Kanye West has raped that song.

Judas

I love Electroma. It's the craziest and strangest thing ever.

It's their newest film, for those who don't know.
"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

Riosan

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on October 07, 2007, 07:57:37 PM
I think my favorite song by them is either Digital Love or Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.  It still pisses me off how Kanye West has raped that song.

Personally, I adore Superheroes vs. Human After All, Musique, and Da Funk.

also pics

That's them in their signature LED pyramid playing Around the World at Coachella 2006. :)

Zovistograt

Quote from: Snorkel on October 07, 2007, 09:51:23 PM
I love Electroma. It's the craziest and strangest thing ever.

It's their newest film, for those who don't know.
but it doesn't use their music :(

Zovistograt

wth is up with Nightvision...I think DP was liek "this is a kewl harmonic beat" but then they were liek "but it's just a kewl harmonic beat" and then they were liek "w/e let's put it on the CD anyway"

no complaints there.

Riosan

Quote from: Zovistograt on October 08, 2007, 06:45:40 PM
wth is up with Nightvision...I think DP was liek "this is a kewl harmonic beat" but then they were liek "but it's just a kewl harmonic beat" and then they were liek "w/e let's put it on the CD anyway"

no complaints there.

For that matter, I don't know why they put On/Off on either, or WDPK.

Riosan

In honor of Alive 2007 coming out, I decided to upload a non-official mp3 to Youtube of One More Time vs Aerodynamic.

Click. Feel free to download it too. It's not officially from the CD, so it's not 100% illegal. :P

Judas

I'd have to say that Something About Us is my favorite song of theirs... Digital Love is a close second.
"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Snorkel on October 09, 2007, 09:00:38 PM
I'd have to say that Something About Us is my favorite song of theirs... Digital Love is a close second.

I pretty much love the entire Discovery Album