News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Shortest/longest album you have?

Started by major tom, June 30, 2008, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

major tom

What's the shortest/longest album you have?

I'd say for shortest, the Dead Kennedys EP In God We Trust Inc., fifteen minutes, but it's an EP. Shortest LP I have is the Misfits' Earth A.D., about 21 minutes. For longest, it's Led Zeppelin's How The West Was Won at 150 minutes, followed by my Cream compilation at 144 minutes. Aside live and compilation albums, I think my longest studio album is the White Album, 93 minutes.

Moriarty

So you're including live concert for this? I'm just making sure. And the Cream compilation - is that a compilation made by you or an officially released Compilation album?
QuoteWhere'd Annyong get that juice box?

Chloroform?

Probably some double album like All Things Must Pass. That one's over 2 hours if you count the bonus songs. I'm not gonna go into live albums.

I think a thread about longest/shortest song might be easier.

Riosan

I have some really short singles, and I have some really long double albums and live albums.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Moriarty

My longest officially released (live) album is:

Dave Matthews Band: The Complete Weekend on the Rocks - 8 Discs and 9.6 hours (~576 minutes I think).

If anyone can beat that, props.

major tom

Quote from: Moriarty on June 30, 2008, 03:44:27 PM
So you're including live concert for this? I'm just making sure. And the Cream compilation - is that a compilation made by you or an officially released Compilation album?
Official, doesn't count if you put it together. "Cream Gold" it's called, I bought it when I was first getting into Cream.

I was gonna say Pearl Jam's Live at the Gorge, but I looked it up. 8 hours, seven discs. Damn, you have a long-ass album.

Moriarty

Quote from: Co-Z on June 30, 2008, 08:13:57 PM
Quote from: Moriarty on June 30, 2008, 03:44:27 PM
Official, doesn't count if you put it together. "Cream Gold" it's called, I bought it when I was first getting into Cream.

I was gonna say Pearl Jam's Live at the Gorge, but I looked it up. 8 hours, seven discs. Damn, you have a long-ass album.

Yeah lol. It'll be hard to beat. I'm not saying there's not one out there, just saying not much. Doubt many, if anyone, has anything that contends with mine and your large albums.

As to smallest, I went through a couple EP's and shortest I found was 16 min. Saosin EP. As far as shortest LP or "full length", I haven't the slightest idea and I'm not going to look for it lol.

HoganM

Longest - Probably Phish at Vegas 96', 3 CD's and about 5 10 minute plus tracks
Shortest - Everywhere and his Nasty Parlour Tricks by Modest MOuse