News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Why the hate for Cyberpunk?

Started by Tsumaru, June 16, 2009, 09:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsumaru

Everyone ninnyes when I nominate it, even though we never play it.  We'd rather play Badwater for the 9000th time or another gigantic map than a short and quick map with deathmatch and awesome music.

Face it guys, playing a huge map with <10 people isn't fun.  So vote Cyberpunk.

Totla

HEY GUYS LETS PLAY GRAVELPIT WITH SIX PEOPLE FUCK YEAGH GRAVELPIT

Blade Kiro

QuoteWriting didn't spring forth as some glorious method of transmitting philosophy and ideas. It was developed by Sumerians to keep track of how many bags of grain each jackass owed the government and gradually evolved from there.

Mario583

Light

It depends on what map I'm in the mood for. If I want to play a payload map, I nominate badwater or goldrush. If I want to play a control point map, I nominate Dustbowl, etc. So, if I feel uncompetitive, I'll be absolutely fine with Cyberpunk. Other times, not so much.

It is a good map, though.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Link3588

How about the creator makes it so the intercourse ing map ends when time runs out.  The reason we hate it is because it clears out the server and you all leave with out voting away so the server stays on cyberpunk forever.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Link3588 on June 17, 2009, 07:13:26 PM
How about the creator makes it so the intercourse ing map ends when time runs out.  The reason we hate it is because it clears out the server and you all leave with out voting away so the server stays on cyberpunk forever.
This. It also kills my framerate.

Link3588

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on June 17, 2009, 07:45:14 PM
This. It also kills my framerate.
Honestly, its not that hard to do.  All the guy needs to do is add one single entity that says when times runs out, the map ends.

Kachi Basoka

Mario583

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Link3588 on June 17, 2009, 08:14:14 PM
Honestly, its not that hard to do.  All the guy needs to do is add one single entity that says when times runs out, the map ends.
You can decompile it and add that. name it cyberpunk_final after you save, because it will show Cyberpunk when connecting (instead of cyberpunk_v2 or something).
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Ezlo

Cyberpunk seems more like a "screwing around" map rather than one where people would play seriously. It's been like nearly every time I've been on Cyberpunk in the NSF server.

Blade Kiro

Quote from: Blade Kiro on June 17, 2009, 01:07:26 AM
http://www.twistedmaps.net/tf2/maps/cp_cyberpunk.bsp.bz2

Control point version.

Personally I love cyberpunk.

It has 3 control points, and ends on a timer, and the music changes when the mid-point is captured. :(

QuoteWriting didn't spring forth as some glorious method of transmitting philosophy and ideas. It was developed by Sumerians to keep track of how many bags of grain each jackass owed the government and gradually evolved from there.

Daft Pink

Quote from: Kachi Basoka on June 18, 2009, 04:26:25 PM
CTF_WTF is better, obviously.
you sir, are now on the top of my wubbing list <3

Quote from: Mario583 on June 19, 2009, 09:56:14 AM
1-4 people = NO
5+ ppl = HELLS YEAHS
You're still mario, but not so bad for liking a map I made. no heart for you though. D:<