News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

I need something to consume my boredom!

Started by Fish, April 17, 2009, 08:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fish

Hey. I've have been increasingly bored lately and need a new anime to watch. I seemed to always be content when I have one I'm watching.
I'll give you the name of the last few I watched and what I thought of them. I'd appreciate it if y'all would give me some recommendations.
No "Dude, you watch anime? Gay!" please.

Toradora!- I really liked this one. I was actually a fan of the manga before it came out.
Calannad & Clannad ~AS~ - I think it might just be my favorite anime series. Seriously. Great series IMHO.
Zero No Tsukaima S1,2,3- Season one was great. Season two was fan service with a really good ending episode spoiled by fan service. Season Three Was worse than two. I'll probably watch 4, but I hope they cut down of the fan service...
Chaos;Head- I thought it was interesting. Confused the hell out of me at first though. xP
Shakugan no Shana S1&2- I liked this one. More actiony than the others (besides Chaos;Head). Seemed slow at sometimes though...
True Tear- Watched this one out of boredom and almost dropped it after the first 3 eps. I actually grew to like it a lot.  =3

There's a good list. Hopefully you can help.
Thanks.

Zovistograt

ok, first, have you watched Air and Kanon (2006)?  I am sure that if you liked CLANNAD you would love those too (they're all Key visual novels made into anime by Kyoto Animation).

For new anime this spring, I'd recommend Tayutama ~Kiss On My Diety~ after watching one episode (the only one out right now), because it seems like it's going to be good.

Er, I was going to say, if you liked Shuffle! you would like that, but I see Shuffle! isn't on that list so maybe you'd like that.

Let's see...oh, watch Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora.  It's a romance in a hospital that is only 6 episodes, and it was absolutely beautiful.  You don't have much to lose since it's so short anyway.  If you like that, also watch another 6 ep from the same studio, Shinigami no Ballad.

Also, if you liked Zero no Tsukaima, I recommend a very underrated anime called Macademi WAsshoi.  It's amazingly hilarious.

...that enough? :3
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Fish

Mystic

Good anime:
Zoids
Gurren Lagaan
Fooly Cooly
Gantz
Rosario + Vampire

Fish

Quote from: Mystic on April 19, 2009, 01:52:01 PM
Good anime:
Zoids
Gurren Lagaan
Fooly Cooly
Gantz
Rosario + Vampire
I watched Rosario+Vampire First Season and like it. I even read the manga which I liked a lot more than the anime. I Started watching Capu2, but I lost interest in it.
As for the others I only remember watching Zoids when it was dubbed on Toonami a long time ago. I'll go give the others a look. =D

Nayrman

Quote from: Fish on April 19, 2009, 02:31:40 PM
Quote from: Mystic on April 19, 2009, 01:52:01 PM
Good anime:
Zoids
Gurren Lagaan
Fooly Cooly
Gantz
Rosario + Vampire
I watched Rosario+Vampire First Season and like it. I even read the manga which I liked a lot more than the anime. I Started watching Capu2, but I lost interest in it.
As for the others I only remember watching Zoids when it was dubbed on Toonami a long time ago. I'll go give the others a look. =D
How've you not seen Fooly Cooly @_@;;

I suggest the Kara no Kyoukai OVA series, they're pretty graphic, but they're good. If you can stomach/like those then I also suggest Higurashi No Koro Ni. Both a a little old (meaning they're not new stuff), but they're worth watching. Besides, we need more people who've seen Higurashi... the first season is just wicked.

Fish

Thanks. I'm looking into the series y'all given me. I think I may watch Kanon first seems a whole lot like Clannad.
I suggest the Kara no Kyoukai OVA series, they're pretty graphic, but they're good. If you can stomach/like those then I also suggest Higurashi No Koro Ni. Both a a little old (meaning they're not new stuff), but they're worth watching. Besides, we need more people who've seen Higurashi... the first season is just wicked.
I think I can handle some graphic stuff. Unless it's stuff that a normal human couldn't really imagine happening to someone... Then I might be a little disturbed.  =P
Now I have a list of series to check out & watch.  =3

Mystic

Watch all 5 seasons of Zoids. TV-Nihon subbed the 5th season. First for you can find dubbed and subbed.

SkyMyl

You haven't watched Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni.

Go watch it. Then watch it again.

Nayrman

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 21, 2009, 08:12:00 PM

That's the second season right? Eh, not as good as the first season. A little too much backstory and a little cheezy towards the end...

SkyMyl

Quote from: Nayrman on April 22, 2009, 07:14:37 AM

That's the second season right? Eh, not as good as the first season. A little too much backstory and a little cheezy towards the end...
The second season is Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai, which I have yet to finish. =_=

Nayrman

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 23, 2009, 01:21:29 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on April 22, 2009, 07:14:37 AM

The second season is Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai, which I have yet to finish. =_=
I know, I just called the second season of Higurashi for easiness.
Also, Darker than BLACK is a good show if you guys have the time...

Zovistograt

haha, we're watching that in Anime Club.  It's so much fun to watch with a group of people.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Nayrman

Quote from: Zovistograt on April 23, 2009, 04:16:07 PM

haha, we're watching that in Anime Club.  It's so much fun to watch with a group of people.
I'd love to run into the room and spoil it for all the people who've never seen it before XD