News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Sweeney

Started by Silly_Penguin, January 29, 2008, 01:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silly_Penguin

(now i know i made a topic on this movie a little while ago, but no one responded. and this one's a bit different)

Who has seen the new Tim Burton film, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street? I have, and i must say i absolutely LOVE it! ^_^ Before seeing it, i never knew Johnney Depp could sing. The soundtrack is great. I highly recommend this movie to those who have yet to see it.
From seeing it, i need to see the musical. Also, kill me for saying this, but the Sweeney movie is better then the Rent and Chicago movies (in my opinion). Well, you opinions on the movie?

OneManFreakShow

Rent's garbage, so that's not necessarily saying much.

I haven't seen it yet, but it looks great. I'm not sure if it'll be as good as Hairspray, Across the Universe, or Moulin Rouge were, but it looks good.

Beatnik

I saw it with a few friends. It's one of the only musicals I've enjoyed.

I'm just bracing myself for the flood of 15 year old goth kids with Sweeney Todd shirts.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Silly_Penguin

Quote from: OneManFreakShow on January 29, 2008, 09:44:52 PM

I haven't seen it yet, but it looks great. I'm not sure if it'll be as good as Hairspray, Across the Universe, or Moulin Rouge were, but it looks good.

Oh. (personally, i liked Rent.) But unfortunately i haven't seen the ones you listed. Although Hairspray looks interesting.

OneManFreakShow

Quote from: Silly_Penguin on January 30, 2008, 01:35:13 PM

Oh. (personally, i liked Rent.) But unfortunately i haven't seen the ones you listed. Although Hairspray looks interesting.

Hairspray was by far my favorite movie of 2006, although I have yet, unfortunately, to see Juno. Across the Universe was also fantastic, but it was really one of those movies that some people will love, and some people will hate. No in-between. As for Moulin Rouge, go rent it now.

Umbrion

Rent in my opinion was great
And Sweeny is good...but I think it would be better live[alas,they never came to my city]
Maybe not as good as Moulin Rouge or the others, but still quite good.
And you didn't know that Johnny Depp could sing?
Watch Crybaby. :3