News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Anime Is Dubbed To English, Right?

Started by JrDude, January 21, 2009, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Nayrman

thank god no more Haruhi...no offense but I loathe that show. It's so stupid and haruhi is the ultimate ninny X_X;;

Pachuri

Quote from: Nayrman on February 07, 2009, 06:20:24 AM
thank god no more Haruhi...no offense but I loathe that show. It's so stupid and haruhi is the ultimate ninny X_X;;

How dare you

Nayrman

Quote from: Pachuri on February 07, 2009, 06:49:08 AM

thank god no more Haruhi...no offense but I loathe that show. It's so stupid and haruhi is the ultimate b**** X_X;;

How dare you
throughout the entire series that idiot has only one rational thought! X_X;;
Azumanga Daioh a million times better than Haruhi X_X;;

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Nayrman on February 07, 2009, 07:31:46 AM

thank god no more Haruhi...no offense but I loathe that show. It's so stupid and haruhi is the ultimate b**** X_X;;

How dare you

I agree, I like Haruhi but it's highly overrated

Zovistograt

How dare you
ummm

I agree that Haruhi is a bit on the overrated side, but it's still a very good anime in its own right.  I don't think Azumanga beats it.  I liked Lucky Star more than Azumanga.  Heck, I liked Manabi Straight more.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Nayrman

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 11, 2009, 07:01:53 PM

How dare you
ummm

I agree that Haruhi is a bit on the overrated side, but it's still a very good anime in its own right.  I don't think Azumanga beats it.  I liked Lucky Star more than Azumanga.  Heck, I liked Manabi Straight more.
Hanabi maybe, but no way Lucky Star beats Azumanga. Star is just too spastic and "wiggy" for my tastes.

My weekly anime review is reviewing Ga Rei Zero (although it's a brief one. I'm having computer work done so I kept them all short and sweet). But I'm watching Kara no Kyoukai in the near future (it's a series of OVA's and it's translated as "Garden of Sinners"). It's one of those mindintercourse  animes, but it's really smart and dark at the same time. I saw two of them at anime club, and I was impressed (and utterly confused. Imagine branching storylines that jump in time and involve a question of reality or fiction)

Zovistograt

Quote from: Nayrman on February 12, 2009, 03:54:06 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on February 11, 2009, 07:01:53 PM

How dare you
ummm

Hanabi maybe, but no way Lucky Star beats Azumanga. Star is just too spastic and "wiggy" for my tastes.

My weekly anime review is reviewing Ga Rei Zero (although it's a brief one. I'm having computer work done so I kept them all short and sweet). But I'm watching Kara no Kyoukai in the near future (it's a series of OVA's and it's translated as "Garden of Sinners"). It's one of those mindintercourse  animes, but it's really smart and dark at the same time. I saw two of them at anime club, and I was impressed (and utterly confused. Imagine branching storylines that jump in time and involve a question of reality or fiction)
Lucky Star blows Azumanga out of the water for me since it's the anime that got me into anime.  I fell in love with anime in the first seven minute food discussion, and I associate that anime with everything I love about anime.  So you can say I'm biased there, although I did not give LS a 10.  That only belongs to Kanon (2006) and Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, an astounding 6-episode hospital-based romance.

Zovistograt