News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Anime(s) you're thinking of getting?

Started by Mario583, August 01, 2008, 05:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

えっちーせんぱい

One's downloading, Pani Poni Dash (From Zovi)
One's done, but I'm having a hard time getting it to play correctly because its a HD MKV set; tis called True Tears~

Linkman

Triforceman22

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Totla

Quote from: Nayrman on August 01, 2008, 08:26:59 AM
Quote from: Riosan on August 01, 2008, 08:09:42 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on August 01, 2008, 07:03:12 AM
Ugh.... I cannot stand Haruhi and Lucky Star X_X;;

I hate Lucky Star. Awful show. Never watched Haruhi.
If you hate Lucky Star don't watch Haruhi...they have similar feel to them so I wouldn't bother if I were you X_X;;
Actually, I found them very different. I hate LS but Love Haruhi.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Totla on August 01, 2008, 02:21:06 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on August 01, 2008, 08:26:59 AM
Quote from: Riosan on August 01, 2008, 08:09:42 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on August 01, 2008, 07:03:12 AM
Ugh.... I cannot stand Haruhi and Lucky Star X_X;;

I hate Lucky Star. Awful show. Never watched Haruhi.
If you hate Lucky Star don't watch Haruhi...they have similar feel to them so I wouldn't bother if I were you X_X;;
Actually, I found them very different. I hate LS but Love Haruhi.
Haruhi Gets a 4 from me personally. Maybe a 3.8~

RevolutionSoldier

I am going to buy the first Death Note Box set when it comes out in November. I'm also thinking about collecting the Kanon dvd's.
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.

Zovistograt

Getting?  I stream my anime :3

Let's see here...my "to watch" list:

ANIME TO WATCH

Bokurano
Chobits
Clannad
Ichigo Mashimaro
Kanokon
Kanon 2006
Minami-Ke
Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei
Zoku Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

ChaosEmeralds7

I don't watch any animes. I can't stand the style at all. >_>

They just can't compete with the cartoons of olde, for me. AoSTH FTW!

Zovistograt

Quote from: ChaosEmeralds7 on August 01, 2008, 06:14:22 PM

The style of anime is a style that is supposed to convey emotion in the most expressive way possible, especially if the style is mo?.  That expression, unlike similar Western cartoons (if you can call any Western cartoon similar to some anime that is out now), can be anything from joy to sadness to gutwrenching confusion (especially in romance anime) that you just don't get with most Western animation.  With anime, you are thrust into a world that is true fanservice separate of the "panty-shots-and-image-stills-of-beach/pool/hot-springs-scenes" type: that of complete immersion into a colorful world that is foreign (quite literally in American otakudom) to your own.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

ChaosEmeralds7

Quote from: Zovistograt on August 01, 2008, 06:20:15 PM

The style of anime is a style that is supposed to convey emotion in the most expressive way possible, especially if the style is mo?.  That expression, unlike similar Western cartoons (if you can call any Western cartoon similar to some anime that is out now), can be anything from joy to sadness to gutwrenching confusion (especially in romance anime) that you just don't get with most Western animation.  With anime, you are thrust into a world that is true fanservice separate of the "panty-shots-and-image-stills-of-beach/pool/hot-springs-scenes" type: that of complete immersion into a colorful world that is foreign (quite literally in American otakudom) to your own.
IT STILL CAN'T COMPETE WITH THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x2NbK8IOpQ

Nayrman

Quote from: ChaosEmeralds7 on August 01, 2008, 06:30:35 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on August 01, 2008, 06:20:15 PM

IT STILL CAN'T COMPETE WITH THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x2NbK8IOpQ

Nothing's wrong with that show, but I have to agree with Zovi on this one.
Quality in anime has certainly been lacking (at least in one's I've been watching) but western shows will never compete with some of the really emotional and great storytelling of some of them (Fullmetal Alchemist and Ghost in the Shell anyone? I defy any western animation to even come close to GITS and Cowboy Bebop in terms of qualitiy X_X;; )