News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Country music doesn't suck.

Started by major tom, December 30, 2007, 09:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

major tom

Alright, alright. I don't like country music. But it's ridiculous what a lot of people say about it.

Today's country is pretty much poop, but that's obvious. But what about old country? You can't say 'Johnny Cash sucks' with a sane mind. He was an amazing musician. I don't listen to any country, but I know there's quality in some of it.

I do like some country rock. Lynyrd Skynyrd is the best example of this. Listen to That Smell- a relaxed, bluesy, country-styled rock n' roll tune. The Rolling Stones, though British, have had a thing for America's music. Their somewhat famous song Dead Flowers is a nice country rock song, though it's more country than rock imo.

You don't have to like country, I don't either. But I don't see why everyone looks down at it in general just because today's country sucks. Respect it, ya'll.

Jono2

there are a couple of exceptions to the "country sucks" rule, and cash is one of them.

but really, to like country music in general, you have to be tone dead.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

major tom

I'd find it easier to like country than a lot of crap.

Like technopop club beat musics.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Co-Z on December 30, 2007, 10:22:21 PM
I'd find it easier to like country than a lot of crap.

Like technopop club beat musics.
:(

and you could just call that house, it's much easier
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

HeroOfTimeO0

When people say "country sucks", they're usually talking about what people consider country today. And what country is today does suck.
It's also confused a lot with folk. Folk is awesome, but too many people can't tell the difference, so they just catagorize it with country.
Also, there's a big difference betwee Country and Country Rock. :D

major tom

I've heard c-rock that leans to country and c-rock that leans to rock. There's a difference but not much. I just mentioned country rock because it's a kind of country I like.

And yes, folk is pretty kickass. Being the rock guy I am... yes I generally like folk-rock xD But ummmm yeep. Folk is great, anyone who gets it mixed up with country is totally wrong'd.

blue_slime

Country is easy listening, so I like it.
The lyrics are usually good too.

Fell

I don't normally listen to it either.

But that's why The Eagles are there. :)

They are a little bit of both.

"I just gotta have a peaceful, easy feeling..."

Spongebob does not approve